Madine pre-Boro interview

Guest JakeCoulthard

Guest LeamingtonOwl

He says he is not sure if he is playing Saturday.

Madine is a confidence player. Surely would be good man-management to tell Madine he is starting now and let him prepare.

He says he is not sure if he is playing Saturday.

Madine is a confidence player. Surely would be good man-management to tell Madine he is starting now and let him prepare.

Good idea.

Let our team news come out 2 days early.

Well done

What does he say? (On phone, in London, can't hear it!)

He said something like. "I've been waiting for my chance all season, and last Saturday the gaffer gave me an opportunity from the bench. I didn't realise you're expectedx to work hard for the team and get involved in the game. I know I kept getting beat in the air and roughed up by one of their defenders, but in my defence, he was at least 5' 8" tall, and must've weighed all of 10 stone.I honestly thought it was in the job description that I had to go to ground, every time a  defender looked in my direction, and reckon I did enough to get a game from the start on Saturday. I'll show that Steve Howard, that it isn't a centre forwards job to put defenders under pressure, win balls in the air, and generally contribute to the team performance".

I think that was the gist of it.

Good interview.

One thing that always comes across to me when he speaks is that he's a fighter, and not just in the literal sense. He's audibly frustrated by how this season has gone, but in all the right ways, and when he's always said he wants to stay and fight for his place here I genuinely believe he's always meant it.

I thought it was odd earlier in the season when some seemed to give him a hard time for not taking the easy route out and going on loan.

He said something like. "I've been waiting for my chance all season, and last Saturday the gaffer gave me an opportunity from the bench. I didn't realise you're expectedx to work hard for the team and get involved in the game. I know I kept getting beat in the air and roughed up by one of their defenders, but in my defence, he was at least 5' 8" tall, and must've weighed all of 10 stone.I honestly thought it was in the job description that I had to go to ground, every time a defender looked in my direction, and reckon I did enough to get a game from the start on Saturday. I'll show that Steve Howard, that it isn't a centre forwards job to put defenders under pressure, win balls in the air, and generally contribute to the team performance".

I think that was the gist of it.

He also said that he then ran after ref flapping his arms about like a pansy