Sunderland like it fans

From their forum.  Fair play

Our fans at home were amazing. Sheff Wed’s were decent.

HOWEVER, this needs to be said - for the 5/10 minutes after they scored that is one of the best home atmospheres I’ve ever seen. They were class, shining torches apart. The place was absolutely bouncing and louder than anything I’ve heard from home fans.

• Like 1

Just now, darklord said:

From their forum.  Fair play

Our fans at home were amazing. Sheff Wed’s were decent.

HOWEVER, this needs to be said - for the 5/10 minutes after they scored that is one of the best home atmospheres I’ve ever seen. They were class, shining torches apart. The place was absolutely bouncing and louder than anything I’ve heard from home fans.

Imagine if it was for longer than just 5 minutes after scoring a goal?

We'd be Premier League in a couple of years

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Yeah, every time the crowd got going, a Sunderland player laid on the floor. Seem to remember someone was down for about 3 minutes just after the goal to try and calm the crowd down. 

8 minutes ago, Nut said:

Yeah, every time the crowd got going, a Sunderland player laid on the floor. Seem to remember someone was down for about 3 minutes just after the goal to try and calm the crowd down. 

Exactly

I hate that so much too

But it was a definite tactic

The way to not lose to teams using those tactics is to just laugh and walk off when they go down  (e.g. don't scream at the referee) and for the crowd to get louder

Owlstalk Shop

Said last night they need to check Pritchard out he definitely has balance issues the number of times he fell over. 

They were saying on the radio the other day that discussions are going on about head injuries in football. One thing being talked about is players having to go off the pitch to be assessed by a doctor before being allowed to carry on playing like in rugby. Should another play be allowed to come on as a temporary sub whilst the assessment is carried out? Might stop all these players from falling over clutching their heads?

Thought both games had great atmospheres. 

But I agree that was something else after we scored. I tried explaining to a Miller this morning, who was upset about the "Premier League team, Premier League stadium, Premier League noise" comment made by the commentator after our goal, but I just said to him that you need to be there to witness it, listen to it and appreciate it. 

I can't really explain why a home play off goal at Hillsborough is so unique and different to those at other stadiums. Maybe it's the acoustics rattling around four sides of a 122 year old stadium, or maybe it's just the pure ecstasy from fans who have endured over two decades of watching dross, whatever the reason it is an experience that lives long in the memory. Our fans never fail to turn up for these games, it's why opposition fans respect us, hate us and never ignore us. 

The only thing that slightly spoilt it was the phone torches (knew we were going to do it!). 

Edited by Bassetts Allsorts
  • Like 1