Lewis Mcgugan

No doubt will do well for them.....for a while. Really liked him when we first had him, real quality. Scored some good goals for us. The strike against PNE shows his quality, not many players would have tried to lob the keeper in that instance. Shame how it all turned out for him and us. 

I posted that I'd read some forest fan had said this was happening last week. Thought nothing of it but be happy if it comes off. 

Never like to see someone wasting away and gets him off our wage bill. 

4 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

This might be a dumb question but isnt he still on our wage bill while on this trial ?

I assume so, as he's still under contract with us. The fact the club are happy to send him on trial to another team would suggest how keen they are to get him out the door.

Can anyone think of another example of this happening? It seems like a very unusual step to me.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I assume so, as he's still under contract with us. The fact the club are happy to send him on trial to another team would suggest how keen they are to get him out the door.

Can anyone think of another example of this happening? It seems like a very unusual step to me.

Im sure its been done before ive got a feeling that weve taken players on trial from other clubs but i cant think who 

No doubt he's a classy player on his day and has had some good performances for us. But he's also capable of being incredibly frustrating. 

I remember when Colin brought his Rotherham team to Hillsborough. We were 1-0 down and McGugan came on with about 15 mins left. He swanned around in the middle of the pitch, passing it sideways, with all the urgency of a player who was 3-0 up in a pre-season friendly. I was tearing my hair out. 

2 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Im sure its been done before ive got a feeling that weve taken players on trial from other clubs but i cant think who 

Maybe I'm just being forgetful or I don't pay enough attention! I just can't recall hearing of a trialist being under contract with another club.

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Here's hoping it's a step to a resolution.

Think it's about time that all parties did whatever possible to move Mcgugan on, for everyone's sake.

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Here's hoping it's a step to a resolution.

Think it's about time that all parties did whatever possible to move Mcgugan on, for everyone's sake.

No doubt. It's certainly high time for both the club and McGugan to cut their losses and move on.

It seems the club have been trying to get him out for quite some time now. Hopefully Lewis is on the same page this time and impresses down in Wales...

55 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

No doubt will do well for them.....for a while. Really liked him when we first had him, real quality. Scored some good goals for us. The strike against PNE shows his quality, not many players would have tried to lob the keeper in that instance. Shame how it all turned out for him and us. 

It wouldn't have gone in if it didn't clip the defender. It annoys me that people regard it as a precision strike from long distance. It was more of a hit and hope. 

19 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Good luck with fitting into archaic football tactics and working for a football manager dinosaur.  

Hope you're ready to be told to kick lumps out of the opposition and go down like a sack of spuds when you're touched too.

Warnock is just the sort of aggressive motivator that might get a decent season out of him. 

Just now, poite said:

Good move for both parties. Cardiff get an excellent championship player and mcgugan gets a chance to play for a manager who certainly won't accept any s**t.

The fact that he has trained with the reserves for the last two years kind of tells me that Carlos didint accept any either.