Hands up if you wanted Paul Cook

26 minutes ago, markowl said:

He was asking questions that the supporters wanted asking.

A good interviewer would have known how to get those answers without letting it get to that stage.

No one came out of it looking good

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

My personal opinion is Cook was rattled and represented himself poorly in that interview. He’s a scouser, he should be able to banter back and handle those questions with humour and ease, they were not that tough. As for Staton or anyone watching that interview, it is obvious he has struck a nerve and there is something in those questions he didn’t want to answer. Once you get a scent, it is his job to keep going, he did the right thing imo.

Exactly

basically doing his job properly 

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I wanted him when we let Pulis go, would still have him now, but not just yet, Moore is doing a good job of rebuilding the squad, bit like Len Ashurst, and should be given the time to finish the job.

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

This has been an interesting thread...all the Moore haters have crawled out en masse so you know what their agenda will be from the pre-season onwards...it removes all conjecture I'm all for it lol

Add Staton haters too

Theyre always good for a laugh

you know the type - the same ones who cry at Joe Crann that he’s posting clickbait etc 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Add Staton haters too

Theyre always good for a laugh

you know the type - the same ones who cry at Joe Crann that he’s posting clickbait etc 

But...Rob's always been a pain in the arris 🤣

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Name a better local interviewer 

I'm not local?

I don't know Staton from Adam, I couldn't name any other local interviewers, I'm not familiar with his work, I just think he came across poorly in this interview doing a faux Paxman impression 

There's more than one way to skin a cat

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

I'm not local?

I don't know Staton from Adam, I couldn't name any other local interviewers, I'm not familiar with his work, I just think he came across poorly in this interview doing a faux Paxman impression 

There's more than one way to skin a cat

So you can’t then 

Because there isn’t one

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So you can’t then 

Because there isn’t one

Odd line of questioning

So because you think he's the best local one it means he was completely right in his line of questioning? 

You think he was right, I think he was wrong. 

It happens, neither of them came off well imo.

He could have changed tact, he could have changed his questioning and came back to those questions later once he had him onside and had calmed down.

He decided to go full paxman

Chesterfield were on for promotion then lost top scorer and best player to a fracture leg in February ad its been a downward slide since, they could still make the play-off with a win today.

24 goals in 27 games you dont replace a player like that.

take Mitrovic's goals away from Fulham they struggle to make the top 6. Take Tshimanga goals from Chessy and they are rightly struggling.

5 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Odd line of questioning

So because you think he's the best local one it means he was completely right in his line of questioning? 

You think he was right, I think he was wrong. 

It happens, neither of them came off well imo.

He could have changed tact, he could have changed his questioning and came back to those questions later once he had him onside and had calmed down.

He decided to go full paxman

So you say he’s a crap interviewer but can’t say how he should have done it differently and can’t name a better local interviewer 

Owlstalk Shop