Carlisle v Stockport League 2 playoff final

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Stockport, for the easier journey if we don't go up!  That said when we played at Carlisle in the cup a few years ago we went on the Settle-Carlisle railway which was nice. Drew 0-0 though, just after we appointed Jos iirc. 

Were you away at Stockport when we had them final away game in 2002? That season they got 26 points and beat us 3-1

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Were you away at Stockport when we had them final away game in 2002? That season they got 26 points and beat us 3-1

Fortunately not, I took a break from away games for a few years around the turn of the century (that sounds weird!) from about 1998-2003. Only time I've been to Stockport we won 3-0 in the 2004/05 promotion season. 

13 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Fortunately not, I took a break from away games for a few years around the turn of the century (that sounds weird!) from about 1998-2003. Only time I've been to Stockport we won 3-0 in the 2004/05 promotion season. 

I remember it being a bit of a nightmare day. Started off great in fancy dress, pretty sure John Hemmingham was selling soft toys outside Hillsborough to the people getting on the coaches, might have been a charity thing. About 10 minutes into the game dozens of them were thrown into the Andy Dibble's area, much to his displeasure.

Then it all went wrong, lots of trouble in the ground, Wednesday had two sides and people kept running across the pitch from behind the goal into the side stand, Beckett scoring and giving it the shhh sign and very nearly getting grabbed as he ran past our fans.

Was stuck on the coach for ages going back too as there'd been a bad crash on the snake pass, and the word on the coach was someone had thrown themselves under a train at Stockport station so the rest of the fans were stuck too. Very miserable day considering they'd been relegated about 2 months by that point  Was all very unnerving as a 17 year old.

Edited by Whitechapel Owl
  • Like 1

Just now, bradowl said:

Carlisle scored. 1-1

Think everybody in the ground including the players must've been wondering if VAR was going to go back and award the penalty for handball. Wonder if it had been a handball would they have the balls to disallow the goal and take it back to the penalty / red card?