Substitutions

We brought on 4 subs last night, only one was enforced, Hutch.

Not one of  Palmer, Berahino, Paterson, NML, improved our team. They made us look worse. Moore has never mastered the art of when and who to bring on during a match all season. This, along with his tactical ineptness, playing players out of position, and lack of ability to motivate these players means in my opinion, he has to go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but you only have 7 substitutes to potentially bring on. 

You make it sound like there was a wealth of world class talent available to him which he just ignored. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

Subs should’ve helped not hindered us. I thought they cost us that goal at the end from not wanting to defend aggressively.

Its a bit Roy Keane but perhaps we should make a point by sacking those concerned off in the summer, rather than accepting this kind of thing. 

5 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

We brought on 4 subs last night, only one was enforced, Hutch.

Not one of  Palmer, Berahino, Paterson, NML, improved our team. They made us look worse. Moore has never mastered the art of when and who to bring on during a match all season. This, along with his tactical ineptness, playing players out of position, and lack of ability to motivate these players means in my opinion, he has to go.

Except for 71 minutes before the NML substitution Wednesday failed to score within 3 minutes of him coming on Wednesday scored. The team, if measured by goals, definitely improved after Moore's substitution.

Never let the facts get in the way of having a go at Moore.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Subs should’ve helped not hindered us. I thought they cost us that goal at the end from not wanting to defend aggressively.

Its a bit Roy Keane but perhaps we should make a point by sacking those concerned off in the summer, rather than accepting this kind of thing. 

Which is unacceptable when you've got the fresher legs. 

24 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Not one of  Palmer, Berahino, Paterson, NML, improved our team. They made us look worse. Moore has never mastered the art of when and who to bring on during a match all season.

The two outfield players he didn't use were Dunkley and Kamberi. Would bringing either of those on have improved things?

1 minute ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

The two oIutfield players he didn't use were Dunkley and Kamberi. Would bringing either of those on have improved things?

I'd have left it as was except for Hutch and have used Dunkley instead of the "permanantly switched off" Palmer

• Haha 1

Just now, megsonstheman said:

I'd have left it as was except for Hutch and have used Dunkley instead of the "permanantly switched off" Palmer

So would have made zero subs apart from the enforced one. 

Brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

The two outfield players he didn't use were Dunkley and Kamberi. Would bringing either of those on have improved things?

At the time I'd have brought Dunkley on, given that we still hadn't scored at that point and we were resorting to hoofing it long and weren't looking threatening from setpieces either.

I take the opposite view.

I thought 71 minutes was too late. We needed a goal and looked utterly out of ideas.

Palmer did well driving forwards, as he always does. He’s taking stick from some for their winner but NML and Storey were the culprits there.

Yes NML had a stinker, but he was absolutely he obvious choice.

8 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

I expected Dunkley to replace Hutch and felt it would have been a more 'like for like' replacement. Plus he would have given us a threat in the air from free kicks and corners. We never looked like scoring from corners.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Absolutely, cos the 4 he brought on are a lower standard hence they weren't in his starting 11

We weren't exactly creating chance after chance, were we? 

He had to make some changes and I'm pretty sure our goal came after that. 

Unfortunately, some of those subs then showed a lack of professionalism when it came to their equaliser. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We weren't exactly creating chance after chance, were we? 

He had to make some changes and I'm pretty sure our goal came after that. 

Unfortunately, some of those subs then showed a lack of professionalism when it came to their equaliser. 

None of the substitutes contributed to our goal yet 2 of them contributed to us conceding.

We'll come up with similar problems if we pair 3 leggy CB's together next year. 

We really do need some strength and pace in those positions - we can afford to have one 'old' head in there like Dean to keep us in shape, but either side of him needs to be agile. 

Unfortunately, Storey isn't that and will get found out against better sides on the floor.