What if?

Looking at the MK Dons franchise club stuff, as well as Derby going under, if we were to go under and only the following three options be available, what would you accept, if any?

1. Club dies, phoenix club started from scratch to replace it.

2. Sheffield Red Bull, lose the name, the blue and white, but keep the history.

3. Sheffield FC, Wednesday and United merge under the Sheffield FC name, keep all the history of the three clubs but have one Sheffield superclub with new stadium.

I know this isn't going to happen, but it would be interesting to see what people would rather do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OneManBand said:

Slow day?

It's been in the back of my mind all week, since the Chansiri flying thread, where someone posted that Red Bull were putting a bid together.

However, a single club in Sheffield, with the oldest club in the world branding would attract massive investment and sponsorship and should be able to challenge the big boys at some point in the future.

As for option 1, I think that most of our younger fans would just switch to United.

Option 2, we could get Verstappen and Pato together for the sh1thousing dreamteam.

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's been in the back of my mind all week, since the Chansiri flying thread, where someone posted that Red Bull were putting a bid together.

However, a single club in Sheffield, with the oldest club in the world branding would attract massive investment and sponsorship and should be able to challenge the big boys at some point in the future.

As for option 1, I think that most of our younger fans would just switch to United.

Option 2, we could get Verstappen and Pato together for the sh1thousing dreamteam.

Can he play CB? 

4- Buy Brighton And Hove Albion tomorrow, and then rename them Wednesday Gulls, then move Wednesday Gulls to Owlerton where there's a waiting crowd established, remove Gulls from name in respect for Brighton because we care so much about the sanctity of football, nickname ourselves after local area, then  compete in the EPL without that phoenix malarkey.  Too time consuming and Sheffield needs a EPL team.

People will forget about in 10 years and fizz em anyway, we deserve it.

• Haha 2

Option 1.

What is Sheffield Wednesday? It's the blue and white stripes. It's one of the most recognisably unique names in football. It's the owl. It's your mates and your family, pitching up at Accrington or wherever with more away fans than home. The shared ideals and identity, the history, "All Wednesday Aren't We".. the Wednesday family.

Everything else is paperwork. No EFL punishment, HMRC register or dodgy Dejphon accounting can erase any of the above. 

Nobody could be judged for finishing with football if Wednesday ceased to exist, but surely this fanbase has enough left in the tank to make sure Wednesday - all the stuff that actually matters - never dies.  

• Love 1