What if?

Option 1, we'd soon rise up the leagues with the fans we've got but whether we'd be as big when we returned to the championship is another matter. Could take over 10/15 years. Meanwhile the other Sheffield club could be pushing on to option 3 by themselves.

I'm sure there would be an attempt at a phoenix club and I'd try and support that but I don't think it would be easy to maintain the enthusiasm. I sometimes go and watch Sheffield FC, Dronfield Town, Hallam or some other amateur teams down the pyramid and even though I enjoy the games it's not quite the same as watching Wednesday play and defeat hurts a hell of a lot less. 

What AFC Wimbledon have achieved is pretty remarkable in such a short space of time and there would certainly be no guarantee of a return to where we are now for several years; just look at some of the teams in the National League in terms of history, fanbase and finance and it would be years before we even got to that level. 

5 minutes ago, TheGreatNebber said:

I'm sure there would be an attempt at a phoenix club and I'd try and support that but I don't think it would be easy to maintain the enthusiasm. I sometimes go and watch Sheffield FC, Dronfield Town, Hallam or some other amateur teams down the pyramid and even though I enjoy the games it's not quite the same as watching Wednesday play and defeat hurts a hell of a lot less. 

What AFC Wimbledon have achieved is pretty remarkable in such a short space of time and there would certainly be no guarantee of a return to where we are now for several years; just look at some of the teams in the National League in terms of history, fanbase and finance and it would be years before we even got to that level. 

Competing with Sheffield United, and the historic teams such as Sheffield, Hallam and Stocksbridge in the lower leagues, I honestly don't think that a Wednesday phoenix club would ever get back up into the football league.

20 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Given the respective predicaments of both of us, it wouldn't suprise me if Chasiri and the prince see a merger as a viable way to get their cash back.

As long as Chansiri is backing Moore, I would be pleased about this.  

Chansiri has saved this club more than once, almost monthly, and if he feels that's what needs to happen to get his return, then I think we can trust him.