90s Premier League Quiz - Deadline to enter Friday at 7pm

Little quiz to get us through the final part of the international break, deadline to enter is Friday at 7pm, the results will be revealed on Friday night.

Remember the Golden rule - If you Google you're a Blade.

Ages since we've done one of these. 

For anyone who hasn't played it's essentially the same as the TV show Pointless. The aim is to give the most obscure, or least popular answer to the questions below possible. The fewer people that give the same answer as you the better. 

Example - Name a country that has won the World Cup? If 9 people answer Brazil and 1 person answers Uruguay, those picking Brazil would get 9 points and the person picking Uruguay would get 1 point. An incorrect answer eg San Marino, would receive the maximum 10 points (this number is set by the total amount of people that have entered). The aim is to score as few points as possible.

Any questions, just let me know

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD, PM THEM TO ME.

All questions and answers are from the start of the Premier League era 92/93 until the end of the 99/00 season.

1. Any player that scored at least 50 Premier League goals in the 90s.

2. Any player that received at least 2 Premier League red cards in the 90s.

3. Any player with at least 50 Premier League appearances for Wednesday in the 90s.

4. Any non-British manager to manage in the Premier League in the 90s (must be a permanent appointment)

5. Excluding England players, any Premier League player to appear in Euro 96. (Will accept before or after the tournament but must be in the 90s)

6. Any team to reach an FA Cup final in the 90s

7. Any team to win a Premier League game at Old Trafford in the 90s, other than Manchester United.

8. Any player that scored at least 20 Premier League goals during in a single season in the 90s.

9. Name one of the 90s Premier League players from the picture below.

90sPicture.png.9d1014a690c8ab86a892ce90050c1fdd.png

19 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

6 entries so far, keep them coming.

5 of you have given the same answer for one of the questions. 

Don't need to reveal but I bet it's question 2.

Just to explain as I've not made it clear enough, all answers should be within the Premier League era of the 90s only, 92-93 to end of 99-00. A couple of people have given correct answers for the earlier part of the 90s, I've PM'd them. My fault for the badly worded questions.

On 26/03/2024 at 20:27, Whitechapel Owl said:

Little quiz to get us through the final part of the international break, deadline to enter is Friday at 7pm, the results will be revealed on Friday night.

Remember the Golden rule - If you Google you're a Blade.

Ages since we've done one of these. 

For anyone who hasn't played it's essentially the same as the TV show Pointless. The aim is to give the most obscure, or least popular answer to the questions below possible. The fewer people that give the same answer as you the better. 

Example - Name a country that has won the World Cup? If 9 people answer Brazil and 1 person answers Uruguay, those picking Brazil would get 9 points and the person picking Uruguay would get 1 point. An incorrect answer eg San Marino, would receive the maximum 10 points (this number is set by the total amount of people that have entered). The aim is to score as few points as possible.

Any questions, just let me know

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD, PM THEM TO ME.

All questions and answers are from the start of the Premier League era 92/93 until the end of the 99/00 season.

1. Any player that scored at least 50 Premier League goals in the 90s.

2. Any player that received at least 2 Premier League red cards in the 90s.

3. Any player with at least 50 Premier League appearances for Wednesday in the 90s.

4. Any non-British manager to manage in the Premier League in the 90s (must be a permanent appointment)

5. Excluding England players, any Premier League player to appear in Euro 96. (Will accept before or after the tournament but must be in the 90s)

6. Any team to reach an FA Cup final in the 90s

7. Any team to win a Premier League game at Old Trafford in the 90s, other than Manchester United.

8. Any player that scored at least 20 Premier League goals during in a single season in the 90s.

9. Name one of the 90s Premier League players from the picture below.

90sPicture.png.9d1014a690c8ab86a892ce90050c1fdd.png

90sPicture.png.9d1014a690c8ab86a892ce90050c1fdd~2.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

You've done alright actually, a wrong answer has killed your chances though.

Noooo!

Can guess which one it is and change it! 

I bet it is the same person I used for 2 answers.

At least that is proof that I didn't cheat like a filthy blade.

Edited by BridportOwl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Noooo!

Can guess which one it is and change it! 

I bet it is the same person I used for 2 answers.

At least that is proof that I didn't cheat like a filthy blade.

I'll PM you as I don't want to give anything away to anyone who's not entered yet.

• Thanks 1

Great quiz, Whitechapel.

I’m actually friends with one of the question writers for Pointless (and other game shows) and he’s a Wednesday fan from Sheffield. We’ll be heading to the Stoke game together in a few weeks. 

6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Great quiz, Whitechapel.

I’m actually friends with one of the question writers for Pointless (and other game shows) and he’s a Wednesday fan from Sheffield. We’ll be heading to the Stoke game together in a few weeks. 

Cheers, I think it was @EighteenSixty7 that came up with the idea when we used to do these quite often.

What an amazing job, how did he get into doing that?

• Love 1