The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

Guest becauseofboxingday

Exactly.

The post/ article is nothing but claptrap.

What is the point of getting 4 thousand extra fans through the door and having a smaller budget than last year?

If anyone stopped to think, the amount of discount we were all expecting was utterly unrealistic.

LS' only error was in not damping down expectation while he had the chance. He allowed everyone to expect £250 season tickets...and now we are facing the backlash.

Everyone needs to get a grip.

Who ever said anything about reduced prices equalling reduced revenue??????

Do you think that United will have made less revenue than Wednesday through gate receipts this season???

I very much doubt it.

Guest zenowl

Do you think that United will have made less revenue than Wednesday through gate receipts this season???

I very much doubt it.

I think they have actually.

there were figures posted on here a while ago. Though I don't have them to hand persoanlly.

I very much doubt it.

They did the previous season.

Guest becauseofboxingday

unfortunately were not in the financial position to do that or have you forgotten about the 20-30 million debt we are servicing.

a million quid debt needs £30k a month just to pay off the capital and intrest over three years

a twenty million quid debt needs 600k a months just to pay off the capital and intrest over three years.

The club arn't in SUFC's financial position unfortunately

Your maths is irrelevant as the club is not paying off the capital over 3 years. They are merely paying the interest. As it is a business loan it is highly likely that the interest rate will be variable and linked to the Bank of England Base Rate. £1 million per annum at most.

Furthermore, as I said above, why do you assume that reduced prices equals reduced turnover?

If I sold bread at £10 per loaf and bread at £1 per loaf, the lower price would result in the highest revenue.

Edited by becauseofboxingday

People can blame those not happy with the new prices all they want, but the fact is the prices haven't inspired what seems a fair proportion of our supporters.

I am seriously concerned for next season now. Does anybody know what number of ST's we have budgeted for to pay for the 50% wage budget increase ?

People can blame those not happy with the new prices all they want, but the fact is the prices haven't inspired what seems a fair proportion of our supporters.

I am seriously concerned for next season now. Does anybody know what number of ST's we have budgeted for to pay for the 50% wage budget increase ?

16,000, not a chance at current prices.

I have to admit, a lot of fans have really pi$$ed me off over the past day or so with their moaning about Season Ticket pricing. Yes, times are hard but it's the same for everyone.

The new board have come into the club, turned things around (for the better) built bridges with fans groups alianated by the previous regime and suddenly some fans seem to think that they'll be getting there season tickets for next to nothing like the team at the other side of the city who haven't got a +£20m debt to service!!!

The fact is (like it or not) but external investment coming into the club in time to sort out Brian Laws pre-season budget is highly unlikely so the money needs to be generated by the fans. This is why it's really annoyed me to hear people saying they'll not bother next season because they haven't seen massive deductions on their ticklets for or they expect to be able to sit on the best stand in the ground for less just because they're attending as a family.

It's a simple question, would you rather see the similar situation next season of Laws struggling along (especially during a week when we have a midweek match) and pay less for your ticket, OR would you rather pay a little bit more and actually see what he's capable of with a more competitive wage budget and give him the very real possibility of pushing on and improving on this seasons performances? I know which outcome I would rather see!!

As it is, sitting on the South Stand I have seen a fall in the price of my ticket by around £60 for next season and I actually think that this is a fair amount and the board at Hillsborough have done a very good job in making the pricing as fair as they possibly could for next season while at the same time trying to keep in mind that there does need to be an increased budget made available for new players in order to make us a more competitive Championship Club.

I think a few of these fans who've spat the dummy out over this really need to question whether they would rather see a progressive team every other week with a more realisitic chance of doing something or whether they'd rather pay less and watch the same sort of rubbish we've been served up over the past 10 years.

Scram, people are always going to try and save money..in todays climate people are going to be even more desperate to save money..put yourself in the position of an ardent Owls fan who knows that this coming year summats got to give...and he scrabbles for a season ticket...can you blame him for trying to get it as cheap as he can?...course you flipping can't!

Past seasons have shown Wednesday fans will turn up..no matter who we are playing...Football fans ll over the country are being disenfrachised because of the prohibitive cost of watching their football teams...all that is happening on here is barter from fans who want to make every game rather than the odd 13 or so...

for those of us lucky enough to afford the lot thank god..for the rest...let 'em try and get the best deal they can before heaping the blame on them..

market forces works both ways...someones selling something as dearly as they can...someone wants to buy it ..as cheaply as they can..

who's in the flipping wrong?

We're talking about people who have habitually sought to save cash rather than pay that little extra to go into the club - like the guy in this thread who enrolled on a college course he didn't wanna go on - just to get the NUS card so he could get a student ST

If that's the way we should all go about things then lets forget any notion of this collective "brotherhood" we have as wednesday fans and let's all just scream "**** you cos i'm sorted"

Like yourself i have spent money i haven't got on Wednesday - i bought shoddy overpriced tripe - not because i couldn't get better elsewhere - but in some absurd notion that if we all did likewise then maybe the club could improve - i have never bought my replica kits and merchandise from anywhere other than the club - i'm not flipping interested in saving a fiver that might go toward making the club stronger - in short it's the sort of mentality that you know and understand - a love of this club and the understanding that we might not be getting great value for money in a corporate sense - but **** me outside the birth of my daughter this club has probably given me the best and worst - and everything in between - emotions of my life

That's football fandom for the majority - we accept we pay maybe a little more than we should financially and we know we invest waaaaay too much emotionally - but it's a price we pay

Now...

I could understand this and would be leading the clarion calls IF the ST prices had gone up - but the vast majority are cheaper - they have been reduced with the promise of an increase in the player budget - this is why i feel some fans need to take a little raincheck and think about it

£30 or so isn't gonna be the financial burden that breaks the bank for hardly anybody - but some people seem to think if they had that much discount on top of what has already been given they would be happy - but that small amount of money has some people raising hell and threatening boyvotts and all sorts

Perspective?

Now we are not gonna agree on this - that much is clear - i respect your opinions enormously but i'm afraid i can't agree.

Edited by scram

Guest becauseofboxingday

At the end of the day we are customers of a business.

When compared with other businesses within the same industry, the pirice is too expensive.

Vodafone can't get away with charging their customers loads more than Orange just because they have more debt.

The product on offer at Hillsborough is too expensive and in order to make the necessary increase in sales, the price needs to be reduced.

If they do not sort it, the full repercussions will not be felt for 20 years when United have gained the vast proprtion of a whole generation through their child season ticket pricing.

Your maths is irrelevant as the club is not paying off the capital over 3 years. They are merely paying the interest. As it is a business loan it is highly likely that the interest rate will be variable and linked to the Bank of England Base Rate. £1 million per annum at most.

Furthermore, as I said above, why do you assume that reduced prices equals reduced turnover?

If I sold bread at £10 per loaf and bread at £1 per loaf, the lower price would result in the highest revenue.

eh?

Where do you go shopping?

Guest zenowl

Fair enough. The reductions are not inspiring- they are realistic but not inspiring.

But the mass hysteria needs tempering. I think all the complainers need to think before they post. Otherwise it will end in disaster.

IF KAVEN WALKER, HAD ANNOUNCED THESE PRICES THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A LYNCH MOB, WAITING FOR HIM TODAY.

That's exactly what me and BIG D were saying yesterday.

As it is I'm going to save £30, based on last seasons prices, which is okay - however you just don't get the feeling that the prices will get the masses back to Hillsborough especially when down the road at S2 they are paying £54 less to (possibly) see Torres, Rooney, Drobga, etc.

Fair enough. The reductions are not inspiring- they are realistic but not inspiring.

But the mass hysteria needs tempering. I think all the complainers need to think before they post. Otherwise it will end in disaster.

Fair enough.

My concern is that those unhappy, are just that 'unhappy'. No amount of criticising them, or saying they don't understand the situation, will change that.

Personally, I am not looking forward to sitting in another half empty ground next season, so how are we going to inspire all our supporters, not just the ones who can see the bigger picture ?

Guest becauseofboxingday

eh?

Where do you go shopping?

I do not understand your comment?????

You would generate no sales at £10 per loaf but you would at £1 per loaf...........................................At least they sell plenty at approximately £1 per loaf in Tesco where I shop.

When compared with other businesses within the same industry, the pirice is too expensive.

Rubbish - we are supporters of a football club

If your logic held true we would all support Man U or Arsenal et al and there would be about 6 clubs

so if you sold 10 loaves at 1 = 10 quid and that would be the maximum you could earn.

but priced at 10 quid you only need to sell 1 to generate 10 quid, but if you sold 2 you'd be 10 quid better off

Vodafone can't get away with charging their customers loads more than Orange just because they have more debt.

The product on offer at Hillsborough is too expensive and in order to make the necessary increase in sales, the price needs to be reduced.

If they do not sort it, the full repercussions will not be felt for 20 years when United have gained the vast proprtion of a whole generation through their child season ticket pricing.

Football is a business but to try and compare it to your mobile phone provider is a little out of pespective to say the least.

How many people do you know who feel passionately about their phone provider and would support them through thick and thin? Would you really give a $hit if Vodafone went bust? No, you'd just switch to another provider and get on with things!!!

Mobile phone contracts do not command the same amount of loyalty as the love of your local football team does, there is absolutely no comparison to be drawn here.

We're talking about people who have habitually sought to save cash rather than pay that little extra to go into the club - like the guy in this thread who enrolled on a college course he didn't wanna go on - just to get the NUS card so he could get a student ST

If that's the way we should all go about things then lets forget any notion of this collective "brotherhood" we have as wednesday fans and let's all just scream "**** you cos i'm sorted"

Like yourself i have spent money i haven't got on Wednesday - i bought shoddy overpriced tripe - not because i couldn't get better elsewhere - but in some absurd notion that if we all did likewise then maybe the club could improve - i have never bought my replica kits and merchandise from anywhere other than the club - i'm not flipping interested in saving a fiver that might go toward making the club stronger - in short it's the sort of mentality that you know and understand - a love of this club and the understanding that we might not be getting great value for money in a corporate sense - but **** me outside the birth of my daughter this club has probably given me the best and worst - and everything in between - emotions of my life

That's football fandom for the majority - we accept we pay maybe a little more than we should financially and we know we invest waaaaay too much emotionally - but it's a price we pay

Now...

I could understand this and would be leading the clarion calls IF the ST prices had gone up - but the vast majority are cheaper - they have been reduced with the promise of an increase in the player budget - this is why i feel some fans need to take a little raincheck and think about it

£30 or so isn't gonna be the financial burden that breaks the bank for hardly anybody - but some people seem to think if they had that much discount on top of what has already been given they would be happy - but that small amount of money has some people raising hell and threatening boyvotts and all sorts

Perspective?

Now we are not gonna agree on this - that much is clear - i respect your opinions enormously but i'm afraid i can't agree.

Maybe we're not gonna agree mate...but youve made feel really guilty about sendin' that 80yr old lad down to q for me season ticket :biggrin:

Now...

Perspective?

I tell you what Scram, that's a hell of a post.

Although I still don't feel the reductions go far enough - you've helped convince me otherwise.

100% agree about buying things directly from the Owls, I only got Married so I could have it at the Wednesday ground!

Top post.

Personally, I am not looking forward to sitting in another half empty ground next season, so how are we going to inspire all our supporters, not just the ones who can see the bigger picture ?

There is only one surefire way to inspire supporters - and with maybe one or two exceptions in history that holds true

Guess what that is.....