Under 21’s at Wigan today

18 hours ago, Umeeksk said:

Cracking goals those. Two from effective counterpressing, two from set pieces (where's THAT been in the first team?)

Got to think Röhl will like what he sees there!

Absolutely - the sort of goals not often seen from the first team.  Great prospects...

U-18's lost to Fleetwood 1:0 again today.

Worth mentioning that Moses looks to be out injured while captain Thornton and Fernandes played for U-21 side yesterday.

3 hours ago, malek said:

U-18's lost to Fleetwood 1:0 again today.

Worth mentioning that Moses looks to be out injured while captain Thornton and Fernandes played for U-21 side yesterday.

I think Moses is out for the season he’s had surgery 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dinno said:

I think Moses is out for the season he’s had surgery 

Thanks for sharing buddy, hope He get over this one and continue where He left of next season. 

21 hours ago, Grizzly Bizzly said:

@malek @Ships @Youth Hawker

Anyone know?

Scored in the last game that he played at the start of the year and seems to have disappeared.  May be trialling with other clubs as I can't see him getting a new contract. He's in his 3rd year as a pro and is a couple of years older than Cadamarteri. Shipton, Fusire. Phuti and the 2 keepers. He's 21 now.

• Like 2

On 12/03/2024 at 20:30, malek said:

Thanks for sharing buddy, hope He get over this one and continue where He left of next season. 

Moses surely one to be offered a pro deal? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

Rodrigues and Johnson borderline? 

Probably, but if they get offers I believe it will be to fill gaps in U-21 squad rather than Us believing that We can develop them into first team players.

It will be interesting to see if our new recruitment guy will be involved with recruiting for U-18 and U-21 squads as well.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2024 at 15:37, Owls Loyal said:

I get all my information on the Academy teams form Malek on here and I just wondered if he or anyone else knows anything about Onukwuli and Fernandes as they seem to score a few goals?

On 11/03/2024 at 15:39, Grizzly Bizzly said:

What's Glover up to?

Jay has been out injured and is now back in training. Should be fit for a spot on the bench this Friday 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A great display from the lads today.  Young, homegrown talent is the way to succeed 

IMO   We should do all we can to get Cat 1 status so that  our best are not nabbed by the greedy

I have not seen our training facilities but I am told they should be bigger and better

If it was financially viable,, what improvements could be made?

Some things have improved since I was in Sheffield.    The first teamers could be seen making their way along Penistone Road, on foot, having trained at the Owlerton Stadium

Let’s build on results like today

There are some lads  showing promise