First 5 Games

God whats the matter with some of you  :duntmatter:  I hope the players aren't paying any attention.

There's no reason we can't get a couple of wins out of the first five matches which would give us 6 points, we could also get a draw or two?

Our club my be potentially Massive but we seem to already have some Massive pessimists in our fan base, gloom and doom abounds  :ghoulguy:  :ghoulguy:  :ghoulguy:  :ghoulguy:  :ghoulguy:

Guest JonTheOwl66

God whats the matter with some of you :duntmatter: I hope the players aren't paying any attention.

There's no reason we can't get a couple of wins out of the first five matches which would give us 6 points, we could also get a draw or two?

Our club my be potentially MASSIVE but we seem to already have some MASSIVE pessimists in our fan base, gloom and doom abounds :ghoulguy::ghoulguy::ghoulguy::ghoulguy::ghoulguy:

The playing squad is garbage. This is compiled with numerous injuries.

The backroom is in absolute disarray.

There's nothing really to be positive about. Not a case of being a pessimist, just people are being realistic.

Our start is excruciatingly difficult too. If we win a game I'll be surprised with our current squad.

The playing squad is garbage. This is compiled with numerous injuries.

The backroom is in absolute disarray.

There's nothing really to be positive about. Not a case of being a pessimist, just people are being realistic.

Our start is excruciatingly difficult too. If we win a game I'll be surprised with our current squad.

I dont agree the squad is garbage but I realise we do have some problems, but going into a new season so negatively, I just don't understand, if we have only a couple of points after the fist 5 or 6 games I could understand it more.

Surely the "joy" of supporting a club is partly down to believing the "impossible" may happen?

We all know a club at the bottom of the division can beat the league leaders, Its football, we need a little bit of belief until the money (hopefully) comes in from Big Mamma.

I realise I am a glass half full guy when it comes to Wednesday but I really can't see us finishing the first 5 games with less than 5 points, and lets face it anything will be an improvement on the beginning of last season  :duntmatter:

We will see but I hope some on here are big enough to admit they were wrong.

Edited by Spookone

So you basically want us to be the crap team that occasionally gets a good result?

You say some extremely strange things at times JTO, where/how do you get that from my post  :ghoulguy:

I am merely pointing out that even with our current squad it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we can get 5 points plus in the first 5 matches, and I would prefer to take a positive perspective at the beginning of a new season.

So explain to me again where you get "So you basically want us to be the crap team that occasionally gets a good result?"... doh!

Guest JonTheOwl66

We all know a club at the bottom of the division can beat the league leaders, Its football, we need a little bit of belief until the money (hopefully) comes in from Big Mamma.

Erm but I wasn't saying we are or will be at the bottom of the division, in fact I think the opposite, it was merely trying to make a point that no matter how poor some fans think our chances are, we could still pull a few results out of the hat.  :ghoulguy:

Edited by Spookone

If we're going with what we have, I fear......we're all dooooomed a tell thi.

Brighton - Lose 3-1
Derby - Lose 2-0
Millwall - Draw 1-1
Middlesborough - Lose 2-1
Forest - Lose - 4-1

Edited by paddyowl

Brighton's a tough but winnable game. Millwall's obviously the most winnable on paper. I can see us getting a draw out of 1 of the others. Possibly 5-7 points for me, if we manage to start our best 11 in all 5. Hopefully the takeover will go through sooner rather than later and we can add more quality and depth before playing too many games takes its toll on a clearly depleted overall squad.

I think these first 5 games are very important in terms of establishing how we will go about our season.  if we struggle to get any points/wins then, it could be another relegation battle for the following months.  

It would be nice to get off to a good start despite current circumstances.  And playing 6 games which includes the league cup in 21 days will be asking a lot from the manager and players. 

fist 10 games are free its after that we need to switch on, look at derby last year they were 15th at 1 point and i honestly thought they may drop abit more, palace year before lost their first 4-5 games until they had that run of form.

with us i always think we can do it but after a bad start but our good run of form comes to late to be able to get into the top ten. if we can keep ot together abit longer then who knows. very inconsistant at times