Wrong Tactics (All Season )

21 minutes ago, John Howard said:

When we attacked/went at Fleetwood in the first 15 mins we could/should have been 3.0 up (Fleetwood Match commentators words) .

In the second half when we again went at them /attacked we were all over them (same Commentator).

This season we have played lovely,flowing,passing football and our opposition have put men behind the ball and waited for us to .. launch the ball into a

crowded area (crowded by defenders).

Problem with soooo many passes is if one goes wrong ,or intercepted,or lack of concentration then we are open to the counter attack . How many times this season have we lost/drawn matches and the opposition have had only  3/2/1 chances .

When we go ahead we...defend and PANIC  and kick the ball anywhere and bring Dunc on to head the ball anywhere .

Please don't mention that we are in the Play Offs (hopefully) ...with this squad and a more attacking style we would have been Champions weeks ago .

Adopt a more attacking tactic and we shall win the Play Offs 

Sorry - for a moment I thought you meant bring on donk - I suspect he'd be sent off! 🙂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Never known a fanbase like it

Our fans sell out the away end (obvs)
Manager makes clever tactical changes
We come from behind

We win
Away too
We get three points

It puts us in with a great chance of playoffs and promotion
Our striker gets a hat trick

"We've been doing it all wrong" comes the cry from the fans the morning after

lol

It's so utterly utterly bizarre to me this

Don't get me wrong. I like DM. However, I still not convinced he is the right manager for us. 

If we do manage to get promoted this season, I would probably look at replacing Moore. With who, I'm not sure. But I'm not convinced he is capable of sorting the defence out and giving us a chance of staying up. Although I really hope I am wrong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, John Howard said:

When we attacked/went at Fleetwood in the first 15 mins we could/should have been 3.0 up (Fleetwood Match commentators words) .

In the second half when we again went at them /attacked we were all over them (same Commentator).

This season we have played lovely,flowing,passing football and our opposition have put men behind the ball and waited for us to .. launch the ball into a

crowded area (crowded by defenders).

Problem with soooo many passes is if one goes wrong ,or intercepted,or lack of concentration then we are open to the counter attack . How many times this season have we lost/drawn matches and the opposition have had only  3/2/1 chances .

When we go ahead we...defend and PANIC  and kick the ball anywhere and bring Dunc on to head the ball anywhere .

Please don't mention that we are in the Play Offs (hopefully) ...with this squad and a more attacking style we would have been Champions weeks ago .

Adopt a more attacking tactic and we shall win the Play Offs 

That pitch last night was as bad as I've seen in years. Not a game for intricate passing game.

Got the win thank god, but we really need to get clinical infront of goal....Gregory excluded!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We have EIGHTY TWO POINTS

EIGHTY...  TWO... POINTS.

82 POINTS

EIGHTY

TWO

With quite a lot of disruption along the way more so enforced than by choice regardless of what Moore’s critics might say.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Never known a fanbase like it

Tricky game against a team fighting for their survival and needing a point to stay up

Our fans sell out the away end (obvs)
Manager makes clever tactical changes
We come from behind

We win
Away too
We get three points

It puts us in with a great chance of playoffs and promotion
Our striker gets a hat trick
It puts us on eighty two points (82!!)

"We've been doing it all wrong" comes the cry from the fans the morning after

lol

It's so utterly utterly bizarre to me this

Add an S

Screenshot_20220427-111951_Google.jpg

23 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Don't get me wrong. I like DM. However, I still not convinced he is the right manager for us. 

If we do manage to get promoted this season, I would probably look at replacing Moore. With who, I'm not sure. But I'm not convinced he is capable of sorting the defence out and giving us a chance of staying up. Although I really hope I am wrong.

Good news mate! you are wrong 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

If we do manage to get promoted this season, I would probably look at replacing Moore. With who, I'm not sure. 

This is our fanbase in a nutshell.

Do other clubs have the same level of ignoranceM

• Like 3