It just shows how bad the recruitment has been that we need this guy back to give us a spark, and he’s only played about 10 games.

With Poveda, we beat Stoke and second half bringing Poveda on v Norwich we win that too.

If we get relegated, you do what you can to get Poveda signed up, highly unlikely I know, but he’d probably be up there as one of the best players in league one.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I reckon we’d be all but safe had he stayed fit. 

Zero chance he plays in league 1 next season. Way too good.

The only chance we'll have of him signing is if DR and his team is still here  

• Like 6

You’ve got say we’ve had no luck have we. Heartbreaking he got crocked, I agree he’s that good and we would be much safer if he’d have played, we should do what we can to sign him up. Gassama may improve to be more reliable cos he’s got real talent too.

Let’s pray we stay up and regroup under DR. Go down and god only knows TBH….

• Like 2

He's been a massive loss. 

Even if we'd been able to bring him on yesterday instead of Paterson, we'd surely have continued to retain possession in the attacking third and might have been able to maintain a bit of the control we'd shown up until then.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Always think he is one of these players who will be great for 2 months and as soon as novelty wears off of a new club he is a bit ineffective.

Probably so.

But given the dearth of creative outlets in our current squad, he was invaluable. 

There's a reason Leeds don't play him, but then our needs are very different to theirs.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

And when you consider that at the same time it took Ugbo only about eight weeks to become our joint leading scorer, it shows how bad our recruitment has been.

Yep. 

Last summer was truly abysmal.

We added some decent squad players and some who may develop in time, but we left several key areas of our squad desperately short.

Röhl has been fighting with one hand tied behind his back, really.

• Like 3

Poveda probably wouldn’t drop, we can only hope.

He’s what 24, never really settled, he seems to have took to us and we to him, but obviously that probably doesn’t mean too much in football.

The size of the club in league one, you’d hope it would be attractive to some, i think Vaulks and one or two others said something similar when signing.

First of all let’s hope Danny Röhl stays and then we’ll see, but DC will likely still be here so that’s a problem.

• Like 1