Come Home

19 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Really don't think we need to go there but he would tear this league up if he could keep fit and on the right side of authority.

It not about keeping fit with him it's about getting his head straight. He's either unplayable or just can't be bothered. He's been that way at every club he's been at as far as I can tell. He had the ability to be a very good player and he could never sustain it.

Personallly I would leave the past in the past.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Never underestimate the capacity of double standards on this site.

A site that celebrates the ‘achievements’ of a Liam Palmer (a journey man squad player at best, who couldn’t hold down a regular start in FFs era) and vilifies a player with genuine mercurial talent who happened to make a misplaced protest about lesser players getting more money.

It’s not a case about celebrating mediocrity (that’s what a section on here seem to adhere to).

It’s about not completely re writing history. 

As for nostalgia, half of the ‘tags’ of contributor’s on here relate to good old Hirsty, who has sh*t on the club recently, a lot more than FF ever did.

Not to mention the other night at Sunderland. A ten minute rendition of ‘European tour —— Roland Nilsson’.

Or is it just FF that we’re not allowed to mention?

:duntmatter:

So over the top.

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

And so you should, when the other 136 words are a load of crap. 

I assume you mean the combined content is “a load of crap”, not the actual words.

Only a technicality, but the words can’t be a load of crap unless they are all spelt incorrectly or are used in the wrong context.

For example, if I’d used ‘their’, as in ‘belonging to them’, when I actually meant ‘there’, as in ‘over there’, then the word would be “load of crap” due to the mis spelling & incorrect context. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

I assume you mean the combined content is “a load of crap”, not the actual words.

Only a technicality, but the words can’t be a load of crap unless they are all spelt incorrectly or are used in the wrong context.

For example, if I’d used ‘their’, as in ‘belonging to them’, when I actually meant ‘there’, as in ‘over there’, then the word would be “load of crap” due to the mis spelling & incorrect context. 

Yep, another load of crap. 

You are consistent though, I will give you that. 

But yes, keeping tugging yourself off over a player who was let go two seasons ago? and, bar his first season and a bit of his second, did the sweet sum of fizz all, bar injuries, suspensions and getting done for racist abuse. 

Better yet, he did most of that whilst earning circa 30k a week. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

But yes, keeping tugging yourself off over a player who was let go two seasons ago? and, bar his first season and a bit of his second, did the sweet sum of fizz all, bar injuries, suspensions and getting done for racist abuse. 

You mean the so called racist abuse he was found not guilty of?

He had 2 great seasons and wasn’t as bad in the others some mention.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

If there was an option of a short term contract until the end of the season, we should sign him.

That is what I say too.

Much better than some of the crap we've had on the pitch this season. A league or two above.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Just trying to add a bit of perspective against the history twisting bigots who can’t see beyond their dogmatic, blinkered points of view. 

PS While he WAS doing his stuff in the “first season and a bit of the second” as you graciously concede, he was so far ahead of anything we had then, (I won’t even insult him by comparing him with what we have now) it was a joy to watch.

Who since, has come anywhere near the quality of goals he scored on a regular basis.

As for the “racist abuse”, a wannabe gangsta trying to make a name for himself, who knocked about with wannabe gangsta’s, who promptly deleted all his ‘gangsta’ tweets when the sh*t hit the fan. His word against FFs and the football suits bottled it big time. If you fall for the “racist abuse’ bull sh*t you’re as naive as the a*se covering PC FA.

But yeah, lets crucify FF and build a fizz*n statue to Liam Palmer.

• Haha 2