Hands up if you wanted Paul Cook

15 minutes ago, markowl said:

So managers only answer questions they want to be asked?

Nobody is obliged to answer anything even if it is asked. Look at Guardiola, they always want to ask him about players he’s linked with like Kane or Haaland, about Liverpool and their results, about his future and how long he will stay at the club, about the referees, about how his players did after a bad result, about not winning the champions league, about various social stuff thats almost totally irrelevant to Manchester City.

If he wants to answer it or feels like he can, he does. If he doesn’t he basically shuts the interviewer down by saying he can’t talk about it or it’s not relevant to them and they need to focus on their next game. The Sky interviewers always respect that and move on. If they didn’t and just kept asking it over and over, you’d assume he would end the interview too as he’s already said he can’t talk about it.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I wanted him too.

It's pretty clear that the problem is the playing staff there, and there are so many out of contract at the end of the season that they probably don't care whether Chesterfield go up or not.

We have 13 senior playerS due to leave this summer 

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I mean, we've just had a season in which countless fans have posted their bemusement at almost every decision Moore has made, from not picking the 'right' strikers, via making the 'wrong' subs, to playing the 'wrong tactics all season'.

Yet we won 85 points and were the form team in the division from November onwards.

If that's taught us anything, it's that football fans don't have a clue what they're on about, for the most part.

The portrait you've painted of Cook sounds just as dreadful as those some have painted of Moore in recent months.

Yet he won the league with 98 points.

🤷‍♂️

You don’t think Moore made any mistakes then?

1 hour ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Me ...I did.

Out of all the realistic candidates his CV was the most impressive viz a viz promotions won .

Surprised at how it worked out for him at Ipswich , I suppose it just goes to show what a lottery picking managers is.........Hands up if you wanted Chris Hughton ?

No problem digging him out I see.....yet if you criticize Moore who has yet to achieve anything of real substance then you are a "hater"

This is nothing to do with Moore so put your dummy back in

This thread demonstrates that fans don’t have a clue when it comes to managers

Although I guess you actually could apply this thread to Moore by suggesting those fans who want him out maybe shouldn’t be listened to, and even more so if they also wanted managers like Paul Cook

Its not a dig at anyone just a point that if you look at what managers our fans have demanded or wanted in the last ten years, every single one of them have flopped and failed and disappeared 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Although I guess you actually could apply this thread to Moore by suggesting those fans who want him out maybe shouldn’t be listened to, and even more so if they also wanted managers like Paul Cook

Its not a dig at anyone just a point that if you look at what managers our fans have demanded or wanted in the last ten years, every single one of them have flopped and failed and disappeared 

Neil, you could also say that about managers we've hired, maybe only Carlos that's doing anything notable.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes, because the managers the fans have wanted were realistic candidates and weren't top-of-the-tree.

Those sort of managers wouldn't come here in the state we've been in over the last decade, and let's face it there aren't many of them anyway.

Most managers have a spell of success but then fade, and those who don't are in big demand.

As for Moore, well he has achieved nothing so far, and there's nothing to suggest that he will in the future either.

With the Moorists it's really a question of blind faith.

At least Cook has had some success.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't think that's what I said.

You have come to the conclusion that fans criticising Moore shows that football fans haven’t got a clue what they’re on about.

As @markowl states every manager makes mistakes and Moore is no different. The fans pointing out these mistakes does not mean they haven’t got a clue about football.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

You have come to the conclusion that fans criticising Moore shows that football fans haven’t got a clue what they’re on about.

As @markowl states every manager makes mistakes and Moore is no different. The fans pointing out these mistakes does not mean they haven’t got a clue about football.

No, I've come to the conclusion that some of the criticisms levelled at Moore are way over the top, and the suggestion that we as fans know better than a professional football manager is ridiculous.

We aren't party to anything like the same info. he is, regarding how players have performed in training, what advice the medical team are giving, how the players are feeling, etc. yet without fail, every team he picks is criticised, and every time we lose three alternative course if action is held up as the 'correct' choice, as if it would clearly have led to a better outcome.

Ultimately, we've just had a season in which we've taken 85 points and have been the form team in the division since the start of November, yet the criticism of our manager has been deafening on here at times.

All managers make mistakes, yes. But to hear some tell it, ours has hardly got a thing right all season.

• Like 4

I certainly wanted Cook. His record of promotions was excellent and how he handled himself during the Wigan administration made me think he was a real top bloke.

Was absolutely shocked he dropped into the National League and seems like he’s not handling it very well, he was being grilled because he didn’t come out to the media after losing 2-0 to Torquay, leaving a side that was looking like winning the league clinging onto a play off spot. 

What does come across interesting about Cook is how well his assistant Leam Richardson has done at Wigan winning the title. Coincidental that Cook is did so poor at Ipswich and now Chesterfield without his long term assistant? Richardson the man behind Cook’s success?

• Love 1