Wycombe ticket not arrived, what do I do ?

13 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Have you got any good german swear words?

When I was at uni, I spent a year in Austria as a kind of assistant to the teachers in English lessons.

One day near Christmas I was reading the little kids (I think they were about 10 or 11) a story about Rudolf and the other reindeers. I read out all the reindeer names and got a definite snigger in the room from the boys when I read out the name of Vixen. This sounds like a very rude word in German and one which boys of that age would inevitably find funny, especially when an adult is reading it out loud in class.

I will let @GermanBird translate……

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

When I was at uni, I spent a year in Austria as a kind of assistant to the teachers in English lessons.

One day near Christmas I was reading the little kids (I think they were about 10 or 11) a story about Rudolf and the other reindeers. I read out all the reindeer names and got a definite snigger in the room from the boys when I read out the name of Vixen. This sounds like a very rude word in German and one which boys of that age would inevitably find funny, especially when an adult is reading it out loud in class.

Sorry - can't help with this one. It's really something a lady will not  say or write

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

🦊

18 hours ago, morganowl said:

playoff semi tickets will be fun . sell monday after portsmouth post tues get weds . game thurs 745pm not happening is it . quite a few have had problems they only posted 2nd days sales from 2 weeks and 1 day ago on tues/weds this wk 1st class and with most peoples post taking longer with staff absences its no wonder some didnt get theres 

Not happening as we will nick 2nd

On 23/04/2022 at 10:02, GermanBird said:

Sorry - can't help with this one. It's really something a lady will not  say or write

And the German word for "fox" sounds rude in English too.

lol

P.S. The Old English word for "lynx" was "lox", so it follows the same pattern.