Would you like to see this man back at Sheffield Wednesday F C?

39 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

No. Hes played 21 games in about 3 years. He's nearly 30. He's expensive. Lets sign some younger players and progress their careers (easier said than done).

If this is correct then it’s a massive no from me, Hutch played more and we’ve let him go

So if he did come back, it's one of them - we know what we are getting.

The lad doesn't have ambition though, he stopped where he was to follow the money, he could have probably been a top flight player had he developed naturally and been a one or two club man.

So you have identified we need a leader, and a good player to boot - well done.   Now find our next Nigel Pearson from a team like Shrewsbury.   That's what I'd ideally like.

Sone strange comments on here 

personally I think he can and should sign for a championship club it’s his last big move possibly before his wages maybe start to decline and his contracts get shorter 

he can easily get a3 year contract on 15k a week abs that rules us out 

that said if he falls into our budget which job of us know it’s a no brainier 

we know what he’s about 

he’s huge so ticks what we lack in height 

he plays left sided centre back which we need 

can play instead of just hoof it so fits in with the system 

and he’s should he in his prime years 

A good solid season behind him getting promoted and maybe scoring 6 goals plus could see bids of 3 million plus come in for him 

he could arguably go on and give us 6 plus good solid years of service I don’t think that’s bad for a free transfer 

Especially when we need to sign a minimum of 3 players for that position 

I’d be more concerned when reviewing or when drawing up the short list that he wasn’t on it given that having played for us previously that should be a bonus 

my full expectations is he or his agent has been contacted abs it’s a non starter because he can get a much better deal at a higher level 

yet loads on here wouldn’t entertain him, bizare 

I’ll put it this was if releasing players like hutch and dunkley and replacing them with players like hector is the  way we are going I’d get lumping on for that promotion 

Whenever I’ve seen him for Fulham he’s looked shocking and full of mistakes, not as good as when he won player of the season here. 

Doubt he’d drop to league 1, too expensive as well, plus not played much because he’s been poor.

Would give this one a miss. Different situation to Hunt last year as he had been still playing fairly consistently at championship level for Bristol.

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

personally I think he can and should sign for a championship club it’s his last big move possibly before his wages maybe start to decline and his contracts get shorter 

we know what he’s about 

A good solid season behind him getting promoted and maybe scoring 6 goals plus could see bids of 3 million plus come in for him 

he could arguably go on and give us 6 plus good solid years of service I don’t think that’s bad for a free transfer 

I’d be more concerned when reviewing or when drawing up the short list that he wasn’t on it given that having played for us previously that should be a bonus 

my full expectations is he or his agent has been contacted abs it’s a non starter because he can get a much better deal at a higher level 

I’ll put it this was if releasing players like hutch and dunkley and replacing them with players like hector is the  way we are going I’d get lumping on for that promotion 

As you say - costs a lot in wages.

Whereas, if you get a little creative there are usually many options out there every season that some clubs seem to find and come good, who then go for mega bucks.

I would not disagree with signing Hector, but he would cost a bomb.   

1 hour ago, moyaowl said:

As long as some younger defenders were brought in alongside him then yeah.

He’s an older head and can share his knowledge with them. We benefit short term with his coolness and knowledge of the game.

Long term we develop some defenders who could be amazing for us in the future or we have saleable assets.

Agreed as long as wages aren’t ridiculous 

• Like 1

We need to build a young hungry team that can grow together over the next 5 years. There are some very talented players around the lower leagues who I’m sure would love a chance to play for the massive. With some old heads around them such as banan palmer Byers etc  we can build an athletic team. Build for the future and with moores ability to attract players the future can be very bright. 

key is to own our players. No point starting the rebuilding process every summer because we loose all Loan players or too old that we release them. To contradict tho Center half needs a strong Pearson type and i’d try and bring Harley dean back and build round him 

Edited by Kualakidd
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, markg said:

Definitely.

id hope that people who say no can recommend a better, realistic alternative 

I wouldnt say no to Storey coming back. Hardly had a bad game. I'd take Storey over Hector anty day.

Guest Musttryharder
27 minutes ago, fpowl said:

we know what he’s about 

We had Wickham back for a second stint and that turned out well.

14 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

We had Wickham back for a second stint and that turned out well.

Well you can cherry pick any waffle if you want to pull out hindsight comments 

I mea hunt was horrendous last season wasn’t he….. oh wait, no he wasn’t