Hands up if you wanted Paul Cook

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If you were a Chesterfield fan...what questions would you want asking? I'll give you a clue...the ones Rob was asking

You don't know what I want as a fan of my own club nevermind if I was a fan of a different club

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So you say he’s a crap interviewer but can’t say how he should have done it differently and can’t name a better local interviewer 

Ah I see you're doing your talksport bit Neil

I'm off up Oxford Street with the mrs

Hope your fishing rod reels one in, have a good un 😘

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So you say he’s a crap interviewer but can’t say how he should have done it differently and can’t name a better local interviewer 

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

It always amazes me just how many try the old ‘you’re trolling’ when they lose an argument and have nothing left

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He can ask whatever question he wants to ask, but the manager does not have to answer them. 

For the fans it would be better, if the journalists would be on good terms with the manager and other people at the club to get some information  for us.

It benefits nobody, if Staton is just annoying somebody, which did not lead to any further information for the fans right now, nor is it likely that Staton will get much info in the future. 

This interview was just poor work IMO. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

This interview was just poor work IMO. 

Unless of course you're a Chesterfield wondering wtf is happening at my club we were cruising the league at one point wtf has happened. In which case it was EXACTLY what they wanted asking

• Love 1

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Unless of course you're a Chesterfield wondering wtf is happening at my club we were cruising the league at one point wtf has happened. In which case it was EXACTLY what they wanted asking

I'm 100 % happy with him asking the question.

But it would be wise to stop as soon as you notice that you won't get an answer.

The Chesterfield fans didn't get any additional information and most likely won't hear much via Radio Sheffield in the future.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It always amazes me just how many try the old ‘you’re trolling’ when they lose an argument and have nothing left

lol

Just like you when you just constantly repeat yourself when you have no answers to reasoned debate lol

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I'm 100 % happy with him asking the question.

But it would be wise to stop as soon as you notice that you won't get an answer.

The Chesterfield fans didn't get any additional information and most likely won't hear much via Radio Sheffield in the future.

So any time a manager refuses to answer a question you should stop asking ? Really !

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
10 hours ago, Grassy knoll said:

He has a better cv than Moore. 

what’s the worst that could have happened? He might not have got us promoted just like Moore 

Exactly this. Can’t remember if I wanted him, I think I was after Cowley at the time. Whilst Moore has been in charge we got relegated and failed to go back up so we are hardly in a position to be criticising other managers.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is nothing to do with Moore so put your dummy back in

This thread demonstrates that fans don’t have a clue when it comes to managers

Although I guess you actually could apply this thread to Moore by suggesting those fans who want him out maybe shouldn’t be listened to, and even more so if they also wanted managers like Paul Cook

Its not a dig at anyone just a point that if you look at what managers our fans have demanded or wanted in the last ten years, every single one of them have flopped and failed and disappeared 

Nah...............give over...........everyone knows exactly why you started this thread.

• Like 1

The thing is, though, that Rob Staton was being naughty because he was asking questions which he knew Cook couldn't answer.

At least not while the season's still alive.

How can any manager in this day and age bad-mouth his players when there's an important match coming up?

No manager can, and that's why Kewk kicked off..

OK, if Chesterfield miss out on the play-offs then Hoggles won't need to ask Cook why results have been bobbage.

Cook will tell him, and he'll let the players have it both barrels.

He'll be so hoarse he'll have to use sign language.

But I'm sure he'll be gargling with some "linctus" to alleviate the symptoms.

lol