Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

It does smell of Dave Jones and his short term thinking. Weren't we warned that he just likes to sign lots of players and hope something sticks.

Long term it looks a very poor decision. We now have Nuhiu who is a vastly inferior model, we don't have any of the loan strikers COGs fee was used for. And COG has proved he will thrive in a team playing football rather than just hoofing it like we did under Jones.

The whole post is pure bull but the bit highlighted especially so.

There's nothing wrong with a difference of opinion. I think it comes down to how those differences are physically expressed.

Some might feel that certain criticisms go too far, and Nuhiu is a prime example with the regular verbal abuse he received earlier in the season. Not just on here, but during games too.

Must admit, I also don't like it when Mr Farrell expresses his views through ballet.

Said from day one that we have a class striker on our hands. Doubt he'll ever be 'prolific' (though you never know) but his all round game play gives us so much more of an edge. He's not like Zigic at Birmingham who is just their for his height and offers nothing else...

Like Gray said, he didn't have a proper preseason with us. Wasn't his first game in our final friendly vs Chesterfield, only a week before the official season started?

Given that he was shoved into English football, scored on his full debut and tried his best up front in a shambolic Dave Jones side...he's had a good season.

I think he'll be a MASSIVE player for us next season, for now I'll just be chuffed if he reaches 10 goals.

Regardless of what others think, here's to YOU Atdhe Nuhiu

Jesus loves you more than you will know, wo, w/o, wo.

a_560x375.jpg

Guest Fedor

The whole post is pure bull but the bit highlighted especially so.

Wow Beholders back. Still defending dour Dave too. You were wrong about Jones, Stuart is making him look poor by comparison. Let it go and move on for your own sanity.

Wow Beholders back. Still defending dour Dave too. You were wrong about Jones, Stuart is making him look poor by comparison. Let it go and move on for your own sanity.

Atde Nuhiu is clearly not 'vastly inferior' to COG. You saying that is an example of how you contort things to fit an argument.

In my opinion Nuhiu is the better player, and he will be even better next season.

Guest Big Guns

Atde Nuhiu is clearly not 'vastly inferior' to COG. You saying that is an example of how you contort things to fit an argument.

In my opinion Nuhiu is the better player, and he will be even better next season.

Yep I think it could be a big season for nuhiu next season looks like he's finding his feet but we need two quality strikers in as well

Guest Fedor

I'm a contortionist now am I ? lol

COG is better than Nuhiu at every assett of the game.

You will be following the flock on here no doubt with such crazy notions as " we're a better team when Athde plays".

IMO Nuhiu will prove to be a better player than some supporters think. COG has already done that.

I am certain that it was a mistake freezing COG out but Nuhiu is the man now and I am optimistic about him for next season.

I'm a Nuhui fan but I keep reading posts that say we don't need a 20 goal a season striker because he have goals all over the pitch. I agree we score from lots of positions with centre midfielders excluded but if you take into account Fryatt, Wickham and best have played 33 games combined (some being subs) and have scored 17 goals. We have basically had that 20 a season striker. With the exception of Fryatt and Wickham playing the odd game together they have all played on their own or win someone else so it's reasonable to put their stats together to illustrate we have had a 20+ a season forward and we need to replace this next season

A lot of posters on here made their mind up on Nuhiu in the first few games where he was just finding his feet in this league...fortunately there are enough posters on here who recognize a footballer and we saw glimpses of what he brings to the team...SG obviously did or he wouldn't be playing him...it's just a shame that the posters who were castigating him can't backtrack cos' they feel it makes them look stupid ( or in Fedors case stupider ). I think he will have a good season next season as he seems to have adjusted to this league...if we can get pace all around him and a couple of proven goalscorers we will have a great season

Nuhiu has better technical ability than COG, while also offering the same work rate and desire as O'Grady did. 

Although, not quite as good as COG at holding the ball up and shielding it, it's still a positive area of Nuhiu's game. He plays the link man very well, just as O'Grady did before.

Nuhiu goalscoring is the area that needs most work, but next year that will improve. As we've already seen his performances are improving as the season goes on and he's finding himself in more goal scoring positions. 

O'Grady isn't a prolific goal scorer and never will be at this level, Nuhiu probably won't be either. But he can definitely score just as many next season as COG has done this season.

I'd prefer Nuhiu playing this team, with how it plays now than have O'Grady in the team instead. Nuhiu's ability on the floor (which is better than COG) suits us far more.

There's no question Nuhiu is a good player technically. You can see that from his little touches of skill and control.

He's been in good form recently, he brought the best out of Connor Wickham - and this is his first season in English football.

Just let the guy play his football. No point in slating him.

Guest Fedor

A lot of posters on here made their mind up on Nuhiu in the first few games where he was just finding his feet in this league...fortunately there are enough posters on here who recognize a footballer and we saw glimpses of what he brings to the team...SG obviously did or he wouldn't be playing him...it's just a shame that the posters who were castigating him can't backtrack cos' they feel it makes them look stupid ( or in Fedors case stupider ). I think he will have a good season next season as he seems to have adjusted to this league...if we can get pace all around him and a couple of proven goalscorers we will have a great season

You do realise that Stuart Gray keeps dropping him. He only played against Blackburn because Best was unavailable. Fortunately for him he managed to grab 2 late goals after a poor performance which will keep him in the team for the short term. But long term we both know he's not the answer.

Nuhiu has better technical ability than COG, while also offering the same work rate and desire as O'Grady did. 

Although, not quite as good as COG at holding the ball up and shielding it, it's still a positive area of Nuhiu's game. He plays the link man very well, just as O'Grady did before.

Nuhiu goalscoring is the area that needs most work, but next year that will improve. As we've already seen his performances are improving as the season goes on and he's finding himself in more goal scoring positions. 

O'Grady isn't a prolific goal scorer and never will be at this level, Nuhiu probably won't be either. But he can definitely score just as many next season as COG has done this season.

I'd prefer Nuhiu playing this team, with how it plays now than have O'Grady in the team instead. Nuhiu's ability on the floor (which is better than COG) suits us far more.

To be fair COG has scored 19 in 48 game for Barnsley which is tidy at this level.  COG would have been a real asset for us this season but Nuhiu is younger and learning so my hunch is that he'll go on to be the better player and by some degree. He isn't yet though in my opinion.

Edited by Dagmeister

There's no question Nuhiu is a good player technically. You can see that from his little touches of skill and control.

He's been in good form recently, he brought the best out of Connor Wickham - and this is his first season in English football.

Just let the guy play his football. No point in slating him.

Still learning his trade, will come good IMHO