The Sunderland goal - A step by step photographic breakdown

Just now, Luke said:

Can you show us the one where Hutchinson cost us the playoffs too 

Before the rope comes out for palmer 

Actually, I think if rope should go anywhere, Harlee Dean has to be high up this list. Yeah, Palmer shouldn't let Roberts have the run on him, but there is a huge gap between him and Storey with Dean five yards too high up the pitch. He's come out wide to cover the short pass when the winger first receives the ball, but then not filled into the hole once that threat has gone. Which is why centre-midfielder Loungo ends up closer to the goal than him once the cross gets delivered.

It just looks like a very tired back line.

• Like 3

Just now, BIG D said:

Poor defending by Palmer but I’ve praised Gregory quite a few times for getting across the defender for a goal.

Its what they do.

watch the video 

One thing you can’t tell from photos is the absolute full speed blistering pace of the striker 

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Actually, I think if rope should go anywhere, Harlee Dean has to be high up this list. Yeah, Palmer shouldn't let Roberts have the run on him, but there is a huge gap between him and Storey with Dean five yards too high up the pitch. He's come out wide to cover the short pass when the winger first receives the ball, but then not filled into the hole once that threat has gone. Which is why centre-midfielder Loungo ends up closer to the goal than him once the cross gets delivered.

It just looks like a very tired back line.

Dean went with Stewart and actually did a good job of blocking him off. Palmer just didn't react to Roberts run.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2