Anyone else not watching the FA Cup final?

I would have watched if an unfashionable “upstart” club (Blunts aside) had made it to the final to cheer them on. But I don’t give a stuff about either of the Manc clubs so I won’t be bothering. 

Might watch City in the CL final because they are still (nominally) an English club, but I don’t even feel as passionate and invested in that as I once did.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Weather too nice to sit in so I'll probably listen in the garden. As far as FA Cup finals go I'd say it's a pretty interesting one. First time they've ever met in a final, Man City going for the treble and a derby of course. 

Hope Man City win, can't bear the thought of Manchester United fans gloating that they stopped them from doing the treble. 

I'll be watching, seen every one since 1981. Mind you, although I have vivid memories of the finals from 40 years ago and could name all the scores and scorers in the 80s and 90s finals, I'd be struggling to tell you who even won the cup in any given year after 2000. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'll be watching, seen every one since 1981. Mind you, although I have vivid memories of the finals from 40 years ago and could name all the scores and scorers in the 80s and 90s finals, I'd be struggling to tell you who even won the cup in any given year after 2000. 

To confirm this diminishing interest, I'd assumed that Roberto Di Mateo had previously scored the fastest ever FA Cup final goal. But they've shown a clip of Louis Saha showing a quicker one and I have no memory of that whatsoever! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Agree, I can recall pretty much everyone up to about 95, by then it was losing its status as the season showpiece. I did the BBC cup final scorers quiz earlier and got 1 out of 10 ( Ian Wright scoring against us)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alanharper said:

To confirm this diminishing interest, I'd assumed that Roberto Di Mateo had previously scored the fastest ever FA Cup final goal. But they've shown a clip of Louis Saha showing a quicker one and I have no memory of that whatsoever! 

Yeah my first thought was that has to have beaten Di Matteo goal but completely forgot Saha scoring for Everton. 

1 minute ago, BrizzleOwl said:

Agree, I can recall pretty much everyone up to about 95, by then it was losing its status as the season showpiece. I did the BBC cup final scorers quiz earlier and got 1 out of 10 ( Ian Wright scoring against us)

I could probably name every winner and runner up since 1993 for fa cup and league cup.

3 hours ago, BrizzleOwl said:

I'm the same - encyclopaedic knowledge up to 1995, then after that everything's just a blurry mish-mash of the Mancs, the bin-dippers, Chelsea and Arsenal. I know the monotony of the past 30 years has been broken by Pompey, Wigan and Leicester once each, but I don't know off the top of my head which years other than Leicester was fairly recent.