Accrington Stanley v Owls Review

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

An excellent video, agree with most of what he says, speaks well and nicely presented. 

Could’ve done with sitting with a bloke like this at matches in mi younger days. He would’ve calmed me down and made me look at the bigger picture. Level headed. Enjoy the wins however they come, don’t get too down with the defeats. Always another game around the corner. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Kamberi is a goal every 135 mins this season.

Between Kamberi and Gregory, I think we're sorted for 'finishers' - both have that lovely knack of being in the right place at the right time.

What we could do with alongside them is somebody a bit more adept at stretching a back line, holding on to the ball, and finding a teammate in order to relieve a bit of pressure on the team as a whole at times. In an ideal world, they'd be great in the air as well, but that's a very unlikely combination for a club in our situation.

I was hoping Berahino might provide some of the above, but the early signs aren't great on that front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Guess they thought you were too busy writing your OMDT for tomorrow

You overestimate the effort that goes into them that I'd start them Sunday evening, most get started at a minute to midnight as I sit staring blankly into the abyss! 

• Like 1

Cleggy strikes me as the typical Wednesday fan.  Most of the time miserably frustrated and cannot believe we can be as poor as we have been, then a little bit of decent play and a result and he's full of joy and keen to shower everyone with praise.

The performance was a bit like the curates egg, good in parts but we won so it doesn't matter.

4 hours ago, prowl said:

Cleggy strikes me as the typical Wednesday fan..... 

Thanks prowl for highlighting something I should have made clear... 

I am not Sheff Cam - he is rather more laid back than myself! He is possibly too self-effacing to post directly in Owlstalk. 

• Like 1