Donkey Darren & His Merry Band of Bottlejobs

4 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Good god.....if that's his best we've definately got the wrong man

And that's fine, it's the insults which are not necessary. I personally think he's doing a decent job so far. He's brought some decent players into the club. OK, we may not be running away with anything yet, but I fully expect that we'll be flying in the 2nd half of the season and all the doubters will change their minds.

Having said that, I've been wrong so many times.

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2021 at 22:52, Kelfin Platz said:

Yes, you're naive. No, i'm not reading you wrong. The thread title insults a bloke who is doing his best for us. Personal insults like this lead on to suicides amongst some of us, not me I hasten to add, but some of us are susceptible to it. Saying the manager is falling short, not up to the job, we need to change him out, get a new bloke in, are part and parcel of the job, calling somebody a donkey really isn't. I really am surprised you can't see this, do you think things should stay as they are or should we start to try and change things a bit. I'm all for free speech by the way, I just think it needs tempering by a certain weight of responsibility on the people who are posting anonymously and the people who make excuses for them.

His best lol

if this was anyone else in any other walk of life and this was their best, they’d be down the job centre

hope daz is tomorrow, but no doubt our clueless chairman (am I allowed to say that or will it upset him) will wait too long, bring Thompson in for a few games, wait too long again, then get it wrong with the next appointment 

its fuckingroundhog at s6

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

His best lol

if this was anyone else in any other walk of life and this was their best, they’d be down the job centre

hope daz is tomorrow, but no doubt our clueless chairman (am I allowed to say that or will it upset him) will wait too long, bring Thompson in for a few games, wait too long again, then get it wrong with the next appointment 

its fuckingroundhog at s6

Results so far have been solid rather than spectacular, but very few clubs would sack their manager a dozen games into a season when they're sat in 7th position having overhauled the squad, lost the majority of their expensive signings, and had to replace them with frees and loans.

You talk as if we're getting battered each week and are struggling towards the bottom of the table.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Results so far have been solid rather than spectacular, but very few clubs would sack their manager a dozen games into a season when they're sat in 7th position having overhauled the squad, lost the majority of their expensive signings, and had to replace them with frees and loans.

You talk as if we're getting battered each week and are struggling towards the bottom of the table.

We've got a different definition of solid then pal, solid results aren’t continually throwing away leads, the players are mentally weak and this stems from the manager himself.

7th is a false position (bit like third under the monk) performances have been pisspoor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

We've got a different definition of solid then pal, solid results aren’t continually throwing away leads, the players are mentally weak and this stems from the manager himself.

7th is a false position (bit like third under the monk) performances have been pisspoor

I agree about the mentality, but that's been an issue long before Moore arrived. As I said in the 'Sports Psychologist' thread, it's something we've been to address for some time now.

Performances have largely been stodgy so far, but if it weren't for some dodgy refereeing and some equally dodgy goalkeeping, we'd have picked up a fair few more points than we have.

I'd say 7th spot is about right based on what we've seen so far.

On 16/10/2021 at 16:57, Crofty_11 said:

Chansiri needs to show some bottle for once & go & get Ryan Lowe on Monday morning before it’s too late.

BUT Chansiri doesn't know his arse from his elbow , is thousands of miles away and will never have heard of Ryan Lowe !