Wrong Tactics (All Season )

5 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Wigan 

there's only 5 players in their squad who I'd take - Power, Wyke, Keane, McClean and Bennett. The rest of a combined squad would be made up of Wednesday players IMHO

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

No poo Sherlock what relevance is that to DM...Cloughie won the European Cup and oversaw their decline...what has that to do with DM whom I assume we are all discussing in this thread...bottom line is that you have stated throughout this season that DM was not capable of getting us promoted and now that we are in with a shout with 82 POINTS ( thanks FB ) you're projecting he may fail in the future...personally I'm just chuffed that DM has turned things around since that Hartlepool game where I wanted him gone the following day...just shows you I know fuckall...if by some chance we do go up I know that next season you'll be waiting with baited breath hoping he'll fail so you could be right on a football forum...enjoy

It has NO relevence to DM (still not reading my posts eh?) but keep digging.....I wasnt talking about DM.......& wheres your icons laughing boy? Bottom line? 

Quote: daveyboy66 said: just shows i know all ****all....Who am I to argue with you?...

If it walks like a duck,and quacks like a duck......

Your overmatched me old son..........

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

I think when I referenced 6-8 posters it was clearly implied thay I meant owlstalk rather than the wider fanbase.

I reckon owlstalk is probably a fair reflection of owls fans generally anyway. Though that's a guess....

Funny,you say you cant talk for the entire fan base,and than you do it again!! thats my guess  LOL

4 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

But he just made stuff up though 

I feel like I'm backing up what I'm saying with facts but the other side is the subjective one

Guest DoesJackHunt
7 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

there's only 5 players in their squad who I'd take - Power, Wyke, Keane, McClean and Bennett. The rest of a combined squad would be made up of Wednesday players IMHO

They are top of the league 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah that's what my Linguistics tutor said when we were discussing Chomsky when I was arguing against his dialectic theory 🤣

FPMSL..................is that supposed to impress me? Quote Lanuguage is a site of struggle over meaning' Volushinov.....Marxist linguist....

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah that's what my Linguistics tutor said when we were discussing Chomsky when I was arguing against his dialectic theory 🤣

Picked the wrong area mate studied Linguistics at University for 3 years.....unlucky

• Haha 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I feel like I'm backing up what I'm saying with facts but the other side is the subjective one

You aren’t using facts though, that’s the problem. 

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

They are top of the league 

By that logic whoever finishes top has the best squad and manager, and there's nobody over or underperforming at all

This place is exhausting sometimes. Last nights game wasn't fun but they got the job done in difficult circumstances.

We could be promoted on record points, sign Phil Foden and Haaland in the summer on a free and some fans would come on here to complain that we should have signed Kane and Son instead and the pies arent warm enough on the north stand.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

The truth is we've had every right to expect promotion this season given the resources at the managers disposal  

Absolutely NO way you;'d have said that before the season started so you can put your 'captain hindsight' views back in the box

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

FPMSL..................is that supposed to impress me? Quote Lanuguage is a site of struggle over meaning' Volushinov.....Marxist linguist....

Picked the wrong area mate studied Linguistics at University for 3 years.....unlucky

So did I that's why I recognise bullshit...anyway let's see how this season unfolds and then we can look at next season with fresh eyes eh ?

Honestly though

Look back through this thread from the start and just look how much time and energy some people are using to try and put a downer on the season that we're getting promoted

It's quite the achievement

To sit there day after day typing as many moans and whinges in as humanly possible to try and turn people against a manager when he's smashing records, getting us promoted, coming back from behind to win games, has improved the younger players, has stopped many of the silly things we were doing last season and start of this, and who's currently managing the 7th best season SWFC have ever had in their history and just one (important) game from the playoffs on Saturday

And yet...

A very very small vocal minority is for some reason hell bent on converting you to the Darren Moore hate squad

I'll leave it up to you to decide if you want to join their gang 

But let's be honest - that gang doesn't look either very appealing OR very sane right now to me

lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

A very very small vocal minority is for some reason hell bent on converting you to the Darren Moore hate squad

I'll leave it up to you to decide if you want to join their gang 

But let's be honest - that gang doesn't look either very appealing OR very sane right now to me

Yeah but everyone gets 82 points a season so you can guess why they are upset 

• Love 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

By that logic whoever finishes top has the best squad and manager, and there's nobody over or underperforming at all

Well yes

We play an entire season to find out who’s best, we have 1 game left and Wigan are top. So it’s fair to say they are the best squad and Manager. It could be Rotherham but it’s definitely not us. 
We took longer than some to get going and gel and we also had a lot on injuries to key players. Therefore over the season we weren’t the best squad. On paper our squad is very good but if key players in the squad , Iorfa, Luongo, Windass, Hutch, Dunkley, Hanley are injured for significant amounts of time then your squad isn’t as strong as it could be.

Which means getting results is more difficult. We needed those players fit. A good squad on paper is no good, it needs to be on the pitch. 

Whoever wins the league deserves to win it and deserve the recognition as the best squad and manager. 
You could say we underperformed or you could say we were unlucky with injuries. Either way, we have proven ourselves not to be the best squad in the league this year and that my friend is a fact ! 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We should join their gang and destroy it from within with sarcasm and facts

(mostly sarcasm)

lol

Can't be arsed...if it's more important for them to be right on a football forum then they deserve whatever karma has for them 🤣

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

Which teams in this league haven't dropped points from winning positions? 

I've no idea, I don't study every teams results that closely. If you do, maybe you should get out more.

You could also argue plenty of the teams that have dropped fewer points from winning positions,  haven’t been in front in as many games as us.

13 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Don't get me wrong. I like DM. However, I still not convinced he is the right manager for us. 

If we do manage to get promoted this season, I would probably look at replacing Moore. With who, I'm not sure. But I'm not convinced he is capable of sorting the defence out and giving us a chance of staying up. Although I really hope I am wrong.

That just seems like a really stupid idea. What does that say to any manager we may look at taking the job, if you achieve you aim you might still get the boot? Managers will say no thanks and take another job elsewhere.

People forget the position we were in last year, no relationship between the owner and fans, embargo, 15 senior players (2 of which left the club). Moore has built a squad which could get promoted, he's had a huge injury crisis to deal with, a fanbase still coming to terms with relegation and he's actually done pretty well. 82 points, still could go up via the Play Offs, that's a good job.

• Like 1