How many points are referees going to cost us?

Cos we're the only team in the league that has poo poo decisions agianst them.

I'm sure any one of the other teams in the league could compile a list of similar incidents that have happend.

Refs are shuffle. Get over it

People are saying every team have decisions which they disagree with. This, of course, is true.  However, look at the facts. We have gone 27 league games without a penalty.  I doubt if ANY other team in the whole 92 has gone that long. People also say we don't get into the penalty area. Well, Lee and Maguire were definitely in the area.  And in our promotion season we got 93 points, we MUST have been in the area a lot yet we got 2 penalties all season.  And, it doesn't matter if we play crap and can't score, if its a penalty it's a penalty.  We're not "relying on refs decisions", the law states a foul in the box is a penalty and I simply do not believe that in the last 27 games not one foul has been committed against a Wednesday player in the box.

I love how you always get the same people arguing AGAINST Wednesday.

We don't expect every big call to go for us, yet it is getting ridiculous how often penalty decisions go against us. What's the score on penalties given this season something like 7-0 against us ? Yet we have no end of really strong appeals that are never given

I watched FL show on Saturday night and as ever there were a host of bizarre soft penalties...black bum v weeds was a disgrace, alf diving against reading etc etc

Then you get that cheating tailface piggy Doyle, who went down like he'd been shot to get the Oldham player sent off ( how proud he must be knowing he conned the ref to get a fellow player sent off )

All we ask is even decisions

I love how you always get the same people arguing AGAINST Wednesday.

We don't expect every big call to go for us, yet it is getting ridiculous how often penalty decisions go against us. What's the score on penalties given this season something like 7-0 against us ? Yet we have no end of really strong appeals that are never given

I watched FL show on Saturday night and as ever there were a host of bizarre soft penalties...black bum v weeds was a disgrace, alf diving against reading etc etc

Then you get that cheating tailface piggy Doyle, who went down like he'd been shot to get the Oldham player sent off ( how proud he must be knowing he conned the ref to get a fellow player sent off )

All we ask is even decisions

this.

the people that think it has been as bad for most other teams are the same people who love it when were doing rubbish. 

edit: recently had good penalty appeals vs charlton/millers & hudders - 3 drawn games, no one can tell me none of them were penaltys. 

Edited by GY-owl.4

There's no disputing that our performance today wasn't good enough, but if the referee had given what looked like a clear penalty for the foul on Lee, then we'd have the 3 points, deserved or not. When you're on the kind of run we're on, you sometimes need that rub of the green to help you get back on track, but unfortunately our luck has been out for some time now.

I also can't help but think that it's contributed to the erosion of confidence we've witnessed: if crucial decisions had gone our way in previous games, we'd have picked up more points and would be further up the table, allowing us to relax a bit more rather than tensing up and trying to force the issue as we seem to be doing at the moment.

When you consider some of the crucial decisions that have gone against us this season, such as:

• Antonio's foul on Palmer being ignored in the lead up to their goal;
  • May's goal against Bolton being harshly ruled out;
  • Ipswich's handball in the lead up to their equaliser being ignored;
  • Watford's offside opener being allowed to stand;
  • Charlton's foul on Nuhiu in the box being ignored;
  • Rotherham's foul in Lee in the box being overlooked;

we could be anything up to 14 points better off! Now I'm not saying that I'd expect all of these decisions to have gone our way, but I certainly wouldn't expect them all to have gone against us, either.

I suppose all teams will have similar hard luck stories, but we haven't been on the 'right' side of many that I can think of so far this season. When you consider the marginal decisions that our opponents have benefitted from, such as the two penalties Middlesborough were awarded against us, or the Drenthe red card which helped Bournemouth on their way to victory, you have to wonder when the decisions are going to start going our way so that we might reach the equilibrium we're lead to believe tends to be achieved over the course of a season.

If our only hope of scoring a goal is the ref giving us a penalty we really are in the s h i t e

If our only hope of scoring a goal is the ref giving us a penalty we really are in the s h i t e

It would certainly help break us out of our current rut if the refs would give us penalties when we've been fouled in the box. All we're asking is for the rules to be applied evenly. How we've not got ANY of the decisions baffles me when you see the decisions that are given up and down the country week after week.

That is not really the point though mate.

The City game has hit them all hard by the looks of it (i don't really like saying this to be honest, but they should feel embarrassed, then have a laugh about it, be determined to put their game together and move on, is what should happen).

But we didn't, the pressure mounted and we are really struggling.

But if the first penalty had been given, and it resulted in a win, the pressure will have been a bit less.

It could have perked them up, they could all have been thinking their luck had changed, and start playing like we were at the season's start, then maybe the goals would have come from open play again.

It would certainly help break us out of our current rut if the refs would give us penalties when we've been fouled in the box. All we're asking is for the rules to be applied evenly. How we've not got ANY of the decisions baffles me when you see the decisions that are given up and down the country week after week.

every team dosnt get penalties they should,and every team concede penalties that never are . it aint just us so you must also  be able to score goals from open play ,so when a decision goes against you there is a chance you can still win the game.

every team dosnt get penalties they should,and every team concede penalties that never are . it aint just us so you must also  be able to score goals from open play ,so when a decision goes against you there is a chance you can still win the game.

so on that basis every team should get the odd soft penalty too? like the joke ones from this weekend for starters (B'burn etc)

we aint had ONE......ONE, 1, uno...... we havent had a lucky one, a deserved one (or 6)

and as for the pens against us - no way were the 2 v boro or the 1 v millwall as clear cut as lots of our shouts,

every team! .....the facts dont seem to back that up.

so on that basis every team should get the odd soft penalty too? like the joke ones from this weekend for starters (B'burn etc)

we aint had ONE......ONE, 1, uno...... we havent had a lucky one, a deserved one (or 6)

and as for the pens against us - no way were the 2 v boro or the 1 v millwall as clear cut as lots of our shouts,

every team! .....the facts dont seem to back that up.

yep my sentiments exactly.

Was thinking a couple of days ago, how many soft decisions have gone our way this season, I can't think of any,

Of course we should be scoring goals from open play, but since we're struggling badly in this respect at the moment, it's even more important that we get the rub of the green to help snap us out of our malaise. As MAL said above, if the first penalty decision had been correctly awarded and we'd won the Charlton match for example, then the pressure would have lifted in subsequent games and we may have relaxed more rather than snatching at chances as we haven't won in so long.

Yes, every team will suffer from poor refereeing at some point, but that doesn't mean the run we're on at the moment where we're losing points almost every week due to referees bottling the kind of decisions you see being made every single week up and down the country, is OK.

Of course we should be scoring goals from open play, but since we're struggling badly in this respect at the moment, it's even more important that we get the rub of the green to help snap us out of our malaise. As MAL said above, if the first penalty decision had been correctly awarded and we'd won the Charlton match for example, then the pressure would have lifted in subsequent games and we may have relaxed more rather than snatching at chances as we haven't won in so long.

Yes, every team will suffer from poor refereeing at some point, but that doesn't mean the run we're on at the moment where we're losing points almost every week due to referees bottling the kind of decisions you see being made every single week up and down the country, is OK.

Yep fully agree with that,.

Has I would say back when DJ was in charge and he used to blame referees after every game and blame everyone and everything except for himself, you make your own luck. Every team gets decisions go against them now and again, luck and form comes and goes, but instead of rueing our luck or blaming refs, our team should make their own luck, it should drive them on in a way. If they played better and didn't dwell on mistakes or referee decisions, and sodding scored and gave their all, then decisions for or against us wouldn't even matter.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

You make your own luck

No you don't. That's why it's called luck. 

Sorry, but this phrase really wee wees me off. It tends to be people that have a decent amount of luck that use this phrase.

By all means I agree that if you work hard and do the right things that opportunities have a greater chance of finding you, but that's not luck. That's hard work.

No you don't. That's why it's called luck.

Sorry, but this phrase really wee wees me off. It tends to be people that have a decent amount of luck that use this phrase.

By all means I agree that if you work hard and do the right things that opportunities have a greater chance of finding you, but that's not luck. That's hard work.

Maybe you're right but in my opinion football isn't just down to luck and referee decisions. Teams can still win games and turn things around when things seem like they are going against them and even when decisions go against them. I find it pathetic and embarassing when the likes of DJ and Gray constantly blame referees and our luck. I'm sorry but I ain't buying it, our problems lie much deeper than that on and off the pitch, for it to be just a simple case of rotten luck or bad refereeing as to why we can't score or win.