Pogba Banned for 4 years

I’m amazed he managed to win the trophies he has really, considering his application to the sport.  

He had a great spell at Juventus which lasted maybe 2 seasons; the rest of his career has been a car crash really. He’s never lived up to the hype. 

• Like 2

All the talent in the world, but naff all application for the most part. 

The fact he won what he did is testament to the ability he did possess. 

Shame he spent so much of his career coasting and not giving a f*ck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Best mates with Jesse Lingard isn't he? They can go and do some tik toks together. 

Think part of it goes back to the culture at Man United, or should I say the rotten culture. 

Pogba, Lingard largely wasted their careers. Had success, but could have done a lot more, and effectively done as proper professionals by the time they were 30. 

Then you look at Rashford. Again, talented, had some success, and yet, at times, he has an appalling attitude on the football pitch. Has a face on like a moody teenagers who doesn't want to be there. 

Suppose some of it goes back to gassing these lads up when they are young, and paying them absurd amounts of money. 

It’s just a real shame, sounds like he’s never had a stable environment outside football clubs so he just keeps making bad decision after bad decision.

Similar to Dele Ali, has a handful of seasons where he looked fantastic then completely drops off. Shows how strong you have to be mentally as a professional to stay disciplined & focused, simply cannot afford to do the minimum.

I always wonder how players will fare in 5,10,15 ect years time after mistakes like this. You just cannot get that talent, time or money back. Feel like none of them see the big picture now, but the realisation once it eventually sets in will be haunting 

It's 2,400 euros a month:

"Pogba was initially earning an 8m euro (£6.9m) annual salary at Juventus, plus 2m euros (£1.71m) in bonuses, but when he was provisionally suspended in September 2023, this was reduced to approximately 2,400 euros per month (£2,054 per month), as provided by the collective agreement between clubs and the footballers' association."

Lads had a bit of an issue with gangs from where he was raised - and his brothers - blackmailing and extorting him. 

I find it interesting as the best spell of his career at Juventus coincided with him winning the World Cup and scoring in the final. Probably only a couple of seasons but there you go.

All in all , Fergie didn't get this one wrong when he sent him packing. He knew he had talent but it came with something he wasn't prepared to accept at Man Utd. 

Add him to the list:

Dele Alli

Jadon Sancho

Jesse Lingard

Players that are multi, multi millionaires at such a young age. Success, in the form of maybe a medal or two and playing for your country at a major tournament mean everything has been achieved by the time they are in their mid 20's, and the appetite for the game just disappears. 

Rashford is well on his way down that route..he just doesn't need the hassle. 

4 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Lads had a bit of an issue with gangs from where he was raised - and his brothers - blackmailing and extorting him. 

I find it interesting as the best spell of his career at Juventus coincided with him winning the World Cup and scoring in the final. Probably only a couple of seasons but there you go.

All in all , Fergie didn't get this one wrong when he sent him packing. He knew he had talent but it came with something he wasn't prepared to accept at Man Utd. 

Add him to the list:

Dele Alli

Jadon Sancho

Jesse Lingard

Players that are multi, multi millionaires at such a young age. Success, in the form of maybe a medal or two and playing for your country at a major tournament mean everything has been achieved by the time they are in their mid 20's, and the appetite for the game just disappears. 

Rashford is well on his way down that route..he just doesn't need the hassle. 

Pogba was a United player when he won the World Cup. Re-signed for them in summer 2016, won the World Cup summer 2018, then went back to Juventus in 2022.

Rashford, as good as it was what he did in lockdown, I think it got to this head. “Stick to football” can be used to dismiss good points and valid criticism, but I think if Rashford had done so, he’d have been a much better footballer by now.