The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

Guest intercity0wl

And no-one wants to watch poo on the pitch anymore.... and therein lies the problem.

Any body who thinks whats on the pitch now is poo aint been following wednesday very long, compared to some of the poo i and alot more fans have seen this team in comparison is awsome.

Moving from the seat I've had for the last 15 years isn't something that I'd be particularly excited about. Especially when that involves moving to the kop in one of the seats that isn't already taken by exsisting season ticket holders and still paying £350 for the privelege. It's a pretty difficult situation.

Any body who thinks whats on the pitch now is poo aint been following wednesday very long, compared to some of the poo i and alot more fans have seen this team in comparison is awsome.

Sorry, just to clarify, i mean nobody wants to pay for the top 6 team that they want to watch. By 'poo ' i just mean average players who contribute to average team, not 'poo ' in the same context as Olsen, Tidman, Beswetherick etc

Guest christheowl

Posted by 'becauseofboxingday' on footymad, Very interesting read !

Sheffield Wednesday are a mid-table Championship team and next season can realistically expect to finish somewhere between 6th and 14th.

Sheffield United are a top 6 (at least) Championship team who may be playing in the Premier League next season, otherwise they will realistically expect a top 6 position with the Championship again.

The facilities within Bramall Lane, with the exception of Wednesdays South Stand, are better.

The economic demographic of both clubs is identical or at the least very similar.

Sheffield Wednesday have a fanbase that is comparable to Sheffield United (I choose my words carefully as I do not want to turn this into another attendance debate)yet they currently get higher attendances due to having a better team and due to having far cheaper tickets.

Sheffield Wednesday have more seats to fill than any other club in the country. Speaking technically, each seat is an income generating unit and at the moment Wednesday have literally thousands of seats that generate very little income for the club over the course of the season.

SO THEN, THE FACTS...............................................................

An existing season ticket holder at Hillsborough can have a season ticket in the best stand for £468. At Sheffield United, a renewal of the best seats will cost £379. £89 (23.5%) more expensive at Hillsborough.

An existing season ticket holder can renew on the kop at Wednesday for £333, at Sheffield United £279. £54 (19.4%) more expensive at Hillsborough.

Under 13’s at United are free. Only under 8’s at Wednesday are free. How many children under 8 actually attend Hillsborough? The vast majority of parents do not regularly take their children until they are at least 5 or 6. AN EMPTY GESTURE WEDNESDAY!

Not only do we not compete with United on the free tickets, 12 and 13 year olds do not even qualify for the cheapest under 11 rate. Are you sure that our new Chairman has a clue about marketing?

The 4 P’s of marketing are:-

PRICE – We are more expensive

PRODUCT – Inferior to United

PLACE – Hillsborough looks tired unlike Bramall Lane. Market Placement, don’t get me started on that.

PROMOTION – Don’t make me laugh! DVD anyone?

A typical working class bloke with a 12 year old child can sit on the kop at Hillsborough for a combined cost of £483 at Hillsborough, £279 at Bramall Lane. An incredible £204 (73%!!!!!!!!!!!!!) more expensive.

United give away a free shirt, we get a DVD!

Well that’s the existing season ticket holders well and truly stuffed. Maybe they are banking on their loyalty to still renew. Surely we will be looking to get back fans who have hardly been since we got relegated from the Premier League. Surely we will be looking to get those fans back who after the black balloon debacle swore they wouldn’t return until there was board room change.

New season ticket holder on the kop at Bramall Lane £349, £370 at Hillsborough, £21 more expensive (6%).

New season ticket in the South Stand at Hillsborough £520!!!!! (Please don’t pass out), Valad Stand at Bramall Lane £449. £71 (15.8%) more expensive.

What about our typical working class bloke with the 12 year old lad? £537 at Hillsborough, £418 at Bramall Lane. £119 (28.5%) more expensive.

United have a clear pricing structure. They have different category games and everybody knows that there will be a set number of games for £10. This has been factored into the price. Surely Wednesday would announce a similar scheme to prevent paranoia amongst season ticket holders that they will not make a seasons commitment only to see numerous give aways. No chance!

Still, lets be positive! We probably have under 100 season ticket holders who are over 80. At least they get a free ticket. That will ensure we continue to get a decent market share of the footballing support in Sheffield, won’t it?

This was a chance to get the feel good factor back amongst the fans. I honestly believe that with the right pricing structure our average attendance would be at least comparable with our city rivals. Unfortunately it has proved to be yet another false dawn. At this rate, the only Sheffield club we will be competing with is Rotherham!

A major let down. Ripping us off by slightly less than last season does not make suddenly make it value for money. Swallow your pride, announce that the sale of season tickets will be delayed and implement a new pricing structure.

YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND TIME CREATING IT, GO ON THE SHEFFIELD UNITED WEBSITE AND SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just to clarify, i mean nobody wants to pay for the top 6 team that they want to watch. By 'poo ' i just mean average players who contribute to average team, not 'poo ' in the same context as Olsen, Tidman, Beswetherick etc

Oy careful..Olsen was never given a proper run in the team on account of him not being able to run...obviously his jumpin' was below average as well...but his ball control was so subtle no fvcker noticed ..KIm Olsen Wednesday legend...his like will never be seen at Hillsborough again..nor should it....

Guest Batigol

I want it to be affordable for me and my family, I don't want a free DVD I've already bought the individual ones, as someone has already said knock £20 off the season ticket price instead.

Why not do something similar to Bradford, the more who buy the cheaper it gets.

I know it's not YOUR fault the club are in such a mess (or were) but we aren't all millionaires either, times are hard.

A-up Nick, if it helps, I'll happily give thi a few quid for the DVD.

PM me if thaz bothered mateypeeps.

Haven't had chance to read most of this but will when I'm back from London.

Paying even £15 to see a football match is a disgrace and they take the wee wee. I know we need funds etc but slash the prices and get more bums on seats.

I'll be renewing my North stand ticket, about what I expected so am relatively happy enough, although I did by a derby at the lane DVD last week so let me know if anyone wants to buy one!

By the way, do you know that you can sign on for a course at Sheff college and become a student with an NUS card for not much. I did the other year and paid the first installment of £70 and saved loads more than that. I'm sure you can do it for less than £70 if you try. I was in two minds about passing this on incase it stops any funds going to Laws but at the end of the day 30 000 regularly will have a bigger impact on the team, not that I think we're going to be getting that many 30 000's next season.

Edited by goodytheowl

Posted by 'becauseofboxingday' on footymad, Very interesting read !

Sheffield Wednesday are a mid-table Championship team and next season can realistically expect to finish somewhere between 6th and 14th.

Sheffield United are a top 6 (at least) Championship team who may be playing in the Premier League next season, otherwise they will realistically expect a top 6 position with the Championship again.

The facilities within Bramall Lane, with the exception of Wednesdays South Stand, are better.

The economic demographic of both clubs is identical or at the least very similar.

Sheffield Wednesday have a fanbase that is comparable to Sheffield United (I choose my words carefully as I do not want to turn this into another attendance debate)yet they currently get higher attendances due to having a better team and due to having far cheaper tickets.

Sheffield Wednesday have more seats to fill than any other club in the country. Speaking technically, each seat is an income generating unit and at the moment Wednesday have literally thousands of seats that generate very little income for the club over the course of the season.

SO THEN, THE FACTS...............................................................

An existing season ticket holder at Hillsborough can have a season ticket in the best stand for £468. At Sheffield United, a renewal of the best seats will cost £379. £89 (23.5%) more expensive at Hillsborough.

An existing season ticket holder can renew on the kop at Wednesday for £333, at Sheffield United £279. £54 (19.4%) more expensive at Hillsborough.

Under 13’s at United are free. Only under 8’s at Wednesday are free. How many children under 8 actually attend Hillsborough? The vast majority of parents do not regularly take their children until they are at least 5 or 6. AN EMPTY GESTURE WEDNESDAY!

Not only do we not compete with United on the free tickets, 12 and 13 year olds do not even qualify for the cheapest under 11 rate. Are you sure that our new Chairman has a clue about marketing?

The 4 P’s of marketing are:-

PRICE – We are more expensive

PRODUCT – Inferior to United

PLACE – Hillsborough looks tired unlike Bramall Lane. Market Placement, don’t get me started on that.

PROMOTION – Don’t make me laugh! DVD anyone?

A typical working class bloke with a 12 year old child can sit on the kop at Hillsborough for a combined cost of £483 at Hillsborough, £279 at Bramall Lane. An incredible £204 (73%!!!!!!!!!!!!!) more expensive.

United give away a free shirt, we get a DVD!

Well that’s the existing season ticket holders well and truly stuffed. Maybe they are banking on their loyalty to still renew. Surely we will be looking to get back fans who have hardly been since we got relegated from the Premier League. Surely we will be looking to get those fans back who after the black balloon debacle swore they wouldn’t return until there was board room change.

New season ticket holder on the kop at Bramall Lane £349, £370 at Hillsborough, £21 more expensive (6%).

New season ticket in the South Stand at Hillsborough £520!!!!! (Please don’t pass out), Valad Stand at Bramall Lane £449. £71 (15.8%) more expensive.

What about our typical working class bloke with the 12 year old lad? £537 at Hillsborough, £418 at Bramall Lane. £119 (28.5%) more expensive.

United have a clear pricing structure. They have different category games and everybody knows that there will be a set number of games for £10. This has been factored into the price. Surely Wednesday would announce a similar scheme to prevent paranoia amongst season ticket holders that they will not make a seasons commitment only to see numerous give aways. No chance!

Still, lets be positive! We probably have under 100 season ticket holders who are over 80. At least they get a free ticket. That will ensure we continue to get a decent market share of the footballing support in Sheffield, won’t it?

This was a chance to get the feel good factor back amongst the fans. I honestly believe that with the right pricing structure our average attendance would be at least comparable with our city rivals. Unfortunately it has proved to be yet another false dawn. At this rate, the only Sheffield club we will be competing with is Rotherham!

A major let down. Ripping us off by slightly less than last season does not make suddenly make it value for money. Swallow your pride, announce that the sale of season tickets will be delayed and implement a new pricing structure.

YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND TIME CREATING IT, GO ON THE SHEFFIELD UNITED WEBSITE AND SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately were not in the financial position to do that or have you forgotten about the 20-30 million debt we are servicing.

a million quid debt needs £30k a month just to pay off the capital and intrest over three years

a twenty million quid debt needs 600k a months just to pay off the capital and intrest over three years.

The club arn't in SUFC's financial position unfortunately

Haven't had chance to read most of this but will when I'm back from London.

Paying even £15 to see a football match is a disgrace and they take the wee wee. I know we need funds etc but slash the prices and get more bums on seats.

I'll be renewing my North stand ticket, about what I expected so am relatively happy enough, although I did by a derby at the lane DVD last week so let me know if anyone wants to buy one!

By the way, do you know that you can sign on for a course at Sheff college and become a student with an NUS card for not much. I did the other year and paid the first installment of £70 and saved loads more than that. I'm sure you can do it for less than £70 if you try. I was in two minds about passing this on incase it stops any funds going to Laws but at the end of the day 30 000 regularly will have a bigger impact on the team, not that I think we're going to be getting that many 30 000's next season.

.............another reason why Student tickets in any form are a disgrace

So its not just a nickname then pillock.

Speaking of Wednesdayite what has our INDEPENDANT fans group got to say about the the inconsistencies in the spoutings of our saviour re; STs, or aren't they allowed to be independant anymore now that renewals are on the official club stationary?

I look forward to your Judd like tones next week on RS.

BTW, what's a pillock?

Guest zenowl

unfortunately were not in the financial position to do that or have you forgotten about the 20-30 million debt we are servicing.

a million quid debt needs £30k a month just to pay off the capital and intrest over three years

a twenty million quid debt needs 600k a months just to pay off the capital and intrest over three years.

The club arn't in SUFC's financial position unfortunately

Exactly.

The post/ article is nothing but claptrap.

What is the point of getting 4 thousand extra fans through the door and having a smaller budget than last year?

If anyone stopped to think, the amount of discount we were all expecting was utterly unrealistic.

LS' only error was in not damping down expectation while he had the chance. He allowed everyone to expect £250 season tickets...and now we are facing the backlash.

Everyone needs to get a grip.

No, another example of people after a cheap ticket for themselves and not interested in investing in our club.

Disgusting

I know

You have to laugh really

Seems a lot of people are only interested in saving money - people that won't buy the shirt on the club shop cos they can get it a fiver cheaper elsewhere.

Exactly.

The post/ article is nothing but claptrap.

What is the point of getting 4 thousand extra fans through the door and having a smaller budget than last year?

If anyone stopped to think, the amount of discount we were all expecting was utterly unrealistic.

LS' only error was in not damping down expectation while he had the chance. He allowed everyone to expect £250 season tickets...and now we are facing the backlash.

Everyone needs to get a grip.

Smack on the head....

I agree that the mistake made was letting expectation get too unrealistic

But the club will learn and take note

It still has to be remembered that LS is trying to deliver a hugely increased playing budget whilst cutting the vast majority of ST prices - probably unprecedented in this current climate

As i keep saying - the club is fvcked

I know

You have to laugh really

Seems a lot of people are only interested in saving money - people that won't buy the shirt on the club shop cos they can get it a fiver cheaper elsewhere.

Scram, people are always going to try and save money..in todays climate people are going to be even more desperate to save money..put yourself in the position of an ardent Owls fan who knows that this coming year summats got to give...and he scrabbles for a season ticket...can you blame him for trying to get it as cheap as he can?...course you flipping can't!

Past seasons have shown Wednesday fans will turn up..no matter who we are playing...Football fans ll over the country are being disenfrachised because of the prohibitive cost of watching their football teams...all that is happening on here is barter from fans who want to make every game rather than the odd 13 or so...

for those of us lucky enough to afford the lot thank god..for the rest...let 'em try and get the best deal they can before heaping the blame on them..

market forces works both ways...someones selling something as dearly as they can...someone wants to buy it ..as cheaply as they can..

who's in the flipping wrong?