Sunday might not be a must win... even if results go against us!

I know mathematically if we don't get 3 points on Sunday we can still stop up.

But will feel like we will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to do it.

People will point to the Peterborough play off game last season to show its not over until its over but cant relaying on minor miracles.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

So if the results go against us, you're saying it's not really a "must win" even though if we don't win we'd be 4 or 5 points away from safety with only 2 games left?!

Gr8xPv.gif

Yeah, 7 points will do it! 

We can't keep leaving it another week before we decide its a must win.

Must win games started about 3 games ago. 

I believe we are already down, a point against Blackburn and possibly West Brom (if they are confirmed playoffs) and that's your lot.

Blackburn = Draw

West Brom = Draw (lose if they arent in play offs)

Sunderland = Lose

2 points maximum, I would absolutely love to be wrong obviously and pray I am! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get all this, it isn't a must win match

It's defeatist and letting poor results go without being bothered as we are still mathematical able to survive, but yet games are running out and therefore being in a deficit points on safety makes every match must win as far as I am concerned.

Interesting too we aren't having all these last 6 matches form tables, where we were gonna be finishing in 16th etc

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

I don't get all this, it isn't a must win match

It's defeatist and letting poor results go without being bothered as we are still mathematical able to survive, but yet games are running out and therefore being in a deficit points on safety makes every match must win as far as I am concerned.

Interesting too we aren't having all these last 6 matches form tables, where we were gonna be finishing in 16th etc

Good job we didn't throw the towel in against Peterborough in the 2nd leg

10 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

At the end of the day we know what we need to do, 3 wins and we're safe. Unlikely yes but it's more than likely we will need to win on Sunday, especially the teams around us having winnable games

We could win all 3 and we're not guaranteed safety. We're still relying on other teams dropping points even if we do win every game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Here we go again with the literal bollix.

I suggest that you translate that into English if you want anyone to understand it. If you have only started to write English recently then maybe a neighbour could help you. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We could win all 3 and we're not guaranteed safety. We're still relying on other teams dropping points even if we do win every game.

You may not have noticed that remaining matches include some of our opposites playing one another which means that they will drop points...  Hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know mathematically if we don't get 3 points on Sunday we can still stop up.

But will feel like we will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to do it.

People will point to the Peterborough play off game last season to show its not over until its over but cant relaying on minor miracles.

Thank you for the great image of an owl pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

I think the rabbit would be more surprised than we would be by winning 3 games in a row.

Just now, DSandersonOWL said:

You may not have noticed that remaining matches include some of our opposites playing one another which means that they will drop points...  Hope this helps 

Are they really, well I never.

Just stating we're not automatically safe with 3 wins as the OP suggested. It is not in our own hands.... Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Are they really, well I never.

Just stating we're not automatically safe with 3 wins as the OP suggested. It is not in our own hands.... Hope this helps.

You never what ?  You never understand simple things?

We are not very likely to get 3 wins. But if we do, then this would keep us up, as other teams are bound to lose points because they are playing one another.

If you still cannot understand how the league table and relegation works, then you could ask a neighbour's child to explain it.

I think that it is looking like going to the last day then anything could happen... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DSandersonOWL said:

You never what ?  You never understand simple things?

We are not very likely to get 3 wins. But if we do, then this would keep us up, as other teams are bound to lose points because they are playing one another.

If you still cannot understand how the league table and relegation works, then you could ask a neighbour's child to explain it.

I think that it is looking like going to the last day then anything could happen... 

You really are hard work....It's not sinking in with you but I will try one more time.

Yes 3 wins is likely to keep us up but at this moment it doesn't guarantee it. 

There are three games left where our rivals play each other. Stoke v Plymouth (this Saturday), Millwall v Plymouth (Sat 27th),  Huddersfield v Birmingham (Sat 27th). 

Whatever the result is between Stoke v Plymouth this Saturday, IF both then win their remaining 2 matches, we can't finish above either of them, no matter what.

The only scenario where we could go above two teams, if everybody wins all their other matches, is if Huddersfield v Birmingham next week is a draw and we would be certain to finish above both of them, if we win all 3 of our games.

Now if this Saturday, Huddersfield don't beat Swansea at home and by some miracle Birmingham don't win at Rotherham, then we will know that win our 3 games and yes we will stay up. 

So just to repeat, RIGHT NOW we can't say 3 wins and we will definitely stay up. While 53 points is highly likely to keep us up, RIGHT NOW it is not certain to. 

Things will maybe become a little bit clearer after Sunday. Let's win first and hope other results have gone our way, 

Anyway that's me done on this subject now. It's like banging my head against a brick wall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1