On The Grapevine

5 hours ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

It's a consortium linked to GameChangers, the folks who bought Ipswich and have turned us around. Not the same company but I've heard the group heads have taken advice from our people about investment. 

Don't think they'll care whether you're in the Championship or League One tbh. The level of investment will build you into a club capable of managing promotions to the Prem regardless. That's how they'll make their money. 

This is such a left field, rogue interjection, that I'm now gonna blindly believe it

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, trumbullowl said:

There do seem to be a fair few coincidences cropping up:

- DC had no money, hence dirt cheap Disco and embargo for late tax payment, then suddenly expensive looking Danny and his team of coaches

and no more hints of money running out

- DC hasn't publicly moaned about not being appreciated since then

- Danny makes out of the blue comments about the facilities after our visit to Ipswich

- People in Sheffield and Ipswich hear same rumour about an American consortium linked to their owners being interested in us.

I can convince myself there's something in it!!

If you do not believe in coincidences and the two who indicated they have heard rumour are not making it up. 

Why an Ipswich would post a made up story on this site especially as it links in owners of their club is hard to imagine and he does not seem type to be on a wind up. With it tying in to Owls fan saying reliable source told him it does give an indication something is happening.

I have found the change in behaviour of club that happened when Röhl was appointed is hard to fathom. DC was not his usual at initial Röhl press conference. Since then someone has certainly been intervening to stop blunders occurring and changing decisions which had been made. 
No explanations have been given for changes and why financial crisis was averted and seems to have eased.

It would be interesting to hear source of the German consortium which was mentioned in another thread. Again from a poster who does not go in for announcements. Could this be linked? 

The connections of Röhl to Germany and US are obvious and why he chose the Wednesday venture are not obvious without him being given certain assurances.

The superb support we have has been acknowledged throughout Europe. Pep praised it and this year folks have turned out in numbers to watch a poor team. If we were in top 3, what could you expect? Those with money will have noted this and realise anyone getting it right could have a monster on their hands.

It may all amount to nothing but I do think there is a little hope something may be happening.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

More like Beelzebub knowing our luck.

Who was that random adviser to Club 9 who posted on here . I am sure he was called Joe. Stood to get a big ‘finders fee’ if it all went through.   A real roaster, I remember one testy exchange when he was boasting about his base spec e class like it was a rolls Royce.  

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Who was that random adviser to Club 9 who posted on here . I am sure he was called Joe. Stood to get a big ‘finders fee’ if it all went through.   A real roaster, I remember one testy exchange when he was boasting about his base spec e class like it was a rolls Royce.  

Did it have a personal number plate?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

I think at some point he's going to have to. He clearly doesn't have any money and this can't go on forever.

His ego will stop him selling, DC thinking nobody can do better by us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Why would anyone do this unless it was a secured loan with a high interest rate?  It just isn’t the way things are done.  You are basically keeping a company afloat that isn’t yours- ie madness. 

I don't know. It's just something someone on here said.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's worth noting that someone on here also said 'My eyeballs smell of chicken' once

You mean they don't really smell of chicken! 

Damm it, I actually believed them.lol

• Haha 1