Danny no better than xisco

7 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

This has got to be the worst post ever on Owlstalk, bravo sir.

Not his players bla bla - Correct, not much he can do about that. can you polish a turd? 

Same rubbish playing around the back causing unnecessary pressure  - We were more direct on Saturday and won 

No striker upfront, windass never will be one - hahahaha. Striker did start and scored. And Windass scored. 

Playing a cb at wingback - Nope, this didn't happen on Saturday either, Famewo played well at LEFT back, not wing back, then Johnson was left wing back from the 2nd half.

Playing wilks and not dropping a out of form goalkeeper - Wilks played well at Birmingham, now injured and replaced with Cadamateri, see above. Vasquez seems to us as fans as the better option, but I trust the bloke who's coached bayern and german national team over a poster on Owlstalk called Luke, who I think has issues with his sight maybe?

Xisco would have got crucified for this - Under Xisco we had no identity whatsoever. Full backs didn't overlap, we never pressed, we created barely anything and we were set up to get hammered every game, he was the worst manager we've ever had and was rightly crucified as performances picked up as soon as he left.

Sorry but not good enough - give it time man, how impatient can you be? And the last 2 games have been good enough, 4 points is a good return and the longer DR stays with us I'm sure we'll be constantly improving, we're lucky to have him. Compared to Xisco it is night and day.

You're wasting your time...as they say you can't educate pork 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/11/2023 at 17:50, Luke said:

Not his players bla bla

Same rubbish playing around the back causing unnecessary pressure 

No striker upfront, windass never will be one 

Playing a cb at wingback 

Playing wilks and not dropping a out of form goalkeeper 

Xisco would have got crucified for this

Sorry but not good enough 

It's ok to admit when you posted something dumb.

• Like 3

On 04/12/2023 at 19:53, Nero said:

Reading the first couple of pages really does 'out' some of the regular complete nobbeds for the knee jerk  crybabies that they are.

And they never learn.

Someone made a table of if the season started when Röhl took over. We're still 18th on it. 

Again, I don't think any of those 'nobbeds' were calling for heads they were just questioning some questionable things. Which are still questionable. They were questionable under Xisco too. Some people just had/have a weird love affair with DR very early on.

People are literally banging on about how bad we were yesterday but DR is beyond questions?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SHUowl said:

Someone made a table of if the season started when Röhl took over. We're still 18th on it. 

Again, I don't think any of those 'nobbeds' were calling for heads they were just questioning some questionable things. Which are still questionable. They were questionable under Xisco too. Some people just had/have a weird love affair with DR very early on.

People are literally banging on about how bad we were yesterday but DR is beyond questions?

I'll refer you back to the title of the thread.

Danny is no better than Xisco

You've made up - and I'm afraid this is typical of a certain type of poster - a thread called:

People aren't allowed to question Danny Röhl

which you are now defending even though it doesnt exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'll refer you back to the title of the thread.

Danny is no better than Xisco

You've made up - and I'm afraid this is typical of a certain type of poster - a thread called:

People aren't allowed to question Danny Röhl

which you are now defending even though it doesnt exist.

Threads evolve over time with dialogue, that's generally how conversations work. You'll get there one day. 

But if you want relaying back to the title (because for some weird reason that's all that matters to you), some of the items the poster Luke mentioned were things that XM was being crucified for, that DR is still doing. So same issues, hence title. 

Edited by SHUowl
SPAG

3 hours ago, Mamalute said:

This is a diabolical thread and should be deleted. It was clearly tripe when written and has aged badly, anbody trying to defend it is being foolish.

No way!

Keep it as a shrine to those who seriously thought Röhl is no better than Xisco f*cking Muñoz.

Then we all know whose opinions we can ignore from now on.

:duntmatter:

Screenshot_2023-12-10-14-50-16-75_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.090df3a49d80dca363d9b0df1b02239f.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-10-14-50-23-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.1b9a856fc61878172aad79a859072347.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-10-14-50-32-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.6de7081ca99af7b5d015a87417ff32ee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Silencing, deleting, and doxing people with different opinions is most certainly worse than asking questions of a managers decisions. 

He's not god. He's just a geezer in his first managerial job.

Worth remembering.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SHUowl said:

Silencing, deleting, and doxing people with different opinions is most certainly worse than asking questions of a managers decisions. 

He's not god. He's just a geezer in his first managerial job.

Worth remembering.

Eh?

We're just taking the p*ss out of some posters whose opinion we found laughable, mate.

It's really not that serious.

And nobody thinks the 'geezer in his first managerial job' is God; it's just that we can clearly see he's better than Xisco bloody Muńoz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we had seen a method in Xisco’s approach and a subsequent improvement game to game, his critics myself included would probably have given him the benefit of the doubt and supported him. The improvement never materialised.

Under Röhl despite the early results the improvement in performances were in evidence straight away. Safety is still a forlorn hope but not as forlorn as it once was. Whatever happens if we’re able to keep Röhl we should be able to move forward with sustained purpose eventually.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

If we had seen a method in Xisco’s approach and a subsequent improvement game to game, his critics myself included would probably have given him the benefit of the doubt and supported him. The improvement never materialised.

Yep.

I've defended many a manager against some of the more unreasonable criticism on here, but with Muńoz there was very little to defend, quite frankly.

I tried to be patient and give him time to get his methods across to the players, but he looked more out of his depth with each passing week.

Once we returned from the first international break and somehow looked worse after two weeks of training, I had very little faith in him turning things around.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

I've defended many a manager against some of the more unreasonable criticism on here, but with Muńoz there was very little to defend, quite frankly.

I tried to be patient and give him time to get his methods across to the players, but he looked more out of his depth with each passing week.

Once we returned from the first international break and somehow looked worse after two weeks of training, I had very little faith in him turning things around.

He was absolutely useless, team were not fit, had no method, gave no advice to players, was poor with media and football was absolute rubbish. It was clear early on he was not going to cut it, how he got a team promoted is a mystery. He just had to go was kept in post too long.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

He was absolutely useless, team were not fit, had no method, gave no advice to players, was poor with media and football was absolute rubbish. It was clear early on he was not going to cut it, how he got a team promoted is a mystery. He just had to go was kept in post too long.

Yep.

To go from Moore to Muñoz was bloody ridiculous, wasn't it?

All that hard work thrown away in one short summer.

I just sat watching his team barely muster an attack thinking, "we battled so hard to win promotion for this?"

At least we seem to have landed on our feet with Röhl, although it's laughable that Chansiri spoke with both in the summer and thought Muñoz sounded like the better option.

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?

We're just taking the p*ss out of some posters whose opinion we found laughable, mate.

It's really not that serious.

And nobody thinks the 'geezer in his first managerial job' is God; it's just that we can clearly see he's better than Xisco bloody Muńoz.

I get that mate, but it's been pretty tasty already towards them. Just feels like you can't discuss owt without a big backlash. Some have made some decent comments around how they've both done the same thing, one criticised and one not. 

Like someone else said, if we deleted everything we thought was daft there wouldn't be much left 🤣 

Maybe I've read it without intended jokeyness, sounded like there were some legitimate requests to delete the thread because someone didn't like it.

• Like 1