Where will 6 Points come from now?

On 16/04/2024 at 00:57, mcmigo said:

Deep down in this squad is a resilience and battling qualities that have seen us get promoted last season in the greatest play off come back ever, and battle back this season against the worst start in the league ever. 

this is not the weak mentality squads of previous seasons when we have gone down.  

we will stay up. 

Totally agree with your statement on the mentality of the team, they will be busting a gut until the full time whistle at Sunderland.  However, we just don't score enough goals, that's my nagging feeling, the goals tally will relegate us.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

I know two mini-pigs fans (who don't know each other) and have told me they are both supporting Brum in their game this weekend.

Bitter, doesn't even come close to describing their false sense of "rivalry" they have built up against us. It's bizarre.

it is bizarre how much they dislike us, with us calling them mini pigs as a cute term of endearment and all...

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

If I'm "a poster", don't get me wrong, I ran the table predictor to see how results would pan out if we only get 1 win and 2 draws from our remaining games. I believe we MUST win v Blackburn, and preferably one more as I think w1 d2 will probably not be enough... table prediction is just paper work; the results in this league are entirely different 😄

I am also of the opinion that, depending on Saturday's results, Blackburn could be a 'must win' game in practice, although not mathematically, but recent results are topsy-turvy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

The only way to escape this mess is....

WIN the last 3 games. 

Very tough based on recent form. 

But we have to believe. 

WAWAW

A bit of an exaggeration, but the escape plan will be clearer after Saturday. 

Take it one game at a time.

Blackburn looks like being a 'must win' game, but 'too early to say' for the last two.

I agree with your positive belief.  Too many suffering from 'dun4-itis' on here.

It may be a previously unidentified post-Covid symptom...

• Like 1

Sunderland lost 5-1 at home to Blackburn in April so they are not unbeatable.

Blackburn themselves at home have failed to beat Millwall or Plymouth on their own pitch in the last two months. Their last home win was Feb. 10th.

WBA last won away on March 10th.

On balance our remaining fixtures are not easy but they are all winnable IMO.

• Like 2

Beauchief Owl

Trouble is each game you expect.... 

and the opposite happens! 

eg Leeds + Leicester 

Sunderland doing OK now. 

Blackburn draw a few at home. 

But we have to remain positive and believe..... WAWAW 

On 14/04/2024 at 15:15, 1952Owl said:

Blackburn away - look safe now with 49 points. Their saviour has been Szmodics with 29 goals or so. 

WBA home - play offs look certain. Leicester away 20th April though.

Sunderland away - improved last 3 games after a bad run. 

OWLS - as I feared....suddenly 2 Draws last 2 games. 4 points lost. 

Looks like we need 2 wins then.

But where do you think guys? 

Looking at it positively, Blackburn we can beat for sure. They have one decent player. Then WBA and Sunderland have there feet up. We get 9 points

Realistically, were gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would hate going to Sunderland last game knowing WE HAVE TO WIN. 

The only way forward is to win at Blackburn ugly or not. 

Then WBA at home who could be confirmed in play offs. Although they play Leicester on Saturday 20th April. 

On 14/04/2024 at 16:08, OneEightSixSeven said:

There’s hopeful then there’s delusional..

Feel free to show me this post if we stop up…

That's the spirit.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

Would hate going to Sunderland last game knowing WE HAVE TO WIN. 

The only way forward is to win at Blackburn ugly or not. 

Then WBA at home who could be confirmed in play offs. Although they play Leicester on Saturday 20th April. 

I think in the position we're  in now, going to Sunderland needing a win to definitely stay up, is going to be the best we can hope for. 

Even if we win our next 2 games to put us on 50 points to get us out of the bottom 3,  there would  be a couple of teams behind us probably on 48/49 points.

I think even if we get 4 or 6 points from the next 2 games, we are going to need to get something at Sunderland as well as hoping some teams don't win on the last day.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2024 at 14:40, maidstoneowl said:

I know two mini-pigs fans (who don't know each other) and have told me they are both supporting Brum in their game this weekend.

Bitter, doesn't even come close to describing their false sense of "rivalry" they have built up against us. It's bizarre.

What did you you expect them to tell you knowing you're an Owl lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

The last 3 home games were our chance, OK Norwich were half decent but not taking chances they'd bury in training in massive games I fear will be our issue. 

That's in the past ! 

Looking forward the last 3 games will be when we can Röhl out of bottom 3.

And looking forward to an exciting weekend. Enjoy!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think in the position we're  in now, going to Sunderland needing a win to definitely stay up, is going to be the best we can hope for. 

Even if we win our next 2 games to put us on 50 points to get us out of the bottom 3,  there would  be a couple of teams behind us probably on 48/49 points.

I think even if we get 4 or 6 points from the next 2 games, we are going to need to get something at Sunderland as well as hoping some teams don't win on the last day.

I agree !   It is likely to go to the last day.  Exciting times. Let's hope some of the opposites do drop points tomorrow.

First step then..... 

dig out a tight win at Blackburn. 

Early hard, fair tackle on SZMODICS! 

And Gallagher. 

Their defence ain't great. 

Second half when Gassama +/or Musaba come on at 65 mins.....

2 late goals. 1-2. Believe! WAWAW. 

1 minute ago, maidstoneowl said:

Surely we can opt out of that Bristol Motor Trader cup next season?  We don't need the embarrassment of the mini-leagues that take place.

It’s a ridiculous set up.  We could actually benefit from playing our under 21 players in those games, as we have some decent youngsters to develop -  but no, we are not allowed.   Ipswich on the other hand will probably be allowed to field a full under 21 side in the competition.  Bizarre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

It’s a ridiculous set up.  We could actually benefit from playing our under 21 players in those games, as we have some decent youngsters to develop -  but no, we are not allowed.   Ipswich on the other hand will probably be allowed to field a full under 21 side in the competition.  Bizarre. 

Agreed.

46 nightmare fixtures and potentially another 6-8 in that pathetic little tournament. I honestly wouldn't go if someone said have a free ticket and a tenner.