Wrong Tactics (All Season )

1 hour ago, parajack said:

but when results didnt go his way at the highest level,he still got the 'tin tack'

So let me get this straight...Alf Ramsey won the World Cup but you are using him as an example to compare with DM...fuckingpriceless 🤣 🤣

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Of course, worth noting that at least Wigan, MK Dons and Wednesday - IE 3 of the top 4 - literally do not play like this and play out from the back.

On the other hand, Gillingham do, Doncaster do, Crewe do etc etc.

Yes, but the three clubs you cite don't have squads anything like as strong as ours.

And I remember Evo coming here with Gillingham and getting a point although he'd 2/3 of his first eleven absent.

I don't say that we should continually hoof the ball back to front, or into the stand every time we have possession of the ball in defence.

What I mean is that we shouldn't over-elaborate either, because opponents harry us into costly mistakes.

That is, if there's nothing on then we put it into row Z rather than attempt to play in our defensive third.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Weird take

lol

Not really, you were referencing all the managerial failures we've had that plenty of our fans wanted for the job. I was simply adding one that i believe was linked (unless my memory fails me) but never came, plenty of fans weren't keen but look at the job he's done at Forest. Simply giving another example of fans being poo at picking managers.

2 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Yes 82 points is good, however, are you telling me that you don't think we should have more?  If you take into account our squad (not when we had the injury crisis) and the amount of times we have thrown games away, then I believe we should be 6-9 points better off.

Which teams in this league haven't dropped points from winning positions? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

You clearly can’t see the other point of view as well because you brushed over and made light of real issues that support the opposing view to yours in your opening paragraph. Yet you have put loads of weight on the points that support your view.

Are you disappointed in yourself because you should be based on that opening paragraph in my opinion. 

As for the racism, It doesn’t have to be racism but it could be. Who are you to say no one wants Moore out because they are racist? Especially when some are saying things like I don’t think he’s right for us but not giving an explanation as to why. 

Thats because I feel like I've debunked the 'he's doing a good job' points by showing that our squad turnover isn't exceptional, that having the biggest budget usually correlates with success (look at the Prem, the parachute clubs in the championship, even clubs like Wrexham in the national league who had money pumped in) and also whenever anyone asks someone to name who in League 1 has a better complete squad than Sheffield Wednesday its always met with silence and no examples are given.

The truth is we've had every right to expect promotion this season given the resources at the managers disposal and its a significant failure if its not achieved. And thats on the back of the failure to stay up last season when we had opportunities to do so.

47 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So let me get this straight...Alf Ramsey won the World Cup but you are using him as an example to compare with DM...fuckingpriceless 🤣 🤣

NO you didnt get it straight AT ALL why am i not surprised?....I used the example of Sir Alf Ramsey to show that even managers who have achieved great things,can be found wanting.......used the Burnley example as well.....as i was replying to Owlstalk saying look at the names who were mentioned for the SWFC job......& where they are now...

Nothing WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH DM......

Suggest you spend a bit more time reading someones post,that way you wont look a complete **** like you do now......ENJOY (i did)

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Thats because I feel like I've debunked the 'he's doing a good job' points by showing that our squad turnover isn't exceptional, that having the biggest budget usually correlates with success (look at the Prem, the parachute clubs in the championship, even clubs like Wrexham in the national league who had money pumped in) and also whenever anyone asks someone to name who in League 1 has a better complete squad than Sheffield Wednesday its always met with silence and no examples are given.

The truth is we've had every right to expect promotion this season given the resources at the managers disposal and its a significant failure if its not achieved. And thats on the back of the failure to stay up last season when we had opportunities to do so.

You haven’t debunked anything though, you’re ignoring factors that have significantly relevance because it suits your narrative.

“when anyone asked who’s got a better squad it’s met always met with silence”

well that’s clearly made up. 

“The TRUTH is we had every right to expect promotion”

That’s not the truth that’s just your opinion.

You can’t just make sh!t up and expect people to go, yep he’s nailed it, that’s my opinion shot down. you’ve got no evidence to back either of those baseless claims up. 

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

The most recent poll on here showed lots of support for Moore. Plus it's easy to see the majority on here back him just from how many post positive comments vs negative. 

Wider fan base I can't comment on.

But you did didnt you? comment on it? now you have corrected yourself.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

You haven’t debunked anything though, you’re ignoring factors that have significantly relevance because it suits your narrative.

“when anyone asked who’s got a better squad it’s met always met with silence”

well that’s clearly made up. 

“The TRUTH is we had every right to expect promotion”

That’s not the truth that’s just your opinion.

You can’t just make sh!t up and expect people to go, yep he’s nailed it, that’s my opinion shot down. you’ve got no evidence to back either of those baseless claims up. 

Who do you think has a better squad than Wednesday then? I notice you haven’t given an example (because I don’t think there is one).

So do Man City not have an expectation to compete for the league given the wages they pay? And it’s just random is it that Fulham and Norwich and Watford keep going straight back up, nothing to do with budget? There’s a lot of coincidences if budget is irrelevant. We have the biggest budget in league 1 so it’s the same principle here.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

DM HAS done a good job in many ways,but 13 or 14 draws in Div 3 in mainly games that were eminently winnable has left us needing to go up through the play off lottery.

Many think that this is a superb achievemenr others feel that our best chance of going straight back up,has been wasted.....

Both views have merit,miether are 'right or wrong' but depend on  how you see what was achieveable this season......

Unless the Forum wants to be an 'echo chamber' for those with similar views ONLY i see nothing wrong with friendly debate,& disagreement.....

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Which teams in this league haven't dropped points from winning positions? 

(1) which team in Div 3 is worse than us at defending set pieces & cros's into the box?

(2) Which teams have drawn more games than us?

(3) How many points have we dropped by drawing so many?

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 minutes ago, parajack said:

DM HAS done a good job in many ways,but 13 or 14 draws in Div 3 in mainly games that were eminently winnable has left us needing to go up through the play off lottery.

Many think that this is a superb achievemenr others feel that our best chance of going straight back up,has been wasted.....

Both views have merit,miether are 'right or wrong' but depend on  how you see what was achieveable this season......

Unless the Forum wants to be an 'echo chamber' for those with similar views ONLY i see nothing wrong with friendly debate,& disagreement.....

I agree but you can’t just make stuff up to support your narrative 

9 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Who is the best squad in league 1 then?

32 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I broadly speaking agree with your view......but it IS an opinion not fact,others will disagree...our view (as you will have noticed!!) is not very popular!! .....

15 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

You cant present 'opinion' as 'fact' i agree....but even 'facts' as in tables,possession stats,etc etc can actually prove little really....

24 minutes ago, parajack said:

that even managers who have achieved great things,can be found wanting

No poo Sherlock what relevance is that to DM...Cloughie won the European Cup and oversaw their decline...what has that to do with DM whom I assume we are all discussing in this thread...bottom line is that you have stated throughout this season that DM was not capable of getting us promoted and now that we are in with a shout with 82 POINTS ( thanks FB ) you're projecting he may fail in the future...personally I'm just chuffed that DM has turned things around since that Hartlepool game where I wanted him gone the following day...just shows you I know fuckall...if by some chance we do go up I know that next season you'll be waiting with baited breath hoping he'll fail so you could be right on a football forum...enjoy

• Love 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 minutes ago, parajack said:

You cant present 'opinion' as 'fact' i agree....but even 'facts' as in tables,possession stats,etc etc can actually prove little really....

But he just made stuff up though 

32 minutes ago, parajack said:

But you did didnt you? comment on it? now you have corrected yourself.....

I think when I referenced 6-8 posters it was clearly implied thay I meant owlstalk rather than the wider fanbase.

I reckon owlstalk is probably a fair reflection of owls fans generally anyway. Though that's a guess....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1