Add the (R)

On 13/04/2024 at 17:07, Blue and white said:

It's starting to feel very ominous now, today was a must win game and we fluffed it.

As we fluffed it, then it's a good thing it was only a must win game in your imagination. 

Better to stay grounded in reality, and try to be more positive 

After Blackburn it's not feeling very ominous at all.

The Great Escape is very much possible, but work still to do...

• Thanks 1

On 13/04/2024 at 19:42, Road Runner said:

Need at least 6 points.

Blackburn = Loss

West Brom = Draw (if they have achieved play offs, Loss if not)

Sunderland = Draw at best.

Maximum we will get is 2 points.

There is a reason we have been 23rd for 99.9% of the season, we just aren't good enough. 

Defence is league one 

Midfield is non existent and we can never win a second ball or take control

Attack we just aren't clinical like other teams down there. 

First 10 games finished us, we had a good go but have fallen short, I don't think another 10 games would make a difference, whenever we get chance to get out of the relegation zone and have control of our season we just bottle it. The mental strength and composure when we have a chance is like a rich tea biscuit dipped in tea and not a hob nob. 

We tried today and all of them put it on the line today, we just aren't good enough and there's no shame in that. If they didn't try or fight then that's a different story. 

This aged well. According to your negative view we would only get 2 points from last 3 games

Well we have already got 3 points from 1 game !

Try to be more positive about Röhl's Wednesday on Saturday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 13/04/2024 at 17:38, WalthamOwl said:

I’m a massive fan of Röhl and want him to stay for many years but today I thought he waited to long with his subs. Especially bringing Musaba and Cads on in the 93rd minute. We had to win today and I think he left it too late. 

Why do posters keep repeating this nonsense that we had to win?

We did not, and now 10 days later we are not in the bottom 3 any more as we won at Blackburn

Try to stop panicking.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Why do posters keep repeating this nonsense that we had to win?

We did not, and now 10 days later we are not in the bottom 3 any more as we won at Blackburn

Try to stop panicking.... 

Mate, it's old now, you need new material.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sykes said:

In fairness he’s not wrong and there are so many idiotic must win posts every week and there have been for months now. 

If we’d failed at the first must win game, you’d think the same numpties would stop saying the next week that this one really is must win…. But no!!! The same cretins are back week after week saying the same tripe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 13/04/2024 at 11:02, Luke said:

its over ,had our chance and bottled it 

3 teams over us want it more 

On 13/04/2024 at 11:11, Sykes said:

Today was a massive chance we've thrown away.

I think Birmingham have the quality to pull themselves out of it, as they've shown today.

I want to be positive but, realistically, we must win all of our games to stay up, and I can't see us doing that.

I think the relegation spots at the end of the season are:

Huddersfield

Wednesday

Rotherham

I'll forever hate the number 23 after this season.

Observe: History's dickheads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This relegation battle has swung one way and the other from week to week as has the mood of some posters on here.

There has been weeks where I’ve thought we were done but then I’ve had this nagging feeling that we’ve come too far to fall short now.

One thing I do find laughable is some of the criticism Röhl gets. He’s made one or two questionable decisions as all managers do but to have us where we currently are given the sh!tshow he inherited is some achievement. Staying up would mark him out as a manager to keep an eye on.

• Like 6

To be fair we haven’t stopped up yet and those Stoke and Swansea games did feel like hammer blows at the time, a gut feel those weekends. Remains to be seen if they actually are but they looked the most “winnable”. Sometimes these forums are about getting reactionary thoughts out just like P&G is for the folk who like to call Staton.

When we have a good result it feels like we will continue that way, when we don’t it feels like we are not good enough and will fall short. Even the Blackburn game had some poor spells first half before a much braver second half, despite that szmodics nearly got us a second time on the break at 3-1 (!!) and had that gone in what a nervy end to the game.  Here’s to things remaining on the positive end of the spectrum for the next couple of weeks but who knows! Like many sides at the bottom we can look a good side and a hardworking but susceptible one and the same game. I understand we may be top six form wise which is very encouraging at this time. A roll of the dice. I think we all just want to know the answer now. 

• Like 1

Also the renewed feeling that we can do this stems from the wholly unexpected change at Rotherham and the dropping of points by Birmingham. Had they beaten Rotherham as I think 90% of people expected them to, we’d still be a point behind them with two games left. It did look bleak that weekend

We might go down. We might stay up. 

What is guaranteed is that people like the OP can't cope with anything other than black and white and so lash out when they are upset.

It's hard not to react but there are probably some underlying reasons why.

9 hours ago, Luke said:

10pm at night and searching for gotchas 

What a loser 

There’s only one loser on here, and if you want to know who it is go look in the mirror. 
constant negativity from you is relentless and boring.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Luke said:

10pm at night and searching for gotchas 

What a loser 

And what time were you forum surfing trying to deflect from your negative post. 
we have all had doubts this season, especially after a setback but it’s a sport and you support your team. 
by all means have a pop, rant or grumble but the negativity of posts like this just sound like toddlers having a whine. 

I,  like many others constantly post that we have had a chance, at times it looked very small but until mathematically proven will hold onto hope that we can do it. 
have there been times when I thought “that’s us done?”  Of course there has been, but the team have always seemed to hang in there, and while they do, I will too…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

Observe: History's dickheads

What was wrong with my post? It was pretty balanced imo.

We could still be relegated, but we've now put our fate back in our own hands. After failing to beat Stoke our form was 1 win in the last 7, going into the last three games.

Easy for you to call people out in hindsight. You're the only d*ckhead here, mate. Also, learn how to interact with people.

Edited by Sykes
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sykes said:

Thank you for your helpful advice

WBA & Sunderland provide a new challenge but BbR are relevant

As we beat BbR, WBA is not a 'mwg', altho Sunderland is likely to appear to be a 'mwg' even if it finally proves not to have been

Hope this helps.    Have a Happy Day.   Enjoy our Röhl towards the Great Escape 🥹 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Thank you for your helpful advice

WBA & Sunderland provide a new challenge but BbR are relevant

As we beat BbR, WBA is not a 'mwg', altho Sunderland is likely to appear to be a 'mwg' even if it finally proves not to have been

Hope this helps.    Have a Happy Day.   Enjoy our Röhl towards the Great Escape 🥹 

Snore fest, just give over FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3