How many points are referees going to cost us?

In answer to OP. Focussing on referees decisions and what it may or may not have cost us is an irrelevance.

A folly and a cul-de-sac of thought, it is the kind of thinking that managers use when their job is on the line i.e. Anyone but themselves are responsible.

We should score more goals and not be reliant on the referee.

United ALWAYS used to blame the ref, we didnt, we used to get our heads down and make our own opportunities.

Every game decisions go for and against you. Yes a refereeing decision could be the difference but we still had that chance when Drenthe was one on one.

Just dont like the way we blame the ref, score your own goals and then whatever happens in the game is in your control 

Maybe you're right but in my opinion football isn't just down to luck and referee decisions. Teams can still win games and turn things around when things seem like they are going against them and even when decisions go against them. I find it pathetic and embarassing when the likes of DJ and Gray constantly blame referees and our luck. I'm sorry but I ain't buying it, our problems lie much deeper than that on and off the pitch, for it to be just a simple case of rotten luck or bad refereeing as to why we can't score or win.

I agree with you in principle. However, as good as all our games in the league so far this season have been incredibly tight affairs. These poor refereeing decissions are the difference between wins and draws, and losses and draws. 

I think we have every right to berate the refs for their poor judgement when that judgement could be the difference between one point and three. 

I agree with you in principle. However, as good as all our games in the league so far this season have been incredibly tight affairs. These poor refereeing decissions are the difference between wins and draws, and losses and draws.

I think we have every right to berate the refs for their poor judgement when that judgement could be the difference between one point and three.

Aye, so many have our games have been tight this season. But we could've still won some of them or scored more if our strikers had taken their chances that they missed or our players had made the right decision or made a better pass whilst going forward in those tight games. Despite the tightness of a lot of our games and with or without refereeing decisions we could've still scored more or won more points if we had taken our own chances and opportunities in some of those games. If we had taken them then the referee decisions wouldn't have mattered cos we would've won more games or got more points.

Aye, so many have our games have been tight this season. But we could've still won some of them or scored more if our strikers had taken their chances that they missed or our players had made the right decision or made a better pass whilst going forward in those tight games. Despite the tightness of a lot of our games and with or without refereeing decisions we could've still scored more or won more points if we had taken our own chances and opportunities in some of those games. If we had taken them then the referee decisions wouldn't have mattered cos we would've won more games or got more points.

All ifs and buts regarding the team. The opposition probably has their ifs or buts aswell. If only the Hudders striker had chipped Westwood. If only he was quicker shooting before Lees turned up. If only Westwood hadn't saved the penalty or made any of his world class saves. But what the opposition don't have is inept refereeing decisions continuously.

We can sit here and say we missed this chance and that chance, and yes, it's an aspect that needs improving. But this thread was set up in order to converse the poor refereeing decissions, which few would argue is correct.

All ifs and buts regarding the team. The opposition probably has their ifs or buts aswell. If only the Hudders striker had chipped Westwood. If only he was quicker shooting before Lees turned up. If only Westwood hadn't saved the penalty or made any of his world class saves. But what the opposition don't have is inept refereeing decisions continuously.

We can sit here and say we missed this chance and that chance, and yes, it's an aspect that needs improving. But this thread was set up in order to converse the poor refereeing decissions, which few would argue is correct.

BUT... Drenthe could easily have been sent off

They had an offside call when through on goal which was clearly onside

swings and roundabouts and what makes the game so "enjoyable"

BUT... Drenthe could easily have been sent off

They had an offside call when through on goal which was clearly onside

swings and roundabouts and what makes the game so "enjoyable"

May could have not been booked for nothing. Drenthe being sent off could have lit the fire in our arses earlier. Westwood could have saved the result from the offside anyway.

As I said, it's all ifs and buts regarding the team, but this is a thread about the refs.

May could have not been booked for nothing. Drenthe being sent off could have lit the fire in our arses earlier. Westwood could have saved the result from the offside anyway.

As I said, it's all ifs and buts regarding the team, but this is a thread about the refs.

...we could have missed the pen