to all those who say you can't get atmosphere in a new build ground

Opened in 97 pal, just makes u laugh on here when u suggest a new ground and people jump on your back with comments like

'What? And sell our souls to the devil'

'another identikit stadium'

'no atmosphere in a soulless bowl'

They're that far ahead of us its frightening. Hope they go up premiership club in waiting IMO.

Some of our fans still haven't come out of the 80's

Opened in 97 pal, just makes u laugh on here when u suggest a new ground and people jump on your back with comments like

They're that far ahead of us its frightening. Hope they go up premiership club in waiting IMO.

Its actually a decent away ground and good atmosphere. I went to the Macron earlier this season (formerly the Reebok) and that place was dead. I guess Bolton and Derby were different ends of the league so that made a difference.

This stigma surrounding Hillsborough will remain until we eventually do move.

Edited by Babushka1867

Yea..All these "New Grounds" are bouncin' like f.ook when they have a decent team....but its the ground that makes it....

Man u have done ok with an old ground. Just cos it's worked for derby doesn't mean it's right for everyone. And to be fair derby have spent much of the last 18 years in the second tier. Today's atmosphere may have been good,it should be there was 5 goals, a sending off and Derby went top, but go to donny, Coventry, etc. I'm not saying they never work but for every success there's a failure.

Derby have done well to embrace their success this year by changing where the away fans are allocated.

In previous years we'd have been given 6,000 behind the goal and sold the lot. They've now shoved the away fans in the corner and stuck their most vocal fans behind the goal and next to the away end.

Their fans have also made what seems like a conscious effort to do their bit as well. A bit like Palace only nowhere near as plastic and Mickey Mouse.

A combination of elements that we can't match right now.

Derby have done well to embrace their success this year by changing where the away fans are allocated.

In previous years we'd have been given 6,000 behind the goal and sold the lot. They've now shoved the away fans in the corner and stuck their most vocal fans behind the goal and next to the away end.

Their fans have also made what seems like a conscious effort to do their bit as well. A bit like Palace only nowhere near as plastic and Mickey Mouse.

A combination of elements that we can't match right now.

This.

It has little to do with the stadium.

If we were top of the league we'd be near filling Hillsborough. 

Behave yourself. It is always, always named as one of the 'flat pack / soulless' etc grounds.

Did you go? I would suggest more of an atmosphere there today than there is currently at Hillsborough. 

Like others have said before, it's nothing to do with the stadium, more to do with the entertainment!!

Edited by Babushka1867

This.

It has little to do with the stadium.

If we were top of the league we'd be near filling Hillsborough.

No we wouldn't lol when have you seen us regularly seen us fill hillsborough? Your dreaming mate,

Was nice to see they have a home standing section aswell, something I'd like us to try and the lower lepps lane stand for people that want to sing and shout.

No we wouldn't lol when have you seen us regularly seen us fill hillsborough? Your dreaming mate,

Was nice to see they have a home standing section aswell, something I'd like us to try and the lower lepps lane stand for people that want to sing and shout.

There is more chance of us selling out for 500000000 consecutive games than a home standing area in the lower lepp.

There's nothing Derby did today that can't be repeated at Hillsborough.

They've put the legwork in to improve their atmosphere and we can do the same.

It's something I'd like to see us as supporters do over the summer. Mobilise, organise, get in proper open dialogue with the club and with the band and actually get something sorted.