Last minute /injury time goals

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Antonio for me.

it was a really low moment in my life where I didn't go much that season as I was out of a job and to compound things, life was kicking me in the arse in other areas wherever it could.

On that morning, I needed cheering up and wanted some fresh air so with what was the last few quid I could spare, I bought a ticket for that match.

And when Antonio scored, I ran like a kid down to the front in celebration!
It felt like a turning point in our season and oddly, for myself too. 
Then the blunts score came in. The crowd went mental. It was one of those moments that we just knew we were going to do it.

You can't write drama like that.

Amazing.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

A few stick out in my mind…

Viv Anderson against Everton to bag our first win back in the top flight.

Chris Magiure against the dingles.

Madine against the Ched Scrubbers.

Antonio against Carlisle.

Was the Madine one that late? For some reason I thought there was still about ten minutes to go in that game.

Adthe Nuhiu went on a run for us in the 2019/20 season of only scoring last minute goals. Five in a row:

- a 96th minute winner at Rotherham

- a 93rd minute equaliser vs Fulham

- a header at Charlton in the 93rd minute to make it 3-1

- a 94th minute stonker at Leeds to make it 2-0

- a 94th minute consolation goal at Swansea.

6 hours ago, marconi said:

Talbot without a doubt, a real “there’s some people on the pitch, they think it’s all over.” moment.

100%

I know I jumped up, but don't remember cheering, Just remember sinking back into my seat and heaving a huge sigh of relief! It was emotional, seriously emotional.

James Quinn v Hull in 2005 to secure our play off spot and put a dampener their promotion party

Talbot at Cardiff to finish one of the most stressful games ever

Crossley against Southampton for sheer novelty value

Antonio against Wycombe was best though, absolute carnage, that was the moment when you knew we were going to do it

End of the 95/96 season away to West Ham and we still had an outside chance of being relegated. Atmosphere in the away end was incredible, even after they'd taken the lead quite late in the game. Jon Newsome headed the equaliser right at the death and the place went mad. I remember walking back to the station after the game with tinnitus in my ears and pins and needles in my arms.