Frank Lampard

ANDY

He's on a hiding to nothing at the moment. He's got to try and get about three teams worth of players to give a shit again after they all downed tools.

Could be an absolute firesale there in the summer. 10-12 players need to be shipped out.

3 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

He's on a hiding to nothing at the moment. He's got to try and get about three teams worth of players to give a shit again after they all downed tools.

Could be an absolute firesale there in the summer. 10-12 players need to be shipped out.

Easier said then done that with the money been spent and length of contracts. They’ll loaning a ridiculous amount of players out on heavily subsidised wages all over Europe. 

Edited by Night King
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I’d say he’s the worst manager in the Prem 

Which means he’s the worst of the interim managers too 

He’s Championship level at best 

Very generous. 

I wouldn't want him at Wednesday. He's atrocious 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

But he knows the club. Where the tea bags are etc..

Football really does embarrass itself when it picks good old boys like this. 

I think that’s probably my main beef with it 

Looks good / talks good / liked by media mates doesn’t mean good manager. 

16 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I’d say he’s the worst manager in the Prem 

Which means he’s the worst of the interim managers too 

He’s Championship level at best 

If you're a bad manager and coach, you are bad at any level.  You don't suddenly become better the further down the league pyramid you go. 

I find it astonishing that someone with the length of club career and international career he has had, with some of the managers he has played under,  that he has learned absolutely nothing. 

He's obvioulsy too arrogant to work on his deficiencies, and shouldn't be given the jobs that he has been anyway. 

40 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

If you're a bad manager and coach, you are bad at any level.  You don't suddenly become better the further down the league pyramid you go. 

I find it astonishing that someone with the length of club career and international career he has had, with some of the managers he has played under,  that he has learned absolutely nothing. 

He's obvioulsy too arrogant to work on his deficiencies, and shouldn't be given the jobs that he has been anyway. 

To an extent. But being a good player doesn’t automatically make you a good manager. You can have all sorts of experiences. And that’s an advantage to be sure. But if you can’t implement effectively it then you’re stuck. 

Think Potter has had a lucky escape in all this,  it's now looking very much like a Chelsea problem than a Potter one. 

I dare say he would have rather worked with the players and young ones coming through that were there, rather than having to manage huge signings like Mudryk, Fernandez, Felix and Madueke - none of which he needed. 

He just needed a decent striker with a good attitude ( so not Aubamayang) ,  and the squad players could have covered the injuries. 

Now they just have a collection of unmotivated misfits, and disgruntled longer service players that can barely get near the squad, never mind the first 11. 

Has lived off his stellar playing career. 

A half decent season with Derby and a half decent season in his first spell with Chelsea. 

Outside of that though, absolutely dreadful. 

Both him and Gerrard are clearly nothing special, but will be afforded opportunities because of who they are rather than any real coaching acumen. 

• Like 1