Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I believe he is Albania / Austrian

I think Phristina is the capital of Kosovo, (though that was part of Yugoslavia when Atdhe was born, thanks Reading) and my understanding was also that he identified as Albanian (Kosoavar Albanian perhaps). Also, as i understand it Kosovo isn't universally recognised as a separate country yet.

I believe he is Albanian / Austrian

Sure when he joined he had represented Austria U21 but said his dream was to play for Albania

Yes, I wonder if he moved to Austria as a child? It appears he doesn't have an Albanian passport but has desires to get one and play for the Senior Albanian side.

He has only represented Austria at under 21 - back in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atdhe_Nuhiu

It all depends on how much we want to push on.

People are banging on about his goals return - but three of them have been knocked in this past week.

A week ago - there was no mention about how good his record supposedly was. What if he scores another five goals in these remaining games?

The reality is he has been extremely poor for pretty much the entire season.

We need better. Much better.

Of course we need better if we're going to get to the premier league. That is abundantly obvious.

However, it's also obvious that we don't have any money to spend on transfer fees (as I said, look out our incomings / outgoings over the past 18 months), and aren't competitive in terms of wages with at least half the clubs in the championship (apart from the odd loan signing).

People need to be realistic. What's the point of building up expectations that we might be able to sign a 20+ goal a season man, just to be let down and for people to get pissed off with Mandaric, Aldridge and Gray? Completely counter productive.

We'd be much better off getting behind the lads who have played a key part in us becoming a pretty competitive championship team since Gray took over and building from there (by adding a few freebies and supplementing them with loan players as and when needed throughout the season - as we have seen both this and last season, that's the only way we can get real quality into our side). Nuhiu is a prime candidate for being in that category. He definitely needs to improve, and as Gray has said, they both recognise that. With a proper pre-season under his belt, I think he has the potential to score 12 goals for us next season and, more importantly, play a really key role as part of our TEAM.

It all depends on how much we want to push on.

People are banging on about his goals return - but three of them have been knocked in this past week.

A week ago - there was no mention about how good his record supposedly was. What if he scores another five goals in these remaining games?

The reality is he has been extremely poor for pretty much the entire season.

We need better. Much better.

Of course we need better if we're going to get to the premier league. That is abundantly obvious.

However, it's also obvious that we don't have any money to spend on transfer fees (as I said, look out our incomings / outgoings over the past 18 months), and aren't competitive in terms of wages with at least half the clubs in the championship (apart from the odd loan signing).

People need to be realistic. What's the point of building up expectations that we might be able to sign a 20+ goal a season man, just to be let down and for people to get pissed off with Mandaric, Aldridge and Gray? Completely counter productive.

We'd be much better off getting behind the lads who have played a key part in us becoming a pretty competitive championship team since Gray took over and building from there (by adding a few freebies and supplementing them with loan players as and when needed throughout the season - as we have seen both this and last season, that's the only way we can get real quality into our side). Nuhiu is a prime candidate for being in that category. He definitely needs to improve, and as Gray has said, they both recognise that. With a proper pre-season under his belt, I think he has the potential to score 12 goals for us next season and, more importantly, play a really key role as part of our TEAM.

Jon, for god's sakes get real!. Big Dave is never going to be the new David Hirst, but he contributes a lot.

He works hard, brings his team mates into the game and has surprisingly good control at times for a man his size. I'm sure his goals will come, his shooting is half decent, although both he and SG have admitted that they are working on his heading in front of goal.

Obviously we need striker who score more if we want to get to the Premier League.

But we need a pack of striker with different attributes, who can offer the side other things, which allow us to play different tactics, styles, formations, partnerships etc. to suit opposition and different match situations.

We're not going to afford 4 top quality strikers, we have all on affording one.

But for the money Nuhiu costs us and the attributes he brings to the side, he is a good player to have in a pack of striker that could challenge for a play off spot next season.

Imagine a pack of strikers such as...

Fryatt

Best

Nuhiu

Lavery

Madine

Now, i'm not saying that's going to happen (I don't know our budget), but that is a pack of strikers, with differing qualities that would create and score enough chances to have us potentially challenging for play offs, if the rest of the side is improved too.

Nuhiu is a very decent player for this level.

Obviously we need striker who score more if we want to get to the Premier League.

But we need a pack of striker with different attributes, who can offer the side other things, which allow us to play different tactics, styles, formations, partnerships etc. to suit opposition and different match situations.

But for the money Nuhiu costs us and the attributes he brings to the side, he is a good player to have in a pack of striker that could challenge for a play off spot next season.

Fryatt

Best

Nuhiu

Lavery

Madine

Now, i'm not saying that's going to happen (I don't know our budget), but that is a pack of strikers, with differing qualities that would create and score enough chances to have us potentially challenging for play offs, if the rest of the side is improved too.

Can't stop agreeing with you...

Fancy a shag?

Fryatt

Best

Nuhiu

Lavery

Madine

Gonna rule Best out of the equation, I just can't see it. But say we do sign Fryatt and I'd estimate him getting 15'ish?

Nuhiu gets himself another 7 or 8?

Lavery will be more involved, he's got 4 so far so I can see him hitting 10 next season.

Madine, god knows. More than capable of scoring 10+ I'd say, but it all depends on his attitude.

Then Antonio's always good for a few goals, Maguire's going to get 10 before the season is out I reckon so next season he'll be aiming for even more. Buxton's found a scoring touch, Mattock likes a shot from distance, Palmer is bound to gain more confidence once he gets one. We've got goals all over the pitch. 

All hypothetical of course, we don't know what the season will bring. 

The whole point is that we DON'T need a 20 goal a season striker. We need a striker to score on a more consistent basis.

I mean, McCormack's nearly scored 30 for Leeds, yet they're below us with -8 goal difference. They are literally a one man team. Without his goals they'd be god knows where.

We're not as far away as people think. A forward line of Madine, Lavery, Nuhiu & Fryatt/Someone else should be fine for next season. We've shown this season that our team has goals in it. Even without Saint Connor Wickham we've managed just fine.

The issue we have is a consistently solid defence. We've not got bad defenders, but our centre backs are ALL injury prone apart from Llera who is not good enough. That coupled with a weird season injury wise for Buxton plus having to continually alternate left backs has left us looking uneasy. Injuries have seriously hindered us this season.

Edited by FlyingOwl