Come Home

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I remember Shez running like a Dacia when he came back with Oldham. Still looked better than most of our Rolls Royces.

As for FF. Probably verging on heresy to even mention his name amongst the current crop. At his very worst, would have more skill than most of ours.

Oh, I forgot. He didn’t get on the bus for Norwich did he. 

Correct. He didn’t get on the bus. And at that point we should have kicked his fat arse down the road. Problem is, we have a gullible fanbase who love wazurks like this who do them heart signs to the crowd. Suckers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Did he refuse to play??

Someone should have mentioned it!

Being a very, very well paid professional footballer and refusing to play because you want more money sticks in my throat.

Dont care how good a player you are.

Could you honestly say it he tried to make up for it afterwards?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The coach said:

Imagine if FF was named in the squad for Shrewsbury..there wud be about 5000 locked out..sadly a lot of our strange fans prefer the likes of peter atherton and andy booth to yer FF and Di caniis of this world🙈

Prefer players who put a shift in to those who metaphorically stick two fingers up to the club and fans yes I do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed who would want Forestieri when we have Paterson playing up front, last night he took his record to 2 goals in 23 games for the season. If I didn't know, I swear we were playing with Nuihu up front.

We need centre back though, but then the manager has to play them as centre backs not as central midfielders, or wingers or maybe even in goal.

Who knows when Darren gets the tombola out what will happen.

You are messing with stats here massively.......how many of those 23 games has he actually played up front in?

12 hours ago, theowlsman said:

On a free until the end of the season, it's a no brainer

Now I’ve retired I indulge in a spot of proof reading to pass the time.

Im guessing predictive text ruined your intended post?

Ive taken the liberty of correcting your gaffe:-

“On a free until the end of the season, it's a no trainer

🤔

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vulva said:

Correct. He didn’t get on the bus. And at that point we should have kicked his fat arse down the road. Problem is, we have a gullible fanbase who love wazurks like this who do them heart signs to the crowd. Suckers. 

Or maybe we have a section of the fan base who actually like players who have a modicum of talent rather than the box ticking journeymen we usually end up with.

16 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Being a very, very well paid professional footballer and refusing to play because you want more money sticks in my throat.

Dont care how good a player you are.

Could you honestly say it he tried to make up for it afterwards?

Yes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Never underestimate the Wednesday fanbase obsession with nostalgia and mediocrity.

Let's just get the whole 2015/2016 team back together and have another go.

Unbelievable.

Never underestimate the capacity of double standards on this site.

A site that celebrates the ‘achievements’ of a Liam Palmer (a journey man squad player at best, who couldn’t hold down a regular start in FFs era) and vilifies a player with genuine mercurial talent who happened to make a misplaced protest about lesser players getting more money.

It’s not a case about celebrating mediocrity (that’s what a section on here seem to adhere to).

It’s about not completely re writing history. 

As for nostalgia, half of the ‘tags’ of contributor’s on here relate to good old Hirsty, who has sh*t on the club recently, a lot more than FF ever did.

Not to mention the other night at Sunderland. A ten minute rendition of ‘European tour —— Roland Nilsson’.

Or is it just FF that we’re not allowed to mention?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2