• 2nd
    • Play off winner
    • Play off loser
    • Play off semi-finals
    • 7th-10th
    • 11th-15th
    • 16th-21st
    • Relegated

Second behind Norwich, cant see Newcastle or Villa doing anything other than self imploding.

Play Offs

Derby

Brighton

Bristol City

Wolves

If you think Newcastle won't be In the top six you must be sniffing something . Them and Norwich will be very strong as will Brighton . Wolves have no money and won't be anywhere near

Champions

Who, at the start of last season thought that we would have ended up at Wembley in the play-off Final????? (Be honest ) not me for one, but I eat humble pie for being a doubter.

The Championship is by far the most difficult league to go up from, but the easiest to drop from, (we know that, ask Wigan, Wolves etc. who both went into free fall).

If Newcastle & Villa think they are going to walk this league, then thats a bonus for us as we know from experience everyone can beat everyone else.

Yes we need a few tweeks, but we must keep the foundation of the squad. I wasnt in favour of squad rotation, but looking at the bigger picture, we were still fresh at the end of the season.

Personally, from being on the Kop, back in the late 70's (with no roof)  :ohmy:  this squad rates with the 90's squads. Some will disagree I know, but Im not trying to cause a blog war.

Have Faith, Keep the faith, WAWAW.

I work with a villa fan and I asked him to take a wager with me, £50.00 each for the 2 games , H & A and £50.00 for us finishing above them, he gracefully declined and said he would wait until the first 5 games are over. :biggrin:  so I would say that they are not to confident.

Norwich

Derby (cos of Pearson)

Us

Brighton

Brentford/ Newcastle/ Wigan/ Brizzle

Am hoping that the "scalp" this year will be Barcodes and that every team puts 10% extra

into it precisely because Rafa, a European championship winner, is in the dugout. I'm telling ya pal, Bernabeu to Burton in a calendar year - unbelievable Jeff.

Guest The Horse

Off topic but I've got a sneaky feeling we'll play Brighton on the opening day.
Fixtures often put a long distance trip on for the first one and the they do seem to like to make it as interesting as possible.

I think next season is going to be very difficult to even get into the playoffs, unless we spend big, the teams in and around the top 6 will be spending id have thought eg, Ipswich, Cardiff, Preston, Brighton, I think wolves will be a surprise package too, obviously villa, Newcastle and Norwich. 

Guest Socotra
4 hours ago, Wally1990 said:

I think next season is going to be very difficult to even get into the playoffs, unless we spend big, the teams in and around the top 6 will be spending id have thought eg, Ipswich, Cardiff, Preston, Brighton, I think wolves will be a surprise package too, obviously villa, Newcastle and Norwich. 

I think next season will be the toughest in the history of the Championship, taking into account the teams coming down from the Premiership and the money that's going to be thrown about.

5 hours ago, Wally1990 said:

Not to sure with the assessment , I suspect the top six will be the three relegated teams Derby , Brighton and ourselves with Forest in the mix if Thier strikers are fit. Wolves no longer have parachute payments so may sell players , Cardiff are aging with a crackpot chairmen same as Leeds . 

Getting promoted will be tough though unless we spend wisely and stop throwing silly points away.

Wolves aren't going to spend big. They haven't really done so since Steve Morgan bought the club, and certainly won't while it's for sale.

If anything, they're ripe for raiding for their best players.

If we spend wisely and get the right players in, then I believe we'll have a similar season and get in the play-offs.

To do anything more will take some mighty financial clout, or we'll need to build the right team spirit and mentality to do a Leicester and go up without spending millions - which has been done before.

A key part to our success last season was that there was no expectation, so I hope we don't buckle under the weight of exception next season because there will be 10-15 clubs with similar ambitions as ourselves.