Miss of the century

Just now, sexpistol said:

Eh? I’m agreeing with your post, im

just adding the bit about his personality as there have been comments about his social media output by some on here.

To me he is very honest and says it how it is.

Fair enough. Thought you were suggesting i was hammering him. I think the phrase is 'fluffed his lines' rather than flumped so i posted a picture of the flumps.

Indignation withdrawn. Have a spiffing evening.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FattyOwl72 said:

Fair enough. Thought you were suggesting i was hammering him. I think the phrase is 'fluffed his lines' rather than flumped so i posted a picture of the flumps.

Indignation withdrawn. Have a spiffing evening.  

Back at ya 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, kilnhurstowl said:

He needs to shut up now to be honest. Too long has he come across as the big I am. Well I'm afraid windass your not all that. 

When has he ever come across like that. I e seen loads of comments of that nature but I just don’t see it 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

One look at him before kick off and you could see he is not fit. Pleasantly plumper than usual, not that there's anything wrong with that 🫤

He didn't play well, but I'd still persist with him. We don't have many players with anything like his natural ability, and it's what we need more than anything, especially with Pov going off injured. 

We aren't going to score many without the likes of him on the pitch. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Runs ahead of the ball doesn’t he 

Pretty much, yeah.

He couldn't really get anything on it with his foot or his head, so he had to try to deflect it in.

As it was, it just sort of hit him.

99 times out of 100, that deflects in.

Thank god the 1 in 100 freak miss didn't end up costing us today.

16 minutes ago, markg said:

When has he ever come across like that. I e seen loads of comments of that nature but I just don’t see it 

Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick then. Just the way he comes across sometimes like not celebrating in league 1 when he scored as if it was below him etc. 

And a few social media comments from the past which like I said could have been read wrong by myself. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, markg said:

I think it stems from his slightly tongue in cheek comments about not celebrating goals in league one our first season after relegation and the fact he airs his views regularly on a podcast.

Just because he doesn't trot out the usual expected footballers platitudes ad nauseum and actually has a personality he's seen by many as arrogant.

Obviously I don't know him personally but from all reports from those in the game and players who have played with him he's a model professional and tbh, I know who I would be more inclined to believe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

You could pull 1000 out of the crowd, regardless of age, disability etc... and they'd ALL score that. 

Wheelchair, no legs, head upside down, arms chopped off and would have still got closer 

• Like 1

I've worked out how he missed it, the guy fell over his own ego. Thinks he is a premier player from his time at Rangers. In reality league 1 due to goals scored and how long he is actually fit on the pitch per season. Complete waste of a wage, gotta get rid!

• Haha 1

Was the original shot from Poveda on target?

If it was, this would help explain why Bannan only has 2 assists this season. Even when he passes to players like Poveda and they shoot ... one of our players runs in and clears the shot off the goalline.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

I think it stems from his slightly tongue in cheek comments about not celebrating goals in league one our first season after relegation and the fact he airs his views regularly on a podcast.

Just because he doesn't trot out the usual expected footballers platitudes ad nauseum and actually has a personality he's seen by many as arrogant.

Obviously I don't know him personally but from all reports from those in the game and players who have played with him he's a model professional and tbh, I know who I would be more inclined to believe.

He celebrated when he scored in the play of final.

A family member of mine knows him well and he is by all accounts a great bloke. I also know he is the the model professional, he clearly looks after himself and is tea total.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

I've worked out how he missed it, the guy fell over his own ego. Thinks he is a premier player from his time at Rangers. In reality league 1 due to goals scored and how long he is actually fit on the pitch per season. Complete waste of a wage, gotta get rid!

🥱