Darren Moore

6 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I'd rather use the Darren Moore thread to talk about Trevor Francis, but I really don't see how Moore relegated Town. When they sacked him they were 21st, 3 points clear of QPR and 6 clear of us.

When Moore's team beat us 4-0, the game after they sacked him, they were 9 points clear of us (10 effectively with goal difference). The mess really started when the new manager came in and started to change things.

I reckon if Town had held their nerve, Moore would have kept them above the dotted line.

But let's discard it if it doesn't fit the narrative that Darren Moore was rubbish. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Howmanyowls said:

To follow up my outburst. Healthy debate is good and it would be boring if we all agreed. It was aimed mostly at those really trying to discredit Moore's reign at Hillsborough by looking at how he has done since, to justify views they had before. I wasn't happy with his departure but I've made my peace with it. The 6 points deduction got us relegated. Without that, we would have stayed up. This point has been argued endlessly already. We have 2 games to get behind Danny and the team and help them and us to stay up.

So you want the final word

23 minutes ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

So you want the final word

No. I'll stop posting on this thread. Some people don't want to change their minds. Not speaking about you personally, just some always looked for an excuse to oust Moore, no matter how well we were doing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Almat said:

Francis trying to save face for his dropped boĺlock by claiming we were never going to sign him. Which contradicts what was said at the time...

20190414_111520.thumb.jpg.139157d0be6c6a07d07f6df76b6feee7.jpg

20190414_111616.thumb.jpg.2e1b4730248f18bf2beb3a126863165a.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Howmanyowls said:

No. I'll stop posting on this thread. Some people don't want to change their minds. Not speaking about you personally, just some always looked for an excuse to oust Moore, no matter how well we were doing. 

Fair enough it just seems anyone who didn't rate Moore seemed to be insulted to varying degrees. I've a couple of mates who liked DM and a few more including me who didn't. None of us are thick or racist or gammon or live under a rock. We just have a different opinion 

• Like 3

On 22/04/2024 at 20:11, @owlstalk said:

Because he took a good side, mismanaged it, ripped it apart, replaced great players with worse ones, slipped down the league, lost the dressing room and ruined our club

Yeah that 3rd place and 2 cup finals. Playing in Europe. What a joker lol. But I guess Big Ron deserves all the credit for that. Why not give the credit to Wilko. He signed Nigel Worthington

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TamworthWednesdayite said:

Yeah that 3rd place and 2 cup finals. Playing in Europe. What a joker lol. But I guess Big Ron deserves all the credit for that. Why not give the credit to Wilko. He signed Nigel Worthington

And Pearson,madden,hirst

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I'd rather use the Darren Moore thread to talk about Trevor Francis, but I really don't see how Moore relegated Town. When they sacked him they were 21st, 3 points clear of QPR and 6 clear of us.

When Moore's team beat us 4-0, the game after they sacked him, they were 9 points clear of us (10 effectively with goal difference). The mess really started when the new manager came in and started to change things.

I reckon if Town had held their nerve, Moore would have kept them above the dotted line.

Maybe but if we go by 'facts, stats and data' as Neil does.

Huddersfield were getting less than a point a game under Moore. So they could have been on 43.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Maybe but if we go by 'facts, stats and data' as Neil does.

Huddersfield were getting less than a point a game under Moore. So they could have been on 43.

Maybe, we'll never know. After getting pumped by 4 goals a few times after he initially took over, it seemed to me like he was getting a grip on things.

Far too many draws, but they had only lost 4 in 13 games, just made a series of January signings....

Screenshot2024-04-24at17_31_20.thumb.png.44c3b711ffc4ffb77b6ee1f60d679166.png

Then the Chairman decides to completely change the plan right at the end of the transfer window, leaving them shafted.

• Like 1