Darren Moore

1 hour ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

However saying all that, his final season ended superbly and he galvanised 'most' of the support. For that I will be ever grateful and look back on DM's time here fondly.

This whole thread appears as a delicate ego thread, from both sides.

Move on FFS, DM has.

I think Moore is an adequate manager but, have to agree with this 100%.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, markowl said:

So what was your point?

I responded to a post which said, “Very harsh to suggest it was DM that relegated us. He wasn’t to blame at all.”

Had we beaten Derby we would have stayed up. Had we made tactical adjustments to protect the lead we had in the game against Derby we may have stayed up. Had an unfit Dunkley not been selected he couldn’t have made the mistake against Derby which cost us the  lead. DM was our manager against Derby. Ergo he might carry some of the blame for us not winning the game that saw us relegated?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I responded to a post which said, “Very harsh to suggest it was DM that relegated us. He wasn’t to blame at all.”

Had we beaten Derby we would have stayed up. Had we made tactical adjustments to protect the lead we had in the game against Derby we may have stayed up. Had an unfit Dunkley not been selected he couldn’t have made the mistake against Derby which cost us the  lead. DM was our manager against Derby. Ergo he might carry some of the blame for us not winning the game that saw us relegated?

We got enough points to stay up

It was only Chansiris points deduction that relegated us 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think DM would have got us more points just out of the sheer momentum and feel good factor around the club but he’s demonstrated he probably wouldn’t have been a sound long term choice seeking wages and a contract to reflect that. His football at Huddersfield was similar to what we saw at this level when he arrived, ie not particularly good or clear on what the plan was. Take nothing away from record breaking in L1 though as he got the players really behind him for most of the season and found a simple system that worked.

On the xisco and Röhl thing I think Röhl still had a job in the summer. It’s more galling that xisco was the actual choice as other than seeing promotion on cv it was difficult to see what he wanted to do other than some sound bites lost in translation. A lot was made in the summer about making sure the appointment was right but in the end it couldn’t have been any worse and seemed budget driven despite comments otherwise 

I remember reading somewhere that at the time of his first interview he was still Germany's Assistant Manager and he wanted to carry on with that job whilst managing us. If true I don't blame Chansiri for passing up on employing him then. By the time Röhl applied again he was no longer working for the German national team. 

Ps certainly transfermkt confirms he was still working for the German national team when he first applied and had left when he next applied. Whether he told Chansiri he wanted to manage us whilst staying with Germany in his first interview I can't confirm.

Screenshot_2024-04-18-18-59-52-321_com.android.chrome.jpg.77ba8bf2905eca45a9d0a76efc931859.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

My apologies. I thought we would have actually stayed up if we had beaten Derby. 

We got enough points to stay up

It was ONLY Chansiris points deduction that relegated us 

Not a one off game you’re cherry picking 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

If we had have stayed up, would Moore have been given some of the credit for doing so, or wouldn't it have been anything to do with him like when we went down?

No, it would have been credit to DC for sacking Monk & Pulis. 

image.jpeg.203d05d94f576a65b8ee35759fb5997d.jpeg

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We got enough points to stay up

It was ONLY Chansiris points deduction that relegated us 

Not a one off game you’re cherry picking 

So if we had won that one of game we would have still gone down? This is so confusing 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I wonder if anyone’s done the points per game for Huddersfield before and after he left. 

His successor has got 9 points from 10 games.

Warnock only had 8 from 7 games.

Both of them got to play Rotherham, which Moore (20 points from 22 games) didn't.

Could just be that Huddersfield's squad isn't very good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Had an unfit Dunkley not been selected he couldn’t have made the mistake against Derby which cost us the  lead.

Lees got injured the game before.

The other choices were Ciaran Brennan, Urhoghide or Liam Shaw (the latter two already confirmed as leaving). I think we end up losing 5-3 with any of those choices.

We also had to go into that match with dross like Pelupessy, Rhodes, Kachunga and Green either in or close to the XI because there was no-one else. Westwood and Reach also had one foot out the door. The squad was a shambles - very similar to our situation now. Only one man to blame for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

If we had have stayed up, would Moore have been given some of the credit for doing so, or wouldn't it have been anything to do with him like when we went down?

A bit like some idiots give him zero credit for getting us promoted?

That game against derby was an example of some of the worst game management. Got to 3-2 and let that little Joffrey lookalike run in behind us and get a pen. That derby side would never have broken us down had we sat deep. Just as Stoke wouldn’t have the other day. 

In fairness to Moore though he was just out of a hospital bed! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So if we had won that one of game we would have still gone down? This is so confusing 

It's not really THAT confusing

As a team we got enough points to stay up

Chansiri got us a points deduction

We got relegated because of it

Had the points deduction not happened we had enough points to stay up

But of course you don't care about any of that

You just want to have a pop at Darren Moore

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not really THAT confusing

As a team we got enough points to stay up

Chansiri got us a points deduction

We got relegated because of it

Had the points deduction not happened we had enough points to stay up

But of course you don't care about any of that

You just want to have a pop at Darren Moore

Of course I do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

His successor has got 9 points from 10 games.

Warnock only had 8 from 7 games.

Both of them got to play Rotherham, which Moore (20 points from 22 games) didn't.

Could just be that Huddersfield's squad isn't very good.

Yet they trounced us 😕 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

I think Moore is an adequate manager but, have to agree with this 100%.

I think that you may find that PV's owner finds him to be inadequate

Then when Danny goes to Sunderland (ITK) Darren will be able to tie up with our Thai once more😨