The Cult of Megson

5 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

So a man who failed in league one is more preferred to a man who got us in the play offs on the league above in his first season .... also what is it you say ... no sentiment in footy is it ? 

If there was any doubt of your trolling then those doubts have been cleared up ...... 

He's done more than CC has in his career.

No sentiment no, I don't give a shiney poo about CC, I think he met par last year and has seriously underperformed last year. He's had 13 clubs in 13 years. Tells you everything. 

He freezes players out (McGugan), some before they've even had a chance to show what they can do (Emanuelson, Lachman etc etc)

He's a false prophet

I think half the problem is that many of you have a man crush on him still and you all need to wake up and smell the coffee, he's no good.

1 minute ago, Thewaynesday said:

Not you man. Your more or an Owls fan than half the posters on here lol 

Things didn't pan after he left us. But WBA is the house The Megsons and Paul Thompson built Back to premier league promotions with an average to bad squad

35 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Sacked for bumbling into playoff positions with one of the highest budgets in the Division (LEAGUE ONE!!!), playing awful painful to watch football...

Yeah just what we need now.

That's not what he was sacked for.

39 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

We are back. 

Get garymegson in

garymegsongarymegsongarymegson

A manager who can and will get us promoted. 

Nobody does yes it better than garymegson

give over. but I'm pretty sure he would make a good head gardener with amount of gardening leave he has had. got to be a wind up

Just now, Thewaynesday said:

What year was that ? 2007 ?

2002/2004 we were the drizzling shits he came in earrly 2001 when we were heading to league 1 got us to the playoffs that first year Automatic the next. 2007 under mowbray we won the Championship

7 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

That's not what he was sacked for.

Oh yeah I forgot the "he told Milan to Do off to protect his players" conspiracy theories of the Cult. lol

Like the other one where he was gonna break the habit of the season and play 2 proper wingers. If only he'd have had Antonio and Ben10 in the same side... We might just have scraped 3rd.

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Oh yeah I forgot the "he told Milan to Do off to protect his players" conspiracy theories of the Cult. lol

Like the other one where he was gonna break the habit of the season and play 2 proper wingers. If only he'd have had Antonio and Ben10 in the same side... We might just have scraped 3rd.

:laugh:

The alternative is to believe everything you're told (by Mandaric). I'm too cynical for that. People tell you want they want you to believe.

Also Megsons demeanour on the day and the way COG came over to him after he scored supports the view that he was sacked for defending one of his players (COG) in the face of criticism from the chairman.

22 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

I have no man crush. Just I've followed Wednesday 35 years and in that time we have had about 70000 managers. Sacking a manager to push the team on fails about 99% of the time. I know this as fact from our own history. 

you sack the manager because the team is underachieving and hope the new manager can get them playing to their proper level. Why should we waste time, keeping 'faith' in Carlos, he hasn't shown anything to suggest he will turn it around.

53 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I could see a few of the current squad really warming to the idea of runs through the woods!!garymegson

I can't see DC having much fondness for being called a c@@t in front of a dozen members of the staff.

The bawling out type of manager seems to be out of vogue at the moment. There's got to be a place for emotional managers losing it with underperforming overpaid players but you have to know how to pick your time and place, it's like swearing do it all the time and it has no effect .

I am surprised he's been out of work so long though.

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

I can't see DC having much fondness for being called a c@@t in front of a dozen members of the staff.

The bawling out type of manager seems to be out of vogue at the moment. There's got to be a place for emotional managers losing it with underperforming overpaid players but you have to know how to pick your time and place, it's like swearing do it all the time and it has no effect .

I am surprised he's been out of work so long though.

On the flip side I can't see DC interfering with on field football matters in the first place. Had DC been chairman at the time the situation would probably never have arose.