Wrong Tactics (All Season )

Guest DoesJackHunt
21 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

It’s all relative though, the top 10 all have 70 points.

If we made a league of 12 actual pub teams and 12 professional teams, what would happen. The pro teams would win every game vs the pub teams and the top 12 would have a massive number of points relative to the bottom 12 (who could only beat each other).

So the number of points is irrelevant without the context of the other sides in the league plus how the competition is faring.

In our case, due to the fallout from covid the bottom half of league 1 have more constrained budgets than usual, and we have a rich benefactor wasting money on wages plus a fan base which is probably 3-4 times the size of most of the other clubs.

Our resources are on another level. We should have done better than we have over the season. But let’s get behind them for hopefully the last 4 games and get over the line now.

Kevin Pressman was sh!te 

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

We’ve battered so many teams and ended up drawing or narrowly losing but I don’t think the problem has been tactical at all, we’ve just been wildly inconsistent in front of goal and let in a few daft ones like all teams do.

Tighten up a fraction at both ends and we’d have romped it. Fine margins.

DM has done great IMO - again, I keep saying it, yes we’ve a very strong squad now but just look at the team we came down with a year ago. Could barely field a starting XI and weren’t allowed to buy anyone else. Quite miraculous really, in that context. 

Shame some (the loud but tiny, tiny minority) can't even remember back to the start of the season.  He's worked the proverbial miracle.  Deserves to be in a higher league

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

He’s done a good job. 
Made mistakes along the way and I’m sure he’d admit that. 
Been hamstrung all Season with ridiculous injury list. 
Were 4th and have play off destiny in our own hands. That will do for me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Never known a fanbase like it

Tricky game against a team fighting for their survival and needing a point to stay up

Our fans sell out the away end (obvs)
Manager makes clever tactical changes
We come from behind

We win
Away too
We get three points

It puts us in with a great chance of playoffs and promotion
Our striker gets a hat trick
It puts us on eighty two points (82!!)

"We've been doing it all wrong" comes the cry from the fans the morning after

lol

It's so utterly utterly bizarre to me this

We need to restrain from comments like this, not every one likes a bit of how's ur father, and is ur mom watching this.

Disgraceful.

• Haha 1

Yeah DM will probably admit himself he's got it wrong in some games especially away from home. 

For me it's more that we've been punished for individual errors a lot that's cost us and all too often not clinical or composed enough in from of goal,which we still need to improve on substantially.  Last night was a classic example we had 20+ shots, with only 4/5 on target compared to them half a dozen at most. Quite a few of those tight games and draws would have been wins if our finishing was better. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

He’s done a good job. 
Made mistakes along the way and I’m sure he’d admit that. 
Been hamstrung all Season with ridiculous injury list. 
Were 4th and have play off destiny in our own hands. That will do for me. 

Yeah but still deserves sacking.😉

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

We’ve battered so many teams and ended up drawing or narrowly losing but I don’t think the problem has been tactical at all, we’ve just been wildly inconsistent in front of goal and let in a few daft ones like all teams do.

Tighten up a fraction at both ends and we’d have romped it. Fine margins.

DM has done great IMO - again, I keep saying it, yes we’ve a very strong squad now but just look at the team we came down with a year ago. Could barely field a starting XI and weren’t allowed to buy anyone else. Quite miraculous really, in that context. 

thats the key i think 4th and a serious shout to win playoffs

Never known a fanbase like it

Tricky game against a team fighting for their survival and needing a point to stay up

Our fans sell out the away end (obvs)
Manager makes clever tactical changes
We come from behind

We win
Away too
We get three points

It puts us in with a great chance of playoffs and promotion
Our striker gets a hat trick
It puts us on eighty two points (82!!)

"We've been doing it all wrong" comes the cry from the fans the morning after

lol

It's so utterly utterly bizarre to me this

He's got a point , yes we won and on the form Fleetwood were on we should have won and won comfortably.

We make it hard for ourselves all the time , same against Crewe at home we should have had the game sewn up first 15 mins,

We should undoubtedly be taking more of the chances we create and we should be defending better especially at set plays.

The opening post doesn't deserve to be scorned at just because the site leader thinks it should.

We are almost on the play offs and that is a decent achievement but god we know how to make hard work of winning games.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Watto said:

The opening post doesn't deserve to be scorned at just because the site leader thinks it should. 

Just to point out, clarify and reiterate once and for all for the hard of thinking or the lazy trope posters - I'm not any kind of 'leader'

I"m just an ordinary normal fan like everyone else

Anyone who points to or refers to me being a site owner, owlstalk owner, leader etc is purely doing so because their argument holds no water

I'm just an ordinary Wednesday fan - no different, better, more important or more authoritative than any other fan

I could set up another login that's not an admin account and post from that to express my views but I don't, but that doesn't mean that just because I own or run the site that I"m not allowed to have a view without it being pointed at as some kind of wild responsibility to fit in with everyone elses opinions or not point out to other people that we're succeeding as a team and a club, have 82 (EIGHTY TWO) points on the board, and are doing just fine regardless of how other fans want to cry, moan and whinge about it

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just to point out, clarify and reiterate once and for all for the hard of thinking or the lazy trope posters - I'm not any kind of 'leader'

I"m just an ordinary normal fan like everyone else

Anyone who points to or refers to me being a site owner, owlstalk owner, leader etc is purely doing so because their argument holds no water

I'm just an ordinary Wednesday fan - no different, better, more important or more authoritative than any other fan

I could set up another login that's not an admin account and post from that to express my views but I don't, but that doesn't mean that just because I own or run the site that I"m not allowed to have a view without it being pointed at as some kind of wild responsibility to fit in with everyone elses opinions or not point out to other people that we're succeeding as a team and a club, have 82 (EIGHTY TWO) points on the board, and are doing just fine regardless of how other fans want to cry, moan and whinge about it

Thanks

Don't believe you.

Rumbled you earlier as a Wycombe fan.

BTW, chairtalk.co.uk is unused and available. 

You're welcome.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, fitz44 said:

Any chance of having a separate section for the endless barrage of boringly negative posts? Then it would be easier for me not to read them. Thanks in advance

You can block anyone and not see their posts it's easy...apart from @fattybear obviously 🤣

• Haha 1

We have EIGHTY TWO POINTS

EIGHTY...  TWO... POINTS.

82 POINTS

EIGHTY

TWO

Yeh but.....

I really do despair with some of our fans. Get the feeling some if them can't wait for us to fail so they can claim they were right all along. But this one is special let's sack the manager who gets us promotion and replace him with "who, I'm not sure". 

Glad he's not running the club.

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Don't get me wrong. I like DM. However, I still not convinced he is the right manager for us. 

If we do manage to get promoted this season, I would probably look at replacing Moore. With who, I'm not sure. But I'm not convinced he is capable of sorting the defence out and giving us a chance of staying up. Although I really hope I am wrong.

Don’t get your logic. Only Wigan have lost less games than us all season. 

Fine margins in seasons.

Take Michael Smith out of Rotherham's team for a month or so and I imagine they would struggle too. Lose Richard Wood and your other experienced central defenders and they would go on a losing run too.

82 points and we played a pretty large spell with just one recognised central defender.

With Gregory and Windass and without the defensive injury crisis we'd have made automatics there's no question. 

All in all he's done a great job IMO; especially given the personnel turnaround.