Abdi

At the moment he really seems to lack confidence and looks like he doesn't want the ball. Never seen a midfielder so intent on giving the ball to someone (anyone) else. 

Which is why....he needs to start for a few games in place of Bannan

Then we will see what he's all about.

He has the ability to raise our standard to another level if he is given a sustained run in the team. 

Edited by Beholder

Just now, Beholder said:

At the moment he really seems to lack confidence and looks like he doesn't want the ball. Never seen a midfielder so intent on giving the ball to someone (anyone) else. 

But he has the ability to raise our standard to another level if he is given a sustained run in the team. 

This^^^^^^^

Just now, BC1867 said:

Came on and played in a similar way to bannan. He is a true custodian of the ball though. Looking forward to him playing centrally for a few games as bannan needs a rest.

Not sure he did though.

Whereas Bannan wants the ball more often than not finds a forward pass, Abdi seems the opposite.

I'd agree they play the same role though, which is why it's Bannan who needs to make way for him.

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, sjaowl said:

Anyone notice his ding dong with westwood five mins after coming on?

Awful ball from Westwood,what we need to realise is Abdi will not play like BB,he looks for the killer ball.he won`t cover half of what BB does, this isn` a dig but as fans we have to understand, he will hopefully bring a new dimension to the team which to be honest is needed, he`s still very nervy but he needs to buy into CC`s way of playing or he`ll become another Lewis Mcgugan.

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:
8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He has the ability to raise our standard to another level if he is given a sustained run in the team. 

I didn't see it like that at all mate. I thought Abdi played well today.....sure he played a lot of short passes but always seeking the return. I don't think that I saw him give the ball away once. I'd like him to get a run in the side instead of BB who for me hasn't hit the same level as last year by some margin......

3 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

I didn't see it like that at all mate. I thought Abdi played well today.....sure he played a lot of short passes but always seeking the return. I don't think that I saw him give the ball away once. I'd like him to get a run in the side instead of BB who for me hasn't hit the same level as last year by some margin......

i'd like to see abdi FORCE his way into the side, i didn't see that today...

bannon wasn't good, he wasn't even average today, but...

he tried, i didn't think abdi looked like a bloke trying to make things happen, and trying to force his way into the side...

he didn't look to drive us forward...

FOR ME, WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER 'SIDEWAYS PASSER' IN THE SIDE...

Watched him closely today, doesn't seem confident (hope he IS bothered).

It's no good playing in 10yd triangles, especially when no one is in the middle from the opposition.

Moved a bit better off the ball than I've given him credit for but I wish he could change pace, and show a bit of aggression when we didn't have the ball.

My be more valuable when we are winning, than losing.

(thought their 11- Osbourn closed down well !!)

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

i'd like to see abdi FORCE his way into the side, i didn't see that today...

bannon wasn't good, he wasn't even average today, but...

he tried, i didn't think abdi looked like a bloke trying to make things happen, and trying to force his way into the side...

he didn't look to drive us forward...

FOR ME, WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER 'SIDEWAYS PASSER' IN THE SIDE...

Fair do's. Know what you mean....found meself wanting him to be more ambitious at times. Dint come with that sort of reputation tho and would like to see him get his chance. On his day BB is brilliant but been nowhere near his best of late..