Come Home

Just now, Quickly Kevin said:

You won't see a bigger FF fanboy than me but the idea of him coming back is bonkers.

It's utterly absurd. 

We need to move on for Christ sake. 

We clung onto the 2015/2016 team for too long in any event -  we've still got a few hanging around now!

Brought back Hunt too, even though you could argue he still has something to offer. 

I was over the moon when we signed him first time round.

The spiritual nephew to Di Canio & Carbone.

That season it was class, Forestieri was on fire, he scored some pearlers.

It was funny when he told Wallace that his goal against Brighton in the play off semi had been flagged offside.

He gave us some fantastic moments in those first 2 seasons, its ace going to the game knowing we’ve got a maverick type player who can get the crowd going.

On 31/12/2021 at 17:04, bigthinrob said:

I remember Shez running like a Dacia when he came back with Oldham. Still looked better than most of our Rolls Royces.

As for FF. Probably verging on heresy to even mention his name amongst the current crop. At his very worst, would have more skill than most of ours.

Oh, I forgot. He didn’t get on the bus for Norwich did he. 

Never got on the bus for the last 3 years did he .....

16 hours ago, SiJ said:

Why does it keep coming back to Liam Palmer? 

So weird. 

Quite simple really. I’m sure I referred to it earlier.

He is the only one in the current crop of journeymen nonentities that has his own ‘appreciation thread’.

Even you must see the irony of how we vilify a previous player who had genuine talent and have an ‘appreciation thread’ for one that clearly doesn’t.

Or maybe not.

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Quite simple really. I’m sure I referred to it earlier.

He is the only one in the current crop of journeymen nonentities that has his own ‘appreciation thread’.

Even you must see the irony of how we vilify a previous player who had genuine talent and have an ‘appreciation thread’ for one that clearly doesn’t.

Or maybe not.

Well, Liam Palmer is sponsored by the site for starters. He does also still play for us. 

Must have missed all the other tribute threads to players who left three seasons ago. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Well, Liam Palmer is sponsored by the site for starters. He does also still play for us. 

Must have missed all the other tribute threads to players who left three seasons ago. 

There hasn’t been a “tribute thread’ to anyone!

There was a thread about FF being a free agent & would people have him back.

Cue divergent opinions, some vilifying FF with gross exaggerations regarding his supposed ‘crimes’.

As I said earlier, I think FF had a raw deal from the whole football hierarchy, from hideous refereeing decisions, to a kangaroo court (after a ‘proper’ court had cleared him), brought on by a thug trying to make a name for himself, Sky Sports disgracefully highlighting him in an article about players ‘diving’.  The list goes on & on. And then the Owlstalk kangaroo court who would not forgive him for what basically amounts to one transgression. 

So. No tribute thread. Just an alternative viewpoint to the ones that for some reason vilify a player who has arguably been THE most gifted player of recent times. 

Obviously I don’t GET the vilification, but I guess it’s the Wednesday way. Someone wrote earlier, we seem to prefer the plodders & workhorses with minimal ability to flair players who maybe don’t always toe the line, (although I repeat, his supposed crimes were greatly exaggerated).