Donkey Darren & His Merry Band of Bottlejobs

1 hour ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Whatever anyone thinks of the manager there's no need to be disrespectful to the bloke. I'm sure he's trying his best.

ime sure he is but we need better than his best, he aint good enough and neither are the majority of his signings, good for the future Darren.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, debram said:

ime sure he is but we need better than his best, he aint good enough and neither are the majority of his signings, good for the future Darren.

That wasn't the gist of my post, which was, if you need reminding, that there is absolutely no need to insult the man. Or maybe you think there is do you? Because he's not cutting the mustard so to speak, at this particular time, gives people carte blanche to call him derogatory names does it? Seriously interested in what you think by the way,.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

That wasn't the gist of my post, which was, if you need reminding, that there is absolutely no need to insult the man. Or maybe you think there is do you? Because he's not cutting the mustard so to speak, at this particular time, gives people carte blanche to call him derogatory names does it? Seriously interested in what you think by the way,.

Nothing against the bloke, in my opinion he is not right for the task in hand at this moment in time.

• Like 2

Just now, debram said:

Nothing against the bloke, in my opinion he is not right for the task in hand at this moment in time.

Who said he was? My post wasn't about whether he was doing a decent job or not, it was about whether he deserved being insulted or not, which he doesn't. As I said, I'm sure he's trying his best.

2 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Who said he was? My post wasn't about whether he was doing a decent job or not, it was about whether he deserved being insulted or not, which he doesn't. As I said, I'm sure he's trying his best.

Cant say that i have noticed anyone on here insulting him, just straight down the line opinions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, debram said:

Just the OPs wit and frustration showing, i dont think it was meant as a personal insult,

I personally think it's time for social media to tone things down, especially so when we look at recent events. People being derogatory, insulting and disrespectful is encouraged and made worse by other peoples acceptance, approval or justification of what they post. Making excuses for garbage like that just puts you in the same bracket as them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I personally think it's time for social media to tone things down, especially so when we look at recent events. People being derogatory, insulting and disrespectful is encouraged and made worse by other peoples acceptance, approval or justification of what they post. Making excuses for garbage like that just puts you in the same bracket as them.

Maybe ime naive and youre reading me wrong, ok the title could be taken as offensive but ime sure Darren Moore would just laugh at it and its toungue in cheek, its part of the job surely.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, debram said:

Maybe ime naive and youre reading me wrong, ok the title could be taken as offensive but ime sure Darren Moore would just laugh at it and its toungue in cheek, its part of the job surely.

Yes, you're naive. No, i'm not reading you wrong. The thread title insults a bloke who is doing his best for us. Personal insults like this lead on to suicides amongst some of us, not me I hasten to add, but some of us are susceptible to it. Saying the manager is falling short, not up to the job, we need to change him out, get a new bloke in, are part and parcel of the job, calling somebody a donkey really isn't. I really am surprised you can't see this, do you think things should stay as they are or should we start to try and change things a bit. I'm all for free speech by the way, I just think it needs tempering by a certain weight of responsibility on the people who are posting anonymously and the people who make excuses for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Yes, you're naive. No, i'm not reading you wrong. The thread title insults a bloke who is doing his best for us. Personal insults like this lead on to suicides amongst some of us, not me I hasten to add, but some of us are susceptible to it. Saying the manager is falling short, not up to the job, we need to change him out, get a new bloke in, are part and parcel of the job, calling somebody a donkey really isn't. I really am surprised you can't see this, do you think things should stay as they are or should we start to try and change things a bit. I'm all for free speech by the way, I just think it needs tempering by a certain weight of responsibility on the people who are posting anonymously and the people who make excuses for them.

We should change things a bit.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Good god.....if that's his best we've definately got the wrong man

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

You are absolutely right.

Completely out of order to name call.

The trouble is that it's the 'banter' defence.

Sometimes it's allowed on OT sometimes it's not.

• Like 2