Barcelona & Talksport

Was listening to Talksport in the car yesterday during the game and twice the score summariser referred to us as 'Barcelona'.........

Hartlepool 0 Barcelona 'I mean Sheffield Wednesday 1

Same thing on both occasions so where has the Barcelona thing come from.

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere but I haven't been through every thread

I tweeted them saying we were MASSIVE.

But of more relevance, who was the reporter, was he an ex-owl?

I have no idea. Was just trying to get an update on any scores and was flicking between Talksport and 5 Live around 4.00pm.

One of the presenters yesterday quoted GM as saying that we were the Barcelona of League 1 which isn't what he said.

GM actually said that the perception is that we are the Barcelona of League 1 which I took to mean the size of the club compared to the others in the Division and no comparison of playing styles.

GM was talking about journalists slagging Wednesday off whenever we lose a game.

He was basically saying that they expect us to win every game and over react when we lose. "they perceive us as the Barcelona of League 1" were his exact words.

Talksport have misquoted it as GM saying we ARE the Barcelona of League 1 and have been taking the wee wee ever since

It was said by Adrian Durham who seems to take every opportunity to slag us off seemed to start around the time of the burst pipes Quote "I thought they were a big club?"

Megsons actual quote was

"The perception is that we're the Barcelona of League One. I find it all a bit strange" –

Basically Megson said that people think we've got a big budget such as Barca or Real Madrid, but Megson said we don't we're a league one club and we are run as a league one club, or words to that effect. It was in the match report in the sun pullout last week,

Durham has had a problem with us ever since Megson didn't do an interview for Talksport.

He also tried to make out that our burst pipes was some sort of conspiracy.

Its understandable with him being a Peterborough fan.

Must be hard supporting a tinpot club.

durhams a cnut goughie is a cnut h and j are worth a listen,stopped listenin when they got rid er the best comedt double act on radio(parry and graham)and replaced em with keys and gray

Agree with that. Parry and Graham were a decent laugh. Keys and Gray are up their own arses with their best pals act on radio.

H&J are still a good listen.

Durham & Gough are poo though. Gough is just thick and Durham is a complete bellend.

Durham just hates Megson, once asked Wednesday fans to call in and explain just how bad it must be to have him as manager of our club.Said he must be the worst person any club could have as a manager, old tactics ranting and raving, no class.

Really cant wait till we go up under meggy and his Posh little club slip back into no mans land, will give it him straight.